Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Brubaker's Catwoman, Batman and Gotham Central are awesome. Dark Knight Returns and Strikes Again have been collected in one Absolute.

Runs you might be interested in are:
    Swamp Thing by Moore
    Swamp Thing by Vaughan
    Morrison's Batman
    Morrison's JLA
    Transmetropolitan by Ellis

Some Stormwatch history:
    Stormwatch was created by Jim Lee. Ellis took over at #37. He wrote all the issues till #50. The title was relaunched and Ellis wrote all the 11 issues of that volume. The series then changed into the Authority, of which Ellis also wrote the first 11 issues. Millar then took over as the regular writer of Authority.
    Thanks again for the help victor. I can probably make a nice list now.

Here's what I'll look into from what you mentioned:

Swamp Thing by Moore (Always mentioned and an obvious choice)
    Swamp Thing by Vaughan (Did not know of this and has piqued my interest)
    Morrison's JLA (Someone has recommended the Deluxe Editions before)
    Transmetropolitan by Ellis (In truth I'm not sure if I'd like this series, but will probably make the list.)

Ellis actually wrote the first 12 issues of the Authority and WildC.A.T.s/Aliens, which tied the last two issues of Stormwatch together. During Millar's run, Doselle Young wrote one issue that started off The Monarchy, Tom Peyer wrote 4 issues and Morrison ghost wrote the second last issue.
    BB

Bump. Sent my best attempt at a list.

BUMP. Sent my list.

there's a Absolute Transmetropolitan Vol. 1 on the way, so i guess there wont be a omnibus anytime soon!

Has anyone said John Byrne Superman yet? I wanna John Byne Superman Omnibus or a series of really nice hardcovers with sewn-bindings would be even better!

when will we have a list?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    when will we have a list?
    I already started counting. List will be due tomorrow or the day after I think.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I voted. Woohoo.
    i thought I did but I don't see a pm in my outbox . . . did I submit a list?

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I already started counting. List will be due tomorrow or the day after I think.
    thanks a lot!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    i thought I did but I don't see a pm in my outbox . . . did I submit a list?
    Hmm, I couldn't find it in my inbox. If you could make a list before tomorrow I could easily count that too if you still want to vote
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I'm done counting! Sadly, my phone is almost empty and I'm a bit tired so I'm going to post the list with covers and comments tomorrow. A teaser: throw your expectations out of the window (well, at least a few), this list contains some surprises.

10 Hitman vol 2
    (#34-60, Hitman/Lobo: That Stupid Bastich#1,JLA/Hitman#1-2, #1.000.000 and a story from Superman 80-Page Giant #1)

This one is pretty self-explaining. It's the second half of the Hitman ongoing by Garth Ennis. I went a bit back and forth about what it should contain and on what issue vol 1 should contain. I decided to start vol 2 with perhaps one of the most famous stories from Hitman (The Superman story). Also included apart from all the remaining issues from the ongoing are two crossovers, the #1.000.000 issue and a story I never heard of from Superman. The serie has only one annual and that's included in vol 1 so that rounds up to 32 issues.

9 Question by Denny O'Neil (#1-36, Annual #1 and 2 and Question Quarterly #1-5)

After Crisis on Infinite Earths Denny O'Neill re-invented the Question, a street vigilante from Charlton comics, in a more philosophical fashion. It was one of the first post-Watchmen "mature" comics from DC and gained high status among comic book fans. It also helped pave the way for titles like Animal Man and Green Arrow to become darker and more mature. This hefty tome would collect all the 36 issues from the ongoing, the 2 annuals and the 5 Question Quarterly issues O'Neil wrote after he finished the ongoing (don't quote me on that though), which is 43 issues total.
    Last edited by victorxd1999; 12-25-2014 at 12:17 PM.

8 Astro City vol 1 [v1 #1-#6 + v2 #1-#22]

Astro City by Kurt Busiek has always been a popular title because, like most Busiek works, it brought back the joy of Silver Age comics without being dated. A lot of the Astro City issues are self contained and star various characters. The title has had many volumes and many publishers who published it (including Image and Wildstorm) but the current, still going title is in the hands of Vertigo. I haven't read Astro City yet myself (something I intend to rectify soon) so I can't really say a lot about it (I currently don't have the trusty internet to help me). What I can say is that this omnibus would contain all the issues before The Dark Age which will be 28 issues total

7 Animal Man by Jeff Lemire (#1-29 and Swamp Thing #12, 17-18.)

I'm going to be honest here, I did not expect this title to make it this far. Lemire is a popular writer right now (which is definitely deserved) and one of his best Dc works must be his New 52 Animal Man. His Animal Man concentrated on the idea that Animal Man draws his strength from the Red, just as the Swamp Thing draws his strength frlm the Green. Lemire also concentrated on Buddy's family a lot, which is always a plus imo. This omni would collect all the New 52 issues of Animal Man and the necessary Swamp Thing issues from the Rotworld crossover for a total of 32 issues.
    Last edited by victorxd1999; 12-25-2014 at 12:17 PM.

6 Justice League International vol 1 (Justice League International #1-25, Justice League America #26-30, Justice League Europe #1-6 and Justice League International annual #1-3)

I have only read bits of this one so correct me if I'm wrong:
    After the CoIE, everyone was trying to recreate the big characters. Byrne had Superman, Perez had Wonder Woman etc. So when Giffen and DeMatteis relaunched the Justice League, nobody wanted to give them permission to use their characters. Only O'Neil felt sorry for them so he gave them Batman. Apart from him and Martian Manhunter, Giffen and DeMatteis had to make due with smaller characters like Guy Gardner, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Black Canary etc. Maybe it was for the best, because the title turned into THE place for lightheartness and character moments post-crisis. It started such things as the Gold and Blue bromance, Martian Manhunter's Oreo obsession and the BWAHAHA (take these first 3 scans for example http://goodcomics2.comicbookresource...ns-bwah-ha-ha/
    ). Apart from the humor, there were a lot of genuine scenes and great action too. Like I said, I haven't read a lot so I guessed these issues to be a good vol 1. It collects the first 30 issues of JLI/JLA, the first 6 issues of JLE and the 3 JLI annuals for a total of 39 issues.

5 Superman by John Byrne (Man of Steel #1-6, Superman #1-22 and Action comics #584–600,*Annual #6)

Okay, I can't say a lot of usefull stuff here... I'm not a very big Superman fan and I'm not a Byrne fan too so I've never read any of this. But sticking to the facts here: After CoIE, Superman was assigned to John Byrne. He first wrote a mini called Man of Steel in which he re-invented Superman's origin and turned Lex Luthor from a mad scientist to the cold businessman he is today. After that, Byrne wrote 2 of the 3 Superman titles. I don't know if this volume would collect all of Byrne's Superman but after some research this seemed like a good omnibus (please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong). This big tome worthy for the Man of Steel would collect all his Action Comics, Man of Steel and Superman issues from the 86-88 era and an Action Comics Annual for a total of 48 issues.