Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
I do find it funny that Stark is getting hate for the same things that got Cap praise. Rogers really is the Teflon-Man.
I think it's actually sort of the reverse. I think in Steve's case people are more critical of him for NOT trying to stop the Cabal. Or at least that's the sense I got from a lot of the New Avenger threads.

But the other issue with Starks act is that I sort of thing it comes off as sounding doomed to fail right out of the gate. Granted we already know it failed so hindsight is 20/20. But at least given what little we've heard and seen out of him plan, it's sort of hard to respect it even though I can see to some degree root for him for at least trying. I don't buy that he can beat the Cabal alone... and if by some people he could, unless he's got a means of stopping the incursion too really all he's doing in sentencing 2 universe to death. So on a lot of levels I think people just find fault with what we saw. Though in all fairness we don't know exactly what went down there.

If Steve did the same thing and single handedly tried stopping the Cabal I'm sure plenty of people would have found fault in that plan too. It's heroic in a sense... but overall it doesn't sound like a very good or well thought out plan.