Default Any SPOILERS for All-New Ghost Rider 9?

I stopped reading this before the REAL Ghost Rider got here because the story telling and panel images gelt too messy for me and none of the appreciation here http://community.comicbookresources....-Appreciation/ could sway me. It's too bad 'cuz the story plot and artwork layouts did offer some potential. Anyways, back to the great Blaze. The recap this month http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...pid=24722&pg=1 does pique my interest again if the REAL Ghost Rider becomes a regular (now with TBolt's canned). Can someone recaps the highlights of this issue if there are any worthy SPOILERS...

GHOSTR2014009-DC11-LR-bbf7f.jpg

Overall, kind of a poor issue. I'm a big fan of Blaze too, but he's in and out of this series in no time. Basically, the Spirit inside Robbie is a serial killer named Eli. How he became a fiery spirit with similar powers to Ghost Rider is explained as him being a satanist. It's kind of lazy but whatever. Johnny penance stares him while he's in control, then explains to Robbie how no matter what's inside you, only you determine whether or not it can take over, using his own experience with Zarathos to make a point of this.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Overall, kind of a poor issue. I'm a big fan of Blaze too, but he's in and out of this series in no time. Basically, the Spirit inside Robbie is a serial killer named Eli. How he became a fiery spirit with similar powers to Ghost Rider is explained as him being a satanist. It's kind of lazy but whatever. Johnny penance stares him while he's in control, then explains to Robbie how no matter what's inside you, only you determine whether or not it can take over, using his own experience with Zarathos to make a point of this.
    Awwww. Did the "Blue Krew" made their presence or that's the next issue? and what about Robbie's brother, is he okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquar View Post
    Awwww. Did the "Blue Krew" made their presence or that's the next issue? and what about Robbie's brother, is he okay?
    His bro is fine, but I don't think it's the last time they'll touch on him and Hyde's drugs. The Blue Krew came in at the end. I forgot to mention they also now know Robbie's the Ghost Rider.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

His bro is fine, but I don't think it's the last time they'll touch on him and Hyde's drugs. The Blue Krew came in at the end. I forgot to mention they also now know Robbie's the Ghost Rider.
    Wow, thanks can't wait to pick this up but I think Robbie needs to guest-star in Ms. Marvel, Spiderman or Spiderman and the X-kids cause if not he's going into limbo like Dan Ketch.

Spectacular Member

I haven't picked mine yet. But from the sound of it, at least Smith seems respectful towards the John Blaze character. That's a definite PLUS for me, even if the writing itself happens to be on the "cliche and unimaginative" side of things... which is (sad to say) par for the course with this series.