Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So it looks like Tony tried to make a suit strong enough to fight Thanos and company?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Yeah, looks like he went for his usual route of creating BUSTER armor. With the usual result.

Still, you have to give him props for at least trying.

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cap10nate View Post
    He started to grow back in the cube that he was stuck in with Proxima and Thanos. It shows his skeleton holding onto the spear with flesh starting form on his hands and up his arms. I don't remember all the facts, but I think he couldn't be killed as long as he had a hold of that spear. There must have been a little bit of him still attached after Hyperion fried him. Then in issue 19, Maximus shot a laser drill into the cube to let some air in and it shows Corvus completely reformed. He even mentions that Corvus has been growing back.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Has nothing to do with him touching the spear, he cannot die as long as the spear exists.
    I missed those clues. Thanks!
    "we're all some kind of noise. be the good kind"
    . Ms. Marvel . Saga . ASM .

BANNED

Stark was a raving lunatic in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Just further proof that the he's been broken by the weight of the problem they face.

Plus he's still inverted as well.

He's never the smartest guy or the most powerful guy. But he always thinks he is both. Someone should put the poor guy out of his misery.

He's inverted though, so he gets a pass. He's still less of a lunatic than a lot of the X-Men and Avengers in Axis. Though I in a way that's a poor reflection of Stark, since a really bad inverted character in theory should translate to a really good non-inverted one.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, looks like he went for his usual route of creating BUSTER armor. With the usual result.

Still, you have to give him props for at least trying.
    He should take the hint by now... If you find yourself building an XXX Buster Armor, you are soon going to be owned by XXX.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    He's inverted though, so he gets a pass. He's still less of a lunatic than a lot of the X-Men and Avengers in Axis. Though I in a way that's a poor reflection of Stark, since a really bad inverted character in theory should translate to a really good non-inverted one.
    It's my understanding that he is aware of the inversion and chose to stay that way. All the other heroes were re-aligned after Axis, but Tony hid so he could stay inverted. True?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Gees, I'm starting to realize how much of a mess and how dated this comic is going to be for future readers who aren't reading any of the events currently when they get to this part of the comic (just like Morrison's JLA, but with more characterization).

I loved stark this issue

Why is everyone so sure he's inverted? Besides the armor, his behavior could be read either way. He's been imprisoned for months.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Gees, I'm starting to realize how much of a mess and how dated this comic is going to be for future readers who aren't reading any of the events currently when they get to this part of the comic (just like Morrison's JLA, but with more characterization).
    True, if you don't know about the inversion thing, you'd wonder why Stark is being more of jerk than usual. They should have done something visually to indicate that he is the Darkest Timeline Tony, such as shaving off his goatee.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Didn't like it. Hate Hickman's version of Stark.
    Hickman has never written a single scene that made Stark look competent, let alone good.

But piss on him. I love full-on douchebag Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by saucemaster View Post
    True, if you don't know about the inversion thing, you'd wonder why Stark is being more of jerk than usual. They should have done something visually to indicate that he is the Darkest Timeline Tony, such as shaving off his goatee.
    Well, given that he is away doing his own thing, its not likely that he is around when the Inversión spell is undone.

I'm not getting the Stark hate here. He has been locked up for months and they just come in and tease his release like that. I would react the same way

I did love the use of the stark buster running gag
    We need better comics