Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I liked Tony's rant at the end I actually lol'd reading that, even my fiancé who doesn't comics found it funny. I liked Black Swan in this issue as well with the whole big reveal and as usual with New Avengers I enjoyed the art work.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Great issue, the combo with Avengers #38 made for a really great week imo...Great reveal about Black Swan also, hopefully this won't lead her to a tragic ending/fall.
    Actually, having read the issues I now feel that it is setting her up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by saucemaster View Post
    He's never the smartest guy or the most powerful guy. But he always thinks he is both. Someone should put the poor guy out of his misery.
    LOL He'll probably be the next big character that they kill off.

He should take the hint by now... If you
    find yourself building an XXX Buster Armor, you are soon going to be owned by XXX.
    LOL Typical Tony though.

Also, she wants to marry Tony because of his face and because he is the best choice from dwindling options.
    ''Best choice from dwindling options'' would be enough to damage even Tony's ego lol.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Tony was trolling her.
    tony was trolling her but she denied nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    LOL Typical Tony though.

No, it's not. It's the character assassination version who shows up in other books.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I'm not getting the Stark hate here. He has been locked up for months and they just come in and tease his release like that. I would react the same way

I did love the use of the stark buster running gag
    exactly they come and tease him with freedom, and you must understand, tony honestly thinks, even before the inversion that he was doing the right thing, and case can be strongly made that he in fact was, here they come telling him that he must admit he was wrong despite the fact that every part of his being believes that he is right, then is not surprising the way he acted, in fact I expected

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    that she's in love with tony and only faking that she's a extinction level threat to get her family back and marry tony.
    I loved the implication

Incredible Member

Well. That explains battleworld and damn I'm starting to feel for the Black Swan. At least Tony tried.
    Last edited by PlanetaryDevastation; 11-19-2014 at 03:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I'm not getting the Stark hate here. He has been locked up for months and they just come in and tease his release like that. I would react the same way

I did love the use of the stark buster running gag
    I think the hate is because he's a raving lunatic in this issue.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I think the hate is because he's a raving lunatic in this issue.
    Yeah but he's inverted and being mocked by his captors for months on end. He's behavior is understandable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    tony was trolling her but she denied nothing.
    It wouldn't be the first time she manipulated someone. She could very easily be giving Tony the reaction he was looking for. Why so quick to believe her emotional reactions are genuine when they're so completely out of character?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    Yeah but he's inverted and being mocked by his captors for months on end. He's behavior is understandable.
    Maybe, but a raving lunatic is still a raving lunatic.

BANNED

When is the last time Stark looked good, honestly I am surprised it Doom's Fault Wanda went crazy seeing as Stark gets blamed for everything these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Wonder why Tony and the rest of the Illuminati split. Perhaps it was about how to handle the Cabal?
    It looks like he may have had a change of conscience and tried to stop the Cabal himself. Swan mentions they caught Tony when he tried to save a world the Cabal was already wrecking.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It looks like he may have had a change of conscience and tried to stop the Cabal himself. Swan mentions they caught Tony when he tried to save a world the Cabal was already wrecking.
    Not to mention there are actually panels showing him fighting them in flashback, and they're who's holding him. I don't think there's any 'may' about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So it looks like Tony tried to make a suit strong enough to fight Thanos and company?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    It also eerily reminds me of a Space Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Why is everyone so sure he's inverted? Besides the armor, his behavior could be read either way. He's been imprisoned for months.
    That's what I thought to. I'm not reading AXIS, so if he's implied to have stayed inverted there, I'd have missed it. When reading this, I just felt I was reading a man who's been imprisoned for months and lost it (as Steve has).

I don't think anyone reading this run down the line is going to be too confused. There's an eight month gap that doesn't look like it's going to be fully explained in this series, so if anything it will entice readers to pursue the events that happened in the in between to see HOW those things occurred. The fact that they have occurred has certainly changed the landscape of TRO, but I don't think it's affecting the emotional story much at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    That's what I thought to. I'm not reading AXIS, so if he's implied to have stayed inverted there, I'd have missed it. When reading this, I just felt I was reading a man who's been imprisoned for months and lost it (as Steve has).

I don't think anyone reading this run down the line is going to be too confused. There's an eight month gap that doesn't look like it's going to be fully explained in this series, so if anything it will entice readers to pursue the events that happened in the in between to see HOW those things occurred. The fact that they have occurred has certainly changed the landscape of TRO, but I don't think it's affecting the emotional story much at all.
    Yeah, that felt like full on Inversion Tony. I think Tony's inversion is going to be more long term than everyone else, especially since he has a new title revolving around that.