Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Unfortunately, that does happen a lot with artisits rendition of characters . You could also say Black Swan looks a lot like Sue when Epting was on the title. It's sometimes hard to tell Clint and Steve apart when they are in their civvies.
    yep, she looked like Jessica Alba when Deodato was on the book
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    See.....I'm not sure of that. Like most stories BP fans seem divided on Liss story but most seemed to like it. (at least on CBR)

Also unless stated otherwise this is still cannon:

So with Pym and Doc Green on the Illuminati T'Challa is no longer the second smartest man in the room. (Not sure where Stark landed on that list but from what I am told it was closer to #4 or #5 )
    It's interesting that they're actually starting to developing some actual rankings for this sort of thing. Granted some of that might be tongue and cheek, but still...

Unfortunately, that does happen a lot with artisits rendition of characters . You could also say Black Swan looks a lot like Sue when Epting was on the title. It's sometimes hard to tell Clint and Steve apart when they are in their civvies.

So no one is intrigued about what role the Molecule Man is playing?
    I thought he was supposed to be Doom WMD ? Given the Mad Thinker traced the origin point, I expect the MM to drop something nasty at it or something along those lines.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's interesting that they're actually starting to developing some actual rankings for this sort of thing. Granted some of that might be tongue and cheek, but still...
    The concept is silly, since that it would be difficult to quantify actual intelligence but their is a actual ranking systems for it so it is cannon. It started in the pages of The Hulk and expanded out.

So no one is intrigued about what role the Molecule Man is playing?
    I am definitely intrigued. I love that Doom has Mad Thinker and MM on hand. I expect that Molecule Man will playa pretty significant part, based on his rambling a about his dreams and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I thought he was supposed to be Doom WMD ? Given the Mad Thinker traced the origin point, I expect the MM to drop something nasty at it or something along those lines.
    Yeah, I feel like it's the Thinker who is doing all the calculations and investigation and so on, and Molecule Man is just assisting with it, and that he may then be used to confront the threat.

The concept is silly, since that it would be difficult to quantify actual intelligence but their is a actual ranking systems for it so it is cannon. It started in the pages of The Hulk and expanded out.
    Well, it's canon that someone made a ranking, but it's not canon that the rankings on the list are accurate. I agree with you, it's a silly idea, and it seems to me more a byproduct of the battle board type mentality of fans than anything else really.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, after all, he builded an anti-Phoenix laser, so building a Thanos-buster armor cant be that hard, right ?.
    Busters are hard, Stark hasn't gotten one right yet despite decades of trying

BANNED

And we all know who wrote that. :smh:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Well, it's canon that someone made a ranking, but it's not canon that the rankings on the list are accurate. I agree with you, it's a silly idea, and it seems to me more a byproduct of the battle board type mentality of fans than anything else really.
    True. However, in this type of medium I could see why Marvel at least would want to have a system in place for branding and fictional universe constructing. If anything the list just shows how the powers at be want those characters to be written as and where they stand among each other. But I'm not sure it's something that should be shared with fans. *shrug*

True. However, in this type of medium I could see why Marvel at least would want to have a system in place for branding and fictional universe constructing. If anything the list just shows how the powers at be want those characters to be written as and where they stand among each other. But I'm not sure it's something that should be shared with fans. *shrug*
    It's silly in a real world sort of way, but I think that's just how comic book fans tend to think. And comic book writers for the most part are just comic book fans getting paid to do it. So it's not entirely surprising that some are doing the same sort of ranking in actual books that people on internet boards do all the time (and likely do in their head).

And it's not like any of this stuff is set in stone anyways. The Cho thing with him being advertised as the 6th smartest guy in the world was even explained in the stories as a sort of PR thing... though I think it was said so often, it eventually became a real thing.

Yeah, I can see that kind of thing having a place editorially, for reference to writers. I just think having the characters acknowledge it is silly.

I completely understand why Tony gets hate. He's done some bad things, but going to a world and trying to save lives as Thanos and his crew destroy it. Isn't one. I don't get that. Also didn't read anything about a Thanosbuster armor. Tony went at them with his new armor. Other than that I really enjoyed the issue and can't wait to see the conversation Tony and Steve had that Jessica and Natasha were talking about.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-27-2014 at 03:21 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I completely understand why Tony gets hate. He's done some bad things, but going to a world and trying to save lives as Thanos and his crew destroy it. Isn't one. I don't get that. Also didn't read anything about a Thanosbuster armor. Tony went at them with his new armor. Other than that I really enjoyed the issue and can't wait to see the conversation Tony and Steve had that Jessica and Natasha were talking about.
    Nope, that's not an evil act... unless he lacked a plan for stopping the Incursion once he'd beaten the Cabal and prevented them from destroying the other Earth.

In that case, he was trying to ensure the destruction of two entire universes....

Well, Thanosbuster armor was just an assumption because the design resembled the Hulkbuster armor; and well, if you stop the Cabal without a plan to stop the Incursion, you end up doing a bigger harm than them.

I can respect what Tony did up to a point.

Though if he doesn't have a means of stopping the incursion then really he's just doing more harm than good.

I do find it funny that Stark is getting hate for the same things that got Cap praise. Rogers really is the Teflon-Man.