Page 130 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131 LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 1962

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Honestly, that's up to editors, doesn't matter what either writer wants. If editorial told KT it wasn't continuity, and let's her write belle as not dead, then that's all that matters. (It kinda sounds like bunn had some kind of falling out with marvel and there is messiness ensuing...)
    Definite messiness.

Im really bummed about the state of Deadpool in comics today, i was really looking forward to read Young's take on Wade but it's been a huge dissapointing so far... I'm starting to believe the Deadpool i felt in love with during Joe Kelly's run is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I think the ongoing wrapped up the first arc with the last issue so they might move on to something better?
    I hope i'm wrong but it doesn't look like it's moving to something better.. next issue he's going to weirdworld where he falls into a Time Storm (it'll probably involves some sort of time traveling.. AGAIN!!) and in october we have a Halloween issue where he fights some zombies for like the 23th time.. Seriously, it's like Young ain't even trying.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yeah I saw that. I don't know. I know Gambit fans hang on her every word and want to trust her, and they have the right to, but Bunn is the one writing this title and until he changes tune and says it's not in continuity, last I heard from him, it was. So that's what I believe.
    Well to be fair, Bunn always says his books are in continuity. He still insists Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars is canon and Wade was the first one to wear the Venom symbiote and that's why it was crazy and made Spider-man aggresive.
    I mean, i'm loving assassin and i honestly dont care much for Bella Donna, but the fact that we have Weasel alive with no explanation, Wade has his memory intact and he's doing some Mercenary work to retire scream "not in continuity" to me.

I might actually skip the annual then.
    You should.

Quote Originally Posted by Imago View Post
    I hope i'm wrong but it doesn't look like it's moving to something better.. next issue he's going to weirdworld where he falls into a Time Storm (it'll probably involves some sort of time traveling.. AGAIN!!) and in october we have a Halloween issue where he fights some zombies for like the 23th time.. Seriously, it's like Young ain't even trying.
    I must have missed the preview for the upcoming issue you're talking about. Thank god we have assassin!
    And I'm curious to see if he sticks around in Weapon X or if it's just a one issue appearance...

Quote Originally Posted by Imago View Post
    Im really bummed about the state of Deadpool in comics today, i was really looking forward to read Young's take on Wade but it's been a huge dissapointing so far... I'm starting to believe the Deadpool i felt in love with during Joe Kelly's run is gone.

Well to be fair, Bunn always says his books are in continuity. He still insists Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars is canon and Wade was the first one to wear the Venom symbiote and that's why it was crazy and made Spider-man aggresive.
    I mean, i'm loving assassin and i honestly dont care much for Bella Donna, but the fact that we have Weasel alive with no explanation, Wade has his memory intact and he's doing some Mercenary work to retire scream "not in continuity" to me.

You should.
    I agree. I think it may be time to move on from pulling DP comics and wait for trades. That's honestly what I'm leaning towards after Assassin ends. Wait to see if the run is good, and then pick up a complete collection or ultimate collection. Whatever it ends up being.

The ongoing just feels like complete randomness. The solicitations do not get me excited at all. Especially with the (continued) juvenile write ups.

That's true.. but the way Bunn said it when it was announced seemed different. Like, not a "yeah this matters!" type of thing. The quote was somewhere along the lines of "Could be the last time I'm writing Deadpool, only this time it's in main continuity." I'll see if I can find the post on Twitter. As far as Wade's memory, everything from Duggan's run is what he erased. He remembers Way's run (unfortunately for him) and further back.

I will.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I must have missed the preview for the upcoming issue you're talking about. Thank god we have assassin!
    And I'm curious to see if he sticks around in Weapon X or if it's just a one issue appearance...
    It's not just one issue, because he's in chapter 23 & 24. Along with Monet

They both may be arc-guest stars. Or they could be surprise additions to the team. When WX was doing those slow as crap reveals for members everyone already knew, it may have been a troll, and that's not the final team we'll get.

Domino was ready to leave this chapter, and only stayed when she heard Sabretooth was trying to find an "ex girlfriend." So she may be out, and Deadpool may come in.

Found the Bunn quote:

Not staking my life on it, but DEADPOOL: ASSASSIN may be my last foray into Deadpool territory. If it is, I'm happy with how I'm going out. All the lethality of, say, DEADPOOL KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE, only in the main MU. Whether you love or hate Deadpool, this book's for you!
    https://twitter.com/cullenbunn/statu...419776?lang=en

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

Domino was ready to leave this chapter, and only stayed when she heard Sabretooth was trying to find an "ex girlfriend." So she may be out, and Deadpool may come in.
    They've been throwing the name X Force around in the past few issues and I interpreted that as a hint that Weapon X would turn into a spiritual successor for X Force with Domino and new teammates (including Deadpool?). But you are right about her being about to quit...we'll see what happens. I'm wondering if her intent to quit and then changing her mind was just thrown in there to show how she no longer only cares about money but wants to do stuff that's meaningful? This could shape the future of the book and the missions they go on if this turns into a new X Force with Domino.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

They've been throwing the name X Force around in the past few issues and I interpreted that as a hint that Weapon X would turn into a spiritual successor for X Force with Domino and new teammates (including Deadpool?). But you are right about her being about to quit...we'll see what happens. I'm wondering if her intent to quit and then changing her mind was just thrown in there to show how she no longer only cares about money but wants to do stuff that's meaningful? This could shape the future of the book and the missions they go on if this turns into a new X Force with Domino.
    Not to straw grasp, because covers don't tell everything, and sometimes they lie. Plus I think Kelly said everyone on the Disassembled cover wouldn't be in the book.

BUT Domino's picture is on the cover, and she's the only one of Weapon X who is. So I have been speculating she may leave WX after this arc & move to Uncanny.

But all speculation, since we don't know if Weapon X is ending soon, or if the creative team is just gonna change. Co-writer, Fred Van Lente was very vague in his comment and won't elaborate further. May be a creative team change, with the roster of characters rotating again. Since a cancellation seems weird to keep under wraps. Strain announced via twitter that GenX was ending.

Ryan Reynolds in Instagram new Deadpool 2 promo, You tube video
    Last edited by juan678; 08-21-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Deadpool in November 2018:

BLACK PANTHER VS. DEADPOOL #2 (of 5)
    DANIEL KIBBLESMITH (W) • RICARDO LOPEZ ORTIZ (A)
    Cover by Ryan Benjamin
    Variant Cover by STEVE SKROCE
    DEADPOOL ON THE HUNT!
    Deadpool’s carving a path through the Wakandan wilderness on the hunt for Vibranium! And his missing right arm! The Black Panther proooobably should be watching him. But T’Challa’s mind is distracted with the possibility of a revolutionary new technology. One that could change the world…starting with Wakanda. But there may not be a country to revolutionize if Deadpool goes unchecked. Will the king and the sometimes-hero reach an accord, or is this a fight to the death?
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #41 & #42
    ROBBIE THOMPSON (W) • MATT HORAK (A)
    • Did you read On the Road? Did you watch Tommy Boy? This is like that, but with Spider-Man and Deadpool.
    • They’re discovering America and true friendship! Just in time for the COMIC BOOK EVENT OF THE YEAR ACCORDING TO US!
    32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$3.99 (EACH)

DEADPOOL #6
    SKOTTIE YOUNG (w) • Scott Hepburn (A)
    Cover by NIC KLEIN
    UNCANNY X-MEN VARIANT COVER BY SALVADOR LARROCA
    TEARS OF A CLOWN!
    • The Merc with the Mouth is having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
    • Despite plenty of naturally occurring double entendres, crazy violence and adult situations, Deadpool just cannot get his mojo back.
    • Is Deadpool just having a bad day or is it something…more?
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL VOL. 7: EVENTPOOL TPB
    Written by ROBBIE THOMPSON
    Penciled by SCOTT HEPBURN, FLAVIANO, MATT HORAK & JIM TOWE
    Cover by DAVE JOHNSON
    It’s the Planet of the ’Pools! But what dark technology from the secret recesses of S.H.I.E.L.D. history powers this army of LMD-eadpools? And what does it have to do with Mary and Richard Parker, the Amazing Spider-Parents? Just when you thought you could trust that those two people were without blemish, Deadpool somehow ruins them, too. Plus, to defeat the Faux-pool who took his ability to walk, Old Man Parker will have to make a decision that alters his future — and our present! And meet the Master Matrix: They might be the most powerful android on Earth — but they’re a total amateur at personhood. Who better to teach them how to be a human being than Spider-Man and Deadpool? Master Matrix stars in “My Two Super-Dads” — and this dysfunctional family is heading for the Savage Land! Collecting SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #34-39..
    136 PGS./Rated T+ …$17.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91049-5

X-MEN: GAMBIT — THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 2 TPB
    Written by FABIAN NICIEZA, SCOTT LOBDELL & JOE PRUETT
    Penciled by ANTHONY WILLIAMS, YANICK PAQUETTE, JOE ST. PIERRE, GEORGES JEANTY, TOM DERENICK & MORE
    Cover by GEORGES JEANTY
    ON SALE DECEMBER 2018
    The Cajun rages on! Join Gambit on a time-tossed trip to the 19th century, and discover how the Thieves Guild was shaped by Candra…and Mr. Sinister! Back in the present, Remy needs help — and Rogue flies to his aid! Thanks to Gambit’s evolving powers, he can finally greet her with a kiss — but as his abilities get more unstable, any thoughts of romance will be short-lived. Gambit’s destiny looms as he takes leadership of the Guild — assuming he can survive an Assassination Game against deadly villains like Bullseye, Constrictor, Zaran, Deadpool…and Archangel? And what are X-Cutioner and Ego the Living Planet doing here?! Gambit will finally discover the secret of his mysterious patron, the New Son — but is he hero or villain, and what will Gambit have to sacrifice to triumph? Collecting GAMBIT (1999) #12-25 and ANNUAL 2000.
    408 PGS./Rated T …$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91375-5

SHE-HULK BY CHARLES SOULE: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION TPB
    Written by CHARLES SOULE
    Penciled by JAVIER PULIDO, RON WIMBERLY, JASON MASTERS & LANGDON FOSS
    Cover by KEVIN WADA
    ON SALE DECEMBER 2018
    Writer Charles Soule brings his legal expertise to Jennifer Walters, attorney at law — A.K.A. the sensational She-Hulk! With a solo law practice, a new paralegal who is far more than she seems and a mounting number of personal enemies, Jen might have bitten off more than she can chew! Especially with clients like Kristoff Vernard, son of Doctor Doom — and Captain America himself! Meanwhile, She-Hulk and Hellcat must uncover the deeply buried conspiracy found in the mysterious Blue File! And when someone important to Jen is killed, she won’t let it stand — but who can she trust? Giant-Man lends a big hand — and Jennifer Walters takes on Matt Murdock in the Marvel trial of the century! Plus: Titania! Deadpool! And will She-Hulk’s holiday party spell the end of her practice? Collecting SHE-HULK (2014) #1-12, WOLVERINES #13 and material from GWENPOOL SPECIAL #1.
    312 PGS./Rated T+ …$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91546-9

CAPTAIN MARVEL: CAROL DANVERS — THE MS. MARVEL YEARS VOL. 3 TPB
    Written by BRIAN REED
    Penciled by PAT OLLIFFE, REBEKAH ISAACS, SANA TAKEDA, SERGIO ARINO, PHIL BRIONES, BEN OLIVER, GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI, MARCO SANTUCCI & MORE
    Cover by MIKE DEODATO JR.
    When a mass suicide by a branch of the Church of Hala claims the lives of 20 families, Carol Danvers investigates the tragedy performed in the name of Mar-Vell — putting her directly in the path of his would-be Captain Marvel replacement, Noh-Varr! Speaking of replacements, Norman Osborn’s Dark Reign calls for a new Ms. Marvel: the villainous Moonstone, Karla Sofen! As Karla forcefully takes the mantle, she has to deal with Deadpool — and the New Avengers coming at her full force! But as a War of the Marvels begins, can Carol reclaim her good name…and her life?! Plus, the Storyteller returns! Carol goes on a date with Spider-Man? And a series-ending showdown against one of her oldest and most vicious foes — Mystique! Collecting MS. MARVEL (2006) #35-50, MS. MARVEL SPECIAL: STORYTELLER and SIEGE: SPIDER-MAN.
    448 PGS./Rated T+ …$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91563-6
    Last edited by cc008; 08-21-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Coming soon to UK bookstores...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

. . . But other than Assassin, I won't be reading Deadpool for the first time since I started collecting individual issues.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! It took me a couple weeks to getting around to reading the most recent issue. I just wasn't interested, and I've already forgotten what I've read. Is Young going to plot out strong future story arcs the way that Duggan did, or is he going to make it up as he goes along? Kinda like Daniel Way. Ugh, I know it's still early, but I worry that's the direction it's going to take. Plus, I'm not crazy about the art.

BANNED

Anyone think the person following Deadpool is Nate?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Coming soon to UK bookstores...
    Any info on this? I can't find anything about it other than an Amazon product page with no description. Is it new material or are they reprinting stuff for a UK release?

Quote Originally Posted by shibori78 View Post
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! It took me a couple weeks to getting around to reading the most recent issue. I just wasn't interested, and I've already forgotten what I've read. Is Young going to plot out strong future story arcs the way that Duggan did, or is he going to make it up as he goes along? Kinda like Daniel Way. Ugh, I know it's still early, but I worry that's the direction it's going to take. Plus, I'm not crazy about the art.
    shibori, I'm really glad you and I share the same opinion on this. The way the solicitations sound every month, it seems like just one stand alone installment after another. There's nothing that's stringing anything together, no plotting. And really poor attempts at humor.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Anyone think the person following Deadpool is Nate?
    Is this something from issue 3? I didn't even pick that up