Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131
Results 1,951 to 1,962 of 1962
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Any info on this? I can't find anything about it other than an Amazon product page with no description. Is it new material or are they reprinting stuff for a UK release?
    I was wondering the same. If it's new material following stuff in Duggan's run, sign me up. Otherwise, the only DP I'm gonna see is in Weapon X, and that's only if I get the GO signal that the chapter is safe.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-28-2018 at 05:53 PM.

After watching the Deadpool 2 movie recently, as well as a few Rick and Morty reruns, I found myself thinking about the unique place Deadpool holds in the pantheon of heroes. He's got a lot of quirks, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized something remarkable. As his core, Deadpool is the ultimate nihilistic hero. When you look at what he does and why he does it, he's pretty much a perfect manifestation of what it means to be a hero and a nihilist. He knows nothing he does matters since he's a comic book character. He still does what he does anyways and doesn't give much thought to the long-term consequences because, in the grand scheme of things, there are none for him. The more you think about it, the more it makes sense. I ended up writing an entire article about it on my website, which you can check out here if you want.

I don't expect everyone to agree, but I think it adds some interesting twists to Deadpool's character. And I welcome any discussion on this.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    After watching the Deadpool 2 movie recently, as well as a few Rick and Morty reruns, I found myself thinking about the unique place Deadpool holds in the pantheon of heroes. He's got a lot of quirks, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized something remarkable. As his core, Deadpool is the ultimate nihilistic hero. When you look at what he does and why he does it, he's pretty much a perfect manifestation of what it means to be a hero and a nihilist. He knows nothing he does matters since he's a comic book character. He still does what he does anyways and doesn't give much thought to the long-term consequences because, in the grand scheme of things, there are none for him. The more you think about it, the more it makes sense. I ended up writing an entire article about it on my website, which you can check out here if you want.

I don't expect everyone to agree, but I think it adds some interesting twists to Deadpool's character. And I welcome any discussion on this.
    Very interesting read! I've always seen Deadpool as the 'chaotic neutral' archetype, but the nihilism approach definitely works as well and I think it's a big part of why he is so relevant in 2018. Even though I'm not a huge fan of Deadpool using memes in his comics, reading Deadpool as a nihilistic character gives a new meaning to him using memes because I think there is a strong nihilistic undercurrent to the trend (and it tells a lot about the times we live in). And a big thing you didn't mention - Deadpool can't die and he knows it. I think that has a huge impact on his worldview and his actions. To me things don't matter to Deadpool not so much because he knows he is a comic book character, but because he knows he can't die. And they kind of showed that in the second movie with him trying to die.

The only thing I don't agree with is when you say he is not actually insane. If you're talking about movie Deadpool you're right, but I think the comics have established he is insane to some degree. There have been mentions of how the healing factor is affecting how his brain works, and I think there have been instances where Deadpool actually went crazy (like in Messiah War where he spent decades alone).

MMX 3

Default Spider-Man + Deadpool #43

-The hilarious cover had me retry this series again.
    -Art was only servicable - yet the colors were better than that.
    -Leads delivered some fun bantering.
    -Welcome update appearance for RANSAK (more next ish).
    -Someone online mentioned this might be occuring during the "Legacy Era" so they probably won't mention that currently Ransak's adoptive Eternals are currently presumed dead.
    -Curious intro of the mysterious protectors Jannor and Kolly (more next ish).
    -Loved the 'branding' jokes and old-timer TV referencing.
    -"Deadpool Is." parody page panels to Kirby's homage by King in DC's Miracle Man was funny.
    -But the only compelling reason to go on the next leg of the road trip next issue is learning more about NEGATIVE FORCE and we get to see how much nitpicking the Return of Blastaar deserves.

720353._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I was doing an internet search on Nightcrawler and Deadpool pics and it somehow lead to images of Harley Quinn and Deadpool art which there seems to be a lot of. Some of them romantic. I think Wade would treat her better than the Joker has anyway. Would anyone like to see a company cross-over of the two? Not really romance or anything...Or do you think they're dumb?
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 12-08-2018 at 01:45 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I posted this elsewhere, but I thought it was worth re-posting here:

I'm reading the Joe Kelly Deadpool run for the first time. It honestly feels like a PG-13 Deadpool. It's exactly the humor of the movies but toned down. For the most part, it works and is enjoyable. Honestly, the character hurt the most by the change is Blind Al who is way greater in the movies.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

I'm reading the Joe Kelly Deadpool run for the first time. It honestly feels like a PG-13 Deadpool. It's exactly the humor of the movies but toned down. For the most part, it works and is enjoyable. Honestly, the character hurt the most by the change is Blind Al who is way greater in the movies.
    It's a darker, less humorous run on the character. Wade is much worse to Al in the comics than he is in the movies. Like, really bad. I'm not sure how I would feel about the run if I saw the movies first, but having read the run multiple times over, and recognizing it as the definitive Deadpool run, I prefer it over the films.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

Glad you got to read Joe Kelly's run, it’s Deadpool at his best imo, but i have to say i really dont see many similarities with movie Deadpool. I always thought Joe Kelly found the perfect balance between jokes and seriousness in his original run, yes there were jokes but Deadpool himself never felt "silly". Like cc008 said, he was pretty dark at times.. I don’t see that in the movies

Btw, what's everyone's thoughts on Deadpool current ongoing? Personally, im really dissapointed, I mean Young's Deadpool is fine for me, far from the worse and he seems to be getting better with the jokes, but the book seems to be going absolutely nowhere, we got the first 3 part arc where he was trying to get back on the merc business and after that… nothing. Lots of meaningless stuff with Deadpool going to weirworld, some Halloween story, one issue about Wade feeling down, last issue was a Christmass story where he tried to kill Santa (im not joking); and solicitations from future issues still gives us nothing.. Wade caught in a war betwenn 2 amusement parks, then the next issue is about someone stealing his heart… LITERALLY (again, no joking), and last we have a story about someone stealing his merc jobs before he gets to hem.
    Seriously, what's all this silly stuff? Does Skottie Young has no intention of doing something with the character and this book other than tell some random one-issue stories.
    What baffles me is that other than a few issues it's getting good reviews and last time I check its selling well, is this what people expect from Deadpool these days… sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Imago View Post
    Btw, what's everyone's thoughts on Deadpool current ongoing? Personally, im really dissapointed, I mean Young's Deadpool is fine for me, far from the worse and he seems to be getting better with the jokes, but the book seems to be going absolutely nowhere, we got the first 3 part arc where he was trying to get back on the merc business and after that… nothing. Lots of meaningless stuff with Deadpool going to weirworld, some Halloween story, one issue about Wade feeling down, last issue was a Christmass story where he tried to kill Santa (im not joking); and solicitations from future issues still gives us nothing.. Wade caught in a war betwenn 2 amusement parks, then the next issue is about someone stealing his heart… LITERALLY (again, no joking), and last we have a story about someone stealing his merc jobs before he gets to hem.
    Seriously, what's all this silly stuff? Does Skottie Young has no intention of doing something with the character and this book other than tell some random one-issue stories.
    What baffles me is that other than a few issues it's getting good reviews and last time I check its selling well, is this what people expect from Deadpool these days… sigh
    Dropped it after the 2nd issue. First time since post-Cable&Deadpool that I haven't been reading the Deadpool ongoing. Suffered through Way and learned my lesson. I won't do that again. No heart, no direction. No buy for me.