Page 129 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 1962

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Given the whole Weasel being alive thing, and Wade's situation at the start of the series, is Assassin even in continuity? No need to mourn characters if it doesn't count elsewhere.
    Yeah Bunn mentioned when Assassin was announced that it was set in main continuity.

For anyone interested..

Mr and Mrs X #2 preview ft. Wade Wilson

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...r-and-mrs-x-2/

This Deadpool Assassin mini is really impressive and the last issue was even better than the previous ones. Strong writing, nice art and I love how Deadpool isn't messing around, it's just a shame that this is just a mini and not an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yeah Bunn mentioned when Assassin was announced that it was set in main continuity.
    Hmmm... Kelly Thompson: My understanding is that Deadpool Assassin is “out of continuity”

I'm confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Hmmm... Kelly Thompson: My understanding is that Deadpool Assassin is “out of continuity”

I'm confused.
    Yeah I saw that. I don't know. I know Gambit fans hang on her every word and want to trust her, and they have the right to, but Bunn is the one writing this title and until he changes tune and says it's not in continuity, last I heard from him, it was. So that's what I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    This Deadpool Assassin mini is really impressive and the last issue was even better than the previous ones. Strong writing, nice art and I love how Deadpool isn't messing around, it's just a shame that this is just a mini and not an ongoing.
    Agreed. Its better than the actual ongoing in every way.

Assassin keeps getting better and better. I think the ongoing wrapped up the first arc with the last issue so they might move on to something better?

The Cable/Deadpool annual was fun. It's a really silly time-travel adventure with some very enjoyable moments and it introduced a surprisingly serious theme. But it was definitely geared towards fans of the movie and ignored everything that ever happened between the two characters in previous comics.

Also Deadpool explained how comics work:

dpannual.jpg

I might actually skip the annual then. Good grief.. what is happening to this character?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Same thing that's been happening since Way....writers don't get DP & haven't researched his roots. So they think he's all about comedy & fourth-wall breaking. The movies are not going to help with that, part of the reasons I wasn't crazy about Ryan Reynaldo's interpretation.

Again, Deadpool of the 90's is dead. Duggan was great, but even he did make DP more light-hearted compared to the earlier stuff.

I might actually skip the annual then. Good grief.. what is happening to this character?
    Yes it's definitely movie Deadpool in the annual. I feel like they're doing this because it's what a lot of the younger readers are going to expect when they pick up a Deadpool comic. I'm kind of hoping they'll figure out how to mix the darker classic Deadpool from the comics with what people expect after seeing the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Same thing that's been happening since Way....writers don't get DP & haven't researched his roots. So they think he's all about comedy & fourth-wall breaking. The movies are not going to help with that, part of the reasons I wasn't crazy about Ryan Reynaldo's interpretation.

Again, Deadpool of the 90's is dead. Duggan was great, but even he did make DP more light-hearted compared to the earlier stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Yes it's definitely movie Deadpool in the annual. I feel like they're doing this because it's what a lot of the younger readers are going to expect when they pick up a Deadpool comic. I'm kind of hoping they'll figure out how to mix the darker classic Deadpool from the comics with what people expect after seeing the movies.
    I really hope X-Force (the movie) takes a more serious turn.. but I doubt it will. The action was GREAT in DP2 and I was able to deal with all of the jokes.. but I just prefer Wade to be less jokey and more witty/sarcastic.

I'll continue reading Domino, because it feels like an extension of Gail's Deadpool and Agent X runs. But other than Assassin, I won't be reading Deadpool for the first time since I started collecting individual issues.

Assassin 5 was amazing.

Felt like a conclusion to an Joe Kelly arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post
    Assassin 5 was amazing.

Felt like a conclusion to an Joe Kelly arc.
    Good thing there's an issue #6!!!

Astonishing Member

Yeah I saw that. I don't know. I know Gambit fans hang on her every word and want to trust her, and they have the right to, but Bunn is the one writing this title and until he changes tune and says it's not in continuity, last I heard from him, it was. So that's what I believe.
    Honestly, that's up to editors, doesn't matter what either writer wants. If editorial told KT it wasn't continuity, and let's her write belle as not dead, then that's all that matters. (It kinda sounds like bunn had some kind of falling out with marvel and there is messiness ensuing...)