Page 106 of 131 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1962

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I was wondering if White would be staying on. This makes the future even more foggy and hard to predict. Thanks, Jordan, for all your work on Deadpool.
    Yeah. Really excited what they planned for June.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yeah. Really excited what they planned for June.
    I have a stronger feeling we're going to get Cable & Deadpool by Brisson now edited by the X-office.

Hey everyone!! Duggan started an AMA a few hours ago on reddit and he has temporarily stepped out to do some errands but he said he will come back later tonight to answer more questions.

Here are some Deadpool related answers he has provided so far that I though could spark some discussion:

- Apparently Duggan seriously considered leaving Deadpool after “The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly” arc. He said he was convinced to stay on.

- He was originally resistant to Secret Empire until he realized he could use it to have Deadpool burn everything down. It was a way for Duggan to end everything on his terms without having to watch someone else discard or destroy what he built.

- He re-iterates that Deadpool #300 is the exact ending that he wanted and that it will be both funny & effed up.

- The reason they gave Ellie her specific power was because Duggan and Jordan D. White thought making her a mutant is more dangerous than making her Deadpool’s kid.

- If he was given a chance to write a Deadpool what if? where Deadpool & Typhoid Mary became a legit couple he would give them two kids. A preppy girl on the lacrosse team and a boy who hates guns and both of them would be embarrassed by their parents.

- He states the reasoning behind Ellie’s conception was that Deadpool was someone who could benefit from having a “Stakes Character” to reflect the danger and bear the burden of the stories. He also stated that he is normally against giving characters kids for this purpose.

- The reason Brian Posehn left was because he was too busy with other projects. He was constantly traveling and would have to write the comic late at night.

- If he could incorporate one DC character into the Deadpool cast it would be none other than Slade Wilson.

- His one sentence pitch to describe his entire run on Deadpool: “He got too high and then crashed hard”.

Link is below if you would like to ask him a question.

https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...tly/?limit=500

Some of those are really interesting. I would have never guessed he was going to leave after The Good, the Bad, the Ugly.

I have a stronger feeling we're going to get Cable & Deadpool by Brisson now edited by the X-office.
    God that would be glorious!

Some of those are really interesting. I would have never guessed he was going to leave after The Good, the Bad, the Ugly.
    Yeah, and now knowing how busy Posehn was, I think that it is doubtful that had Duggan left the Marvel Now/All New Marvel Now run would have lasted as long as it did and Ellie & Shiklah would have probably either not been conceived or handled extremely differently from what we ultimately got.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    God that would be glorious!
    With Deodato.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    Yeah, and now knowing how busy Posehn was, I think that it is doubtful that had Duggan left the Marvel Now/All New Marvel Now run would have lasted as long as it did and Ellie & Shiklah would have probably either not been conceived or handled extremely differently from what we ultimately got.
    I had a feeling Posehn left because of his comedy schedule, which was fine. I really don't think anything that happened after issue 23 or 24 of the NOW run would have happened the way it did. I just think that would be a really strange place to leave the book.. and so early too.. only a year and a half in.

With Deodato.

I had a feeling Posehn left because of his comedy schedule, which was fine. I really don't think anything that happened after issue 23 or 24 of the NOW run would have happened the way it did. I just think that would be a really strange place to leave the book.. and so early too.. only a year and a half in.
    I guess he was thinking of going out on a very high note or maybe he just had some moment of self-doubt. Anyways, I'm glad he stayed because he proved he had plenty of good stories left in him and while the good, the bad, & the ugly was already a great story when it came out, reading all the stories that stemmed from it just further highlights it's legacy and why it deserves to be on any top deadpool story list

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    I guess he was thinking of going out on a very high note or maybe he just had some moment of self-doubt. Anyways, I'm glad he stayed because he proved he had plenty of good stories left in him and while the good, the bad, & the ugly was already a great story when it came out, reading all the stories that stemmed from it just further highlights it's legacy and why it deserves to be on any top deadpool story list
    Agreed and I feel the same way. I'm glad he stayed on and didn't bail prematurely. And now he gets to end his run the way he wants. It's a run that'll rank among the best for the character. Kelly, Nicieza, Remender (if you want to count UXF), Duggan.

Agreed and I feel the same way. I'm glad he stayed on and didn't bail prematurely. And now he gets to end his run the way he wants. It's a run that'll rank among the best for the character. Kelly, Nicieza, Remender (if you want to count UXF), Duggan.
    I agree. Those four are the Mt. Rushmore of Deadpool writers so far. Remender gets an * because it was a team book but I can't really choose an alternative that I would put in place of him. Gail Simone, Christopher Priest, Frank Tieri had good runs and Cullen Bunn had some pretty good minis but it just doesn't feel right to me to replace Remender with any one of them.

I would love for Bunn to get the opportunity to write Deadpool's main series one day. The only reason I don't list him there is because everything he's written hasn't really counted towards continuity. That said, he's had more hits than misses in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think that Deadpool has a plan, really. At the end he will kill Stryfe and sacrifise himself. Or smth like this.
    I don't think he does this time, he already turned on Stryfe and didn't work... i think he's over his head now.

I hope not, i like Cable and i enjoyed the hell outta Cable/Deadpool, but i want Deadpool to continue having his own book, he already has a team-up book with spidey. And Cable already threataned to kill Deadpool for good the last time they saw each other (i know that aint gonna happen), and that was before Wade killed Irene.
    Also, the announcement of a Cable & Deadpool book just in time for the release of the movie would make me feel really uncomfortable. We all know how much Marvel like to change characters to make them more similar to the movie version.

I don't think there's much Marvel would be able to change from either Cable or Deadpool to make them more movie-like. Plus, if they were going to do that with Deadpool, it'd have happened already.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

The movie version of Deadpool exists already. It's called Waypool. And Lord I don't want that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    The movie version of Deadpool exists already. It's called Waypool. And Lord I don't want that again.
    What makes me so sad is the majority of non-comic readers believe this to be the only version of Deadpool. One thing the movie version does right... no voice boxes.