Page 116 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1962
    Extraordinary Member

I really liked the puking more than I thought I would. It was so stupid and gross, but it worked for me.

I think the woman Wade saw was more to represent what was good in Wade and that, yes, he was deserving of the love he didn't want to feel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I really liked the puking more than I thought I would. It was so stupid and gross, but it worked for me.

I think the woman Wade saw was more to represent what was good in Wade and that, yes, he was deserving of the love he didn't want to feel.
    The one that sold it for me was when Giant-Man turned up.

For For the mysterious woman, I actually think it was a representation of The One Above All, Mervel's supreme being. There was an issue of the Ultimates where TOAA addresses the reader and says something to the effect of it's only weapon is love. Also, when TOAA appeared in one of Thanos OGNs it alternated looking like a man and a woman similar to what Deadpool saw. TOAA has also consoled Spider-Man taking the guise of a homeless man so TOAA appearing to Deadpool and forgiving him goes with the love, mercy, forgiveness themes going on.

As for the conclusion of Duggan's last issue, per his most recent AMA, I get that he got the ending that he wanted and basically put away all of his toys in his toy chest and I'm glad that he's happy with it, on the other hand it's a shame that if a writer wanted to explore those characters, he/she would have a heck of a time organically tying it all together.

As for the barf scenes, i remember being a little amused at the time I was reading it because I was anticipating that the latter half would be emotional and I basically felt a little empty afterwards. I don't know if it was because of not liking the ending (since I was expecting some more pathos at the end and it didn't deliver for me) or because with the knowledge that it was Duggan's last issue. Oh well, it doesn't change that I'm glad I got to read his run on Deadpool from start to finish.

edit:

I liked the few Deadpool 2099 pages at the very end so it does give hope that Ellie and others can be used in the future, hopefully the would be writer(s) whether Skottie Young or someone after him can execute it well.
    Last edited by pinoypanzer; 05-10-2018 at 01:59 AM. Reason: forgot to mention Deadpool 2099 pages

I liked the 2099 stinger pages too. I kind of took them as a hint that maybe the mind wipe doesn't last forever. Or it does to a point and Wade just can't escape his family and he's reminded of everything that happened somehow.

Extraordinary Member

Poor Giant Man was just in town to enjoy Coney Island

While the barfing was gross, it was effective. It would effect most people and no one likes to barf.

Good point about the woman potentially being TTOA.

This ending wasn't perfect, but I think it was the only way it could have ended short of Wade killing himself. I don't think the mind wipe is forever and I do think that Wade will find his family again. But they all need time to be away from each other.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Given Duggan's 2099 story, we know on his end the mind-wipe isn't permanent.

The 2099 story mentions him falling out with Preston for a time, which we saw in DD. But he was around when Ellie awakened her powers, and he got back together with Shiklah a good few times before their final permanent break-up after having Warda.

When Ellie saves him from Warda's prison, he lists the names of people he thinks sent her for him. The names listed are Rogue, Cable, and Cap. So seems he will eventually remember them, and get his friendships cleaned up with all of them.

I wasn't big on 2099, and tried to pretend it wasn't canon, simply because I didn't want more Deadpool x Shiklah. But I had a headcanon that Duggan's last page seems to confirm.

Wade & Preston decide to put her in Warda's head, so Preston could help her like she did Wade. The last page shows Preston is free again, and Warda is waiting for him with the others, and sharing her dragon with Ellie. So seems Preston did help Warda, she's changed her ways & made peace with her family. Now they're all one big ass-kicking immortal family. I did have that headcanon as a nice way for things to work out.

Fantastic Member

I liked that they acknowledged Morrison in Animal Man. When Gerry appeared, it was the first thing I thought of so it was like Oh hey at least they'll acknowledge the similarity, but then of course they take it in a totally different direction :P

Astonishing Member

I hope this doesn't mean the return of Waypool. I'm also worried about the future of Spider-Man Deadpool

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I hope this doesn't mean the return of Waypool. I'm also worried about the future of Spider-Man Deadpool
    The preview that's out for the new Deadpool #1 is really great. Doesn't sound like Waypool there. As for Spidey/Pool.. as far as I'm concerned it ended with Kelly and McGuinness.

Coming in August:

Edited the OP to include this in "one-shots"

Another "first look" at Deadpool #1 (more pages in the link): https://news.marvel.com/comics/88981...at-deadpool-1/

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Another "first look" at Deadpool #1 (more pages in the link): https://news.marvel.com/comics/88981...at-deadpool-1/

He looks like a Thing here.

BANNED

Nice! But that art, tho. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    He looks like a Thing here.
    It reminds me of how Ed McGuinness draws him

It reminds me of how Ed McGuinness draws him
    More bulky? McGuinness Deadpool is one of my favourite.
    Overall Deadpool has not very good artists. It seems that Marvel thinks that good artists can't do fun comics or that Deadpool don't really need good art to sell.

One last panel it seems that Wade's neck is broken.