Page 11 of 131 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Excerpt from today's A-i-C

Let's talk one more book that came out this week, "Deadpool vs. X-Force" #1. Marvel of course publishes quite a bit of Deadpool material, and this one takes the character back to his early days with a bit of deliberate '90s nostalgia. Why is now the right time for that kind of take on Deadpool?

Alonso: Deadpool is a unique character who's at home against any backdrop and who allows for unique synergy with virtually any other character. No one bats an eye when he teams up with Huck Finn, kills Ahab's Great White Wale, or sits down for tea with Sun Tzu in Peter David and Scott Koblish's upcoming "Deadpool's Art of War." You want to bend, stretch, or rip continuity in half? You want to take those scraps mix in some classic literature or a super-team that actually doesn't even exist yet? Hello, Deadpool.

"Deadpool vs. X-Force" does just that. Basically, Deadpool goes back in time to literally rewrite history -- at least, the parts he slept through in history class -- and the yet-to-be-formed X-Force is dispatched into the time stream to hunt him down before he does too much damage. It's brain-twisting fun tale by Duane Swierczynski and Pepe Larraz.

Sticking with the Deadpool miniseries topic -- you mentioned "Art of War." You had a role in shaping that series, right? In the announcement interview, Peter David credited you in helping bring the concept to fruition.

Alonso: Yeah. I forgot about that until I read the interview. [Laughs] Peter had the beginning of an idea when he dropped by my office one day, and by the time he'd left, we had a series. He and [editor] Jordan D. White worked out the details for a really fun series that features one of my favorite covers of the year.

It's also kind of crazy to think Peter David, who in many ways feels like a natural fit to write Deadpool, really hadn't before this series.

Alonso: It was like when we realized that Mark Waid and Mark Bagley hadn't worked together. "What the -- ?" He hasn't written Deadpool? Now, he has.

Cullen Bunn has written quite a few of these Deadpool miniseries, but he's been off the last couple -- does he have plans for more?

Alonso: Of course. Cullen laid the foundation for the "Deadpool" limited series franchise with "Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe," "Deadpool Kills Deadpool," and "Deadpool Killustrated." And he's nowhere near out of ideas.

So we finally got to see Eleanor. And she looks nothing like Wade.

Yea, she's all Carm haha. I'm glad. The ending of last issue hinted she may be disfigured or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yea, she's all Carm haha. I'm glad. The ending of last issue hinted she may be disfigured or something along those lines.
    Now we just have to wait and see how much of the ol' Deadpool DNA she has. So far she seems into violence.

And just think, Wade and Shiklah Wilson have just become parents. Would that make Eleanor a princess?

Quote Originally Posted by Model 1911A1 Cal .45 View Post
    Now we just have to wait and see how much of the ol' Deadpool DNA she has. So far she seems into violence.

And just think, Wade and Shiklah Wilson have just become parents. Would that make Eleanor a princess?
    Princess of Monster Metro. Not a bad gig.

I wonder who the black voice box was at the end of the issue. Hoping it was the "Zenpool" character in the UXF colors from Wade's mind a few issues back.

I really hate the art in the last two issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Model 1911A1 Cal .45 View Post

She seems pretty tough for a little girl she kicked one of those henchmen in the chest and he said ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofspam1972 View Post
    I really hate the art in the last two issues.
    It's really not my taste either.. but I'm still enjoying the story.

It's really not my taste either.. but I'm still enjoying the story.
    I was ok with the first issue but this one didn't do anything for me storywise.

Preston seems to be acting out of character (unless this is the one with the cornrows which i doubt) she was never ok with ultra-violence before.

I'm not even sure what happened to her head.

If Deadpool is so hung up on finding his daughter why didn't he go with Preston?

She was being extremely violent. Caught me off guard too..

Preston continued the case because it was her SHIELD case.. I don't know if Deadpool thought she would ever find his daughter.

Dracula's Gauntlet #2 Preview: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=22552

Thunderbolts #28 preview: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=22562

Look's like Deadpool's graffiti may come back to haunt him.

She was being extremely violent. Caught me off guard too..

Preston continued the case because it was her SHIELD case.. I don't know if Deadpool thought she would ever find his daughter.

Dracula's Gauntlet #2 Preview: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=22552

Thunderbolts #28 preview: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=22562

Look's like Deadpool's graffiti may come back to haunt him.
    For a second looking at the Thunderbolts preview I was wondering why the Avengers were fighting Deadpool's wife.

Deadpool October releases:

(AXIS #1-3 are releases, Wade is on cover of issue 3, but not sure which ones he will appear in)

DEADPOOL #36
    GERRY DUGGAN & BRIAN POSEHN (W )
    MIKE HAWTHORNE (A)
    Cover by David Nakayama
    DEADPOOL 75TH VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    AXIS tie-in!
    • Oh, man...you know that totally secret thing that’s gonna happen in AXIS?
    • Yeah—that’s totally gonna affect Deadpool!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

DEATH OF WOLVERINE: DEADPOOL & CAPTAIN AMERICA #1
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • SCOTT KOLINS (A)
    Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
    VARIANT cover by DECLAN SHALVEY
    • Did you know Wolverine is dead?
    • I bet some people would love to get their hands on his DNA to clone him...
    • Logan’s old pals Deadpool and Steve Rogers are gonna make sure that doesn’t happen.
    48 PGS./Parental Advisory …$4.99