Page 80 of 131 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1962

Robbie Thompson and Chris Bachalo are officially the new creative team of Spider-Man/Deadpool for Marvel Legacy

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07/...-marvel-legacy

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I am curious how they're gonna make this work. Deadpool is returning to villainy, but he's not going to be allowed to kill Spider-Man or Cable. I hope it doesn't become a Wile_E Coyote deal where he hunts them and gets beaten to a pulp every issue. lol

It looks like the first arc they're on is Spider-Man VS Deadpool.. so who knows if it'll be the ONLY arc they're on lol

Man, I would much prefer a new Cable/Deadpool series by this team. So far I have been utterly unimpresssd by Spider-man/Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It looks like the first arc they're on is Spider-Man VS Deadpool.. so who knows if it'll be the ONLY arc they're on lol
    Possibly. I am still a comic newb, so I don't know all the stories and writers. I hear, from senior fans, that this team is terrific. So that makes me excited to see what they come up with.

I am definitely interested in the interludes with SpideyPool in the old-folks home. Really curious to see what happens there. And unlike Kelly's run, this one may tie closer to the main DP book, of course. So it'll be nice to get the stories proper intertwined. lol I just hope they have a better design for Old-Man Wade that 2099, because that was too ridiculous.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Man, I would much prefer a new Cable/Deadpool series by this team. So far I have been utterly unimpresssd by Spider-man/Deadpool.
    Same. It's been a total letdown aside from when Kelly and McGuinness were actually on it. Then it's been great.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Possibly. I am still a comic newb, so I don't know all the stories and writers. I hear, from senior fans, that this team is terrific. So that makes me excited to see what they come up with.

I am definitely interested in the interludes with SpideyPool in the old-folks home. Really curious to see what happens there. And unlike Kelly's run, this one may tie closer to the main DP book, of course. So it'll be nice to get the stories proper intertwined. lol I just hope they have a better design for Old-Man Wade that 2099, because that was too ridiculous.
    lol
    I've lost a lot of interest with the departure of Kelly and McGuinness.. but perhaps with this team coming on, which I agree is a great team, I'll pick it back up in November. I love the idea of Old Man Wade from the 2099 issues. I'd love to see more of him.

I agree with picking SM/DP up in Nov. I read chapter 19, after Joel and Ed left and wasn't impressed. So I won't be reading until chapter 23 either. And I hated the art-work from this current team, with how weird Deadpool + Spider-Man's eyes look.

Just got done reading the latest chapter.

spoilers:
    Damn, is all that can be said. Wade effectively destroys Preston. I am slowly losing more sympathy for him, and it already wasn't much to lose lol. No wonder nobody is going to forgive him after all this is done. I wouldn't be surprised if Ellie is going to hate him for a while as well. And Preston did mention having other bodies in 2099, so this will be the start of that evidently. Her LMD body is gone. She mentioned having a Snitch body, so we may head to that, before eventually getting the Hologram.

Wade concludes his problem was trying to be good. But no. His problem is that he's impulsive and doesn't think before he does something. This chapter showed what I have said a couple of times. Wade has no concept of foresight, but plenty of afterthought. Things have to blow up in his face before he realizes it's bad. He can't NOT make a bad choice. He has to make it, have it backfire, then try to fix it. Coulson tried to warn him he was wrong, and he didn't listen.

So a very dark & gruesome chapter, with the official ending of Wade and Preston's friendship. And sadly, Ellie has to suffer as well because of his screw-ups. By being kidnapped (basically) from her family.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-26-2017 at 08:41 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I agree with picking SM/DP up in Nov. I read chapter 19, after Joel and Ed left and wasn't impressed. So I won't be reading until chapter 23 either. And I hated the art-work from this current team, with how weird Deadpool + Spider-Man's eyes look.

Just got done reading the latest chapter.

spoilers:
    Damn, is all that can be said. Wade effectively destroys Preston. I am slowly losing more sympathy for him, and it already wasn't much to lose lol. No wonder nobody is going to forgive him after all this is done. I wouldn't be surprised if Ellie is going to hate him for a while as well. And Preston did mention having other bodies in 2099, so this will be the start of that evidently. Her LMD body is gone. She mentioned having a Snitch body, so we may head to that, before eventually getting the Hologram.

Wade concludes his problem was trying to be good. But no. His problem is that he's impulsive and doesn't think before he does something. This chapter showed what I have said a couple of times. Wade has no concept of foresight, but plenty of afterthought. Things have to blow up in his face before he realizes it's bad. He can't NOT make a bad choice. He has to make it, have it backfire, then try to fix it. Coulson tried to warn him he was wrong, and he didn't listen.

So a very dark & gruesome chapter, with the official ending of Wade and Preston's friendship. And sadly, Ellie has to suffer as well because of his screw-ups. By being kidnapped (basically) from her family.
    end of spoilers
    Actually, I have even MORE sympathy for Wade. He tries his best only for his own nature to get the better of him, plus now he's trapped in a bad situation. And considering HOW MANY people Stevil duped on his rise to power it's unfair to single Wade out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Actually, I have even MORE sympathy for Wade. He tries his best only for his own nature to get the better of him, plus now he's trapped in a bad situation. And considering HOW MANY people Stevil duped on his rise to power it's unfair to single Wade out.
    I lose sympathy, because this is the 4th time he's done this.

1. In The Gauntlet, Blade wanted to kill Shiklah, being she's evil, and what Dracula wanted her for. Deadpool decides to protect her and fight Blade. And the Bull, who wanted to destroy the coffin, because it contained evil. Wade fights him too. Again, side with the villain and fight the good guys. Then Shiklah turned out to be horrible, started 2 wars + got many people killed. And who's fault was it that she was free? Not to mention getting back together with her after she started the first war. Now people have Warda to deal with.
    2. Can't forget his partnership with Typhoid Mary. Daredevil tried to warn him about her. He didn't listen, and that ended badly for him as well.
    3. Working for Dracula. Needs no explanation. Never good to work for evil vampires, when you claim you're trying to turn your life around & wanna be a hero.
    4. Now Hydra Cap, and his murder of Coulson.

Like Blade and Daredevil, Coulson repeatedly tried to warn Wade that he was wrong. He told him to wait and that he was on the wrong side. Wade just kept blasting. Phil knew it was something wrong with Cap. And Preston has suspected it as well, given her comment. But instead of Wade talking to them and making sure he's got all the info, he just goes off half-cocked and kills the man, while having all his info wrong.

I think it's perfectly logical for everyone to be done with him after this. Given his bad history and violent nature, he's been given many chances where people take a gamble on him, only for him to screw them over.

He ping-pongs too much. And because of HIS screw-ups, others have to suffer.

spoilers:
    Preston lost her body & one of her closest friends. Ellie lost her uncle-figure, and was basically kidnapped by Wade. Now, she's forced to live somewhere she hates, away from her family, under a government that's against her kind. All because of Wade. I think it'd be unfair if he got off scott-free for this. He's screwed up a lot of things, so I do think it's fair he have to pay for them.

He saved Preston back in volume 3, and tried hard to get her into her LMD body, now he's the very one who destroyed it.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-27-2017 at 06:52 AM.

There's the matter of spoilers:
    where did Deadpool ship those parts? While it's a dark chapter Pool is still working against Hydra in his own way. He's got a plan (no idea what he wants with Blackout), whether it's good or not remains to be seen.
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

The show will be MUCH different in tone from the movies.

http://www.cbr.com/animated-deadpool...R-TW&view=list

Little concerning, considering the movie nailed the tone.

Maybe it'll be darker, with darker humor. I hope that's what they mean.....

Just PLEASE not Waypool. I don't think that's too much to ask. That pool screwed up Deadpool's reputation enough....

Yup completely agree. If they go darker, that's great. If they go Waypool with animated voice boxes popping up on screen, there won't be a show as far as I'm concerned.

I really don't care if that's extreme. Waypool is the worst.

If it's remotely like the comics, but not waypool, I'll be happy.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yup completely agree. If they go darker, that's great. If they go Waypool with animated voice boxes popping up on screen, there won't be a show as far as I'm concerned.

I really don't care if that's extreme. Waypool is the worst.
    Gotta agree. If they can make it funny, but still keep Deadpool a legit character, terrific. If they model him after Waypool, I also won't bother watching. I HATED those damn voice boxes. I love a nice fanfic, but I don't even read them if I see mentions of "White" and "Yellow." lol

The game was bad enough. A series would be terrific with the right Deadpool and good art.