Page 81 of 131 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1962
    Ultimate Member

Anyone read Rocket 4?

Kinda gives a grim future for Wade.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that Preston gave Ellie a safety password? She doesn't seem to trust Wade when he said she had to go underground, and she did say that she had contingency plans for Wade. DP hasn't hit rock bottom until his daughter hates his guts, after all.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Anyone read Rocket 4?

Kinda gives a grim future for Wade.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that Preston gave Ellie a safety password? She doesn't seem to trust Wade when he said she had to go underground, and she did say that she had contingency plans for Wade. DP hasn't hit rock bottom until his daughter hates his guts, after all.
    Well we know he's gonna lose Ellie at the end of Secret Empire. After all, he can't hit rock bottom until he loses everything, which will drive him over the edge. So I assumed Ellie will find out what he did, and once it's all said and done, EVERYBODY will want nothing to do with him. He's gonna have to tip-toe his way back into good graces when Empire and Legacy are done.

We know Wade is going to cry, so losing Ellie or having her curse or disown him when she leaves / get taken may be what's gonna cause the tears. I think Ellie will be the only thing that'll get tears out of him.

I didn't read R4, since there's so much stuff Deadpool is in. So I have just stuck to the main series these days and SM/DP, but I am not reading that until #23.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-10-2017 at 09:09 PM.

Yeah, same here. Can't afford to read EVERYTHING so I stick to the main title and whatever team book he may be in. Guest appearances and mini series got the ax a while ago haha. Still unsure about SpideyPool too.. but we'll see when Thompson and Bachalo jump on.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yeah, same here. Can't afford to read EVERYTHING so I stick to the main title and whatever team book he may be in. Guest appearances and mini series got the ax a while ago haha. Still unsure about SpideyPool too.. but we'll see when Thompson and Bachalo jump on.
    Yep. I haven't read

Deadpool vs. Gambit
    Rocket #4
    Deadpool Kills the MU again

I only skimmed Deadpool vs. The Punisher -wasn't impressed with the little I did read. And I don't plan on reading DP vs. OML.

They all just seem like extra gimmicks. Not really excited by the releases. Though the post about Rocket #4 did make me curious about what was revealed.

Deadpool vs Punisher was actually really good. I picked that up because it's two of my favorite characters. So I'll give that one two thumbs up. Good pacing, characterization, art. But there's a lot out there I haven't read too. Stopped the minis afterrrrr... hmm.. The last one I read was probably Secret Secret Wars. Bought the first issue of Back in Black and then decided against it.

Maybe The Cool Thatguy can fill us in on what happened in Rocket #4?

I asked a pal of mine who keeps up with more comics than I do. From what I hear

The story apparently happens while Wade narrates now and again.

spoilers:
    He mentions needing a vacation someplace where everybody doesn't hate his guts -which wasn't anywhere on Earth. He explains killing some people (hint, not just Coulson) for his good friend Captain America.

Then another scene where he talks to Rocket. In the story he tells Rocket he's helping because he wants money & he's guest-starring. But in the narration by Wade himself, he admits he was helping because he wanted to belong and it lets him pretend he actually had friends again. Later, he says out-loud that he has friends again while working with other space characters. They tell him that they're not really friends. In the narration, Wade admits he knows that but, God please, at least let him pretend.

So we pretty much knew that was coming -given interviews & solicits that nobody was going to be ready to forgive Wade. So yeah, Ellie most likely hates him too, for now.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-10-2017 at 11:01 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I asked a pal of mine who keeps up with more comics than I do. From what I hear

The story apparently happens while Wade narrates now and again.

spoilers:
    He mentions needing a vacation someplace where everybody doesn't hate his guts -which wasn't anywhere on Earth. He explains killing some people (hint, not just Coulson) for his good friend Captain America.

Then another scene where he talks to Rocket. In the story he tells Rocket he's helping because he wants money & he's guest-starring. But in the narration by Wade himself, he admits he was helping because he wanted to belong and it lets him pretend he actually had friends again. Later, he says out-loud that he has friends again while working with other space characters. They tell him that they're not really friends. In the narration, Wade admits he knows that but, God please, at least let him pretend.

So we pretty much knew that was coming -given interviews & solicits that nobody was going to be ready to forgive Wade. So yeah, Ellie most likely hates him too, for now.
    end of spoilers
    But...but...what about Gabby?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Maybe down the road she's the one who possibly "saves" Deadpool from digging further than rock bottom and rebounding.

We don't know if that'll happen.. just a thought.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/08/...adpool-gotg/#1

SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #23 & #24
    ROBBIE THOMPSON (W) • CHRIS BACHALO (A/C)
    SPIDER-MAN VERSUS DEADPOOL Parts 1 & 2

When Spider-Man learns that Deadpool is selling SHIELD tech on the black market it’s the last straw. Bromance? OVER. It’s time to hunt Deadpool! The two biggest characters in comics are facing off and it’s going to take them all over the Marvel Universe, no holds barred. As you can see from this cover, Deadpool’s even willing to use his laser-sharks. And it will all lead to the biggest Spider-Man/Deadpool story of ALL TIME!
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-14-2017 at 05:40 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Both her and Laura would be great help to Wade, assuming the other three people Stryfe wants dead don't include them.

Also we need a Deadpool vs All New Wolverine to decide if wade will complete his corruption of gabby.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    When Spider-Man learns that Deadpool is selling SHIELD tech on the black market it’s the last straw. Bromance? OVER. It’s time to hunt Deadpool! The two biggest characters in comics are facing off and it’s going to take them all over the Marvel Universe, no holds barred. As you can see from this cover, Deadpool’s even willing to use his laser-sharks. And it will all lead to the biggest Spider-Man/Deadpool story of ALL TIME!
    Eh.. I don't know. Maybe I'll pick it up. The biggest SM/DP story ever? Hasn't really been that many lol.

I find Spider-man and Deadpool incredibly boring together. They have nowhere near the chemistry of Cable with Wade. Or even Logan with Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I find Spider-man and Deadpool incredibly boring together. They have nowhere near the chemistry of Cable with Wade. Or even Logan with Peter.
    Agreed. Kelly/McGuinness returning to Deadpool was what really sold this book to me. Now that their story is over, this is just eh to me. Which is saying a lot because I usually buy every Deadpool ongoing in blind faith.

Nothing huge, but another small interview with Jordan D. White & Scott Koblish on The Despicable Deadpool
    https://news.marvel.com/comics/71351...-sights-cable/

Incredible Member

You know I kinda wish Deadpool would date that Lady Mastermind character. I always felt that a book with those two would be comic gold! I get giddy just thinking about the banter!!