Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    if magneto gets in the way then he can suffer the consequence with the rest of them.
    Cyclops doesn't want a fight with magneto he already knows the outcome.

It's ironic that in this issue, Beast says that Scott was right but, at the same time, what Cyclops tells to Matthew, about his position, justify the schism more than anything done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Stussyjones View Post
    magneto has the option to stand down, otherwise he's going to be sorry.

The world will be sorry if Mags and Cyc start a brawl [physical or verbal] right next to the dangerously unstable reality-manipulating mutant.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

I am a Cyclops fan, not an ardent fanatic but I was taken aback by his stance. Then I realised what he has been through since becoming an X-man and it begins to make sense. All the good and bad in his life can be attributed to following the dream of a man who for all intents and purposes at the moment could be considered corrupt. It makes sense with all the goings on and the now betrayal of his surrogate family he would finally snap. This could be a momentary flip or it could lead to him ultimate downfall...interesting. It could be a ruse also to determine how nasty MM is willing to go to determine if they need to put him down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    I am a Cyclops fan, not an ardent fanatic but I was taken aback by his stance. Then I realised what he has been through since becoming an X-man and it begins to make sense. All the good and bad in his life can be attributed to following the dream of a man who for all intents and purposes at the moment could be considered corrupt. It makes sense with all the goings on and the now betrayal of his surrogate family he would finally snap. This could be a momentary flip or it could lead to him ultimate downfall...interesting. It could be a ruse also to determine how nasty MM is willing to go to determine if they need to put him down.
    Yeah, but when your greatest "enemy" says you go too far, then you bound to listen and learn something because even I think Cyclops has gone a bit too far with this.

Especially when you considered Cyclops appearance in New Avengers today as well.

I was kinda confused about magneto there at the end.

Hasn't magneto's goal virtually always been mutant supremacy? Why does he seem mad now that cyclops is embracing a similar philosophy?

The only thing I can think is maybe magneto wants the credit for achieving mutant supremacy and therefore doesn't want scott stealing his thunder.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I'm not sure either. Magneto may have been affected by Xavier's death more then just going bald for him. Funny, thing is, it's before Axis in which magneto and cyclops go inverted. I'm more suprised at magneto then cyclops. He's been going semi dark for awhile. Though this issue he goes xtreme.
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I was kinda confused about magneto there at the end.

Hasn't magneto's goal virtually always been mutant supremacy? Why does he seem mad now that cyclops is embracing a similar philosophy?

The only thing I can think is maybe magneto wants the credit for achieving mutant supremacy and therefore doesn't want scott stealing his thunder.
    Maybe because for all his talk that Magneto wanted Scott to be his better, Xavier's prize student, at least to prove him wrong. Maybe with the status Quo shifted it's hard to see who's good and who's evil here, despite all the grey in the world.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

And let's not forget that Magneto's been softening his stance on humanity a great deal for a while now. He's still no fan of the human race, by and large, and he's still a big believer in doing whatever he has to do to protect mutants from human oppression and exploitation, but he's no longer so much of the mutant supremacist he used to be. His own series depicts him more like a mutant vigilante than a mutant terrorist. As for what's happening in this particular issue, to be honest, a lot of people in Cyclops's shoes would have snapped long ago, said "F*** this s***," and started putting human heads on pikes. Cyclops deserves some credit for fighting against his cynicism for as long as he has, and as for human hatred for mutants being ingrained in them on a cellular level . . . remember Sublime?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Yea this super extremist attitude Scott's got going on in this issue is kinda sad to see, I get why he's slowly going this way, but this feels way too extreme.

Hopefully Magneto can talk some sense into him.This pacing is driving me crazy though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    That's not Bendis's job, that's what editors are for. Please retract your hurtful accusation.
    It's not hurtful it's an accurate remark. He writes knowing what he's doing.

Being this takes place BEFORE axis I wonder where the blame goes this time or rather Scotts out?

Today in Avengers scott mentions having a Phoenix Egg, after this issue I'm beginning to think it was a reference to MM based on his powers not so much on a literal sense of an actual Phoenix.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stussyjones View Post

Yea, magneto kneeling down and stroking his ego.

This is before Axis, right? Cuz Magneto is acting kinda inverted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Yea, magneto kneeling down and stroking his ego.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.