Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The Fall of The Beast has begun!
    I didn't read Legion's Legacy adventures so I don't know but a reality manipulator on the scale of Legion/Scarlet Bitch/Franklin/etc. can pretty much do whatever he wants. Screw you, Causality!
    Reality manipulators may be capable of doing whatever they want... But, not without consequences --

-- Which would also mean that David, despite all his power can't do whatever he wants afterall.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 11-19-2014 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Typo correction(s).

This issue shows that Matthew is nowhere near under control. Cyclops spouting rhetoric at him isn't helping. Mags might be able to help Scott tone it down a bit before Matthew gets overwhelmed even more and turns the western hemisphere into pretty spirals extending into space.
    MM can aprently read minds so being anything other than honest would be a really dumb idea

What did Scott say that was not the unvarnished truth?

The problem was caused in the large part by dishonesty and deceit, more deceit would likely make it worse

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post

Also that cover was very misleading I was expecting Mags earlier than when he appeared, guess I'll have to wait till next issue.
    I sincerely don't grasp how people are still mislead by covers. I mean, a ton of covers for both ANXM and UXM have been either metaphorical in nature, or just a ruse. I have a hard time understanding how anyone feels mislead by covers at this point.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I wasn't a fan of this one.

Cyclops sounded like Magneto and Magneto like Cyclops. Characterization was really off.
    *Nothing happening also didn't help this issue either*
    Agreed, I'm a big fan of both characters and this felt off. I'll withhold judgement until the arc is done though.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Reality manipulators may be capable of doing whatever they want... But, not without consequences --
    -- Which would also mean that David, despite all his power can't do whatever he wants afterall.
    That was just him using time travel and a psychic knife and bad aim. All my info re: Legion's erasure is secondhand. Could someone who read the book fill me in on exactly what he [un]did to himself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    MM can aprently read minds so being anything other than honest would be a really dumb idea
    What did Scott say that was not the unvarnished truth?
    The problem was caused in the large part by dishonesty and deceit, more deceit would likely make it worse
    True but they can bond over many things [as was seen in the beginning with the orphanage scene] without going down the line of effectively putting the weight of the future of mutantkind's survival on Matthew's shoulders when he's barely holding himself and his surroundings together. Scott's primary goal should be to keep Matthew calm, not try to indoctrinate him into The Mutant Revolution. The conversation should be about Matthew, not Scott's issues.

You're my boy, Cyclops, but I don't think this is the right approach.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Can we say now that Bendis is gradually putting Emma into limbo?
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    Can we say now that Bendis is gradually putting Emma into limbo?
    OR he's freeing her up so she'll be in a prime position to be the co-lead in Jeen's 2015 ongoing/maxi-series!
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    However, I did like the character page in Avengers that shows Cyclops as his own faction. No heading, no one else, just Cyclops.
    That was awesome. Someone needs to necro that "shift in focus" thread and complain that the Avengers office is also part of the conspiracy.

Would've been funnier if they'd thrown in Cyclops' two sentinel buddies, though.

For the sake of objectivity, Cyclops is technically doing better than Maria and Rachel. Sure, Magneto might turn this around, but Cyclops still gets silver medal in a worst case scenario.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 11-19-2014 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    For the sake of objectivity, Cyclops is technically doing better than Maria and Rachel. Sure, Magneto might turn this around, but Cyclops still gets silver medal in a worst case scenario.
    Yup. He's kept Matthew from more destruction so far. Better to let the granddaddy of mutant revolution take over for the final round.

I'm pretty sure it isn't either. Looks like Scott is finally starting to lose faith (and might get it back via Magneto. The Irony). I hope he realizes just how good a friend he has in Yana when this is over.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm pretty sure it isn't either. Looks like Scott is finally starting to lose faith (and might get it back via Magneto. The Irony). I hope he realizes just how good a friend he has in Yana when this is over.
    Irony, indeed. If Magneto deals the killing blow to Matthew? More irony.

Illyana really is the breakout character of the book: powerful, funny, opinionated, awesome.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I wasn't a fan of this one.

Cyclops sounded like Magneto and Magneto like Cyclops. Characterization was really off.
    *Nothing happening also didn't help this issue either*
    I wasn't bothered by it. It's more like Magneto wants to stop Cyclops from making the same mistakes he has done in the past.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I dunno. If Erik kills Matthew, Scott will go ballistic and will not want to go out for pancakes anymore. Then he'll get over it in time for AXIS. Then he'll remember about it for the next few Bendis issues. Then he'll forget about it for the Hickman books.

BANNED

She has been the shining spot of this whole series. I really enjoy that he dusted her off and gave her a personality again in his series. Hopefully she remains a main player in the book. I am glad this book is moving now but the judgments on the pace I do find justified.I just wonder if Beast needing to check Rachel and Storm after MM teleport them home foreshadowing for anything. They get shunted somewhere like every other day so concern for this was off to me. Bendis does like to weaken charcaters who are fan OP or written that way. If there is a cast shake-up and either of them end up under his pen I wonder if they will have some power issues? For the record I think Rachel has not been written this way in a long time...if anything other writers have nerfed her to a koosh but Bendis has recognized her might in the past.
    Last edited by Daymare; 11-19-2014 at 09:51 PM.

BANNED

OR he's freeing her up so she'll be in a prime position to be the co-lead in Jeen's 2015 ongoing/maxi-series!
    Emma Frosts is a torrential downpour of acid rain... You see how pathetic and miserable she's made Scott, right? If this "2015 ongoing/maxi-series" bares any truth having Emma "co-lead" in a book staring Teen Jean would only make it nonsensical.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 11-19-2014 at 10:05 PM.