Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Emma's is a torrential downpour of acid rain... If this "2015 ongoing/maxi-series" bares any truth having Emma "co-lead" in a book staring Teen Jean would only make it nonsensical.
    Emma is Jeen's teacher now. If Jeen gets her own series, Emma should be in the book much like Corsair was effectively the co-lead in Tyke's solo book.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The humans (i.e. sapiens) still hated mutants, despite said efforts (anti-mutant strike in front of the Capitol to illustrate). They hated mutants on a cellular level even (second frown-inducing remark from Summers). Why are the Avengers adored for saving the world when the X-Men are loathed for it? Yet, because they were taught to rise above this kind of comportment, the X-Men kept fighting the good fights (as in Magneto wrecking into havoc earlier anti-mutant strike). Fighting other mutants if necessary (illustrated with the Utopia team). At the end of the day though, Cyclops thinks Xavier may have been WRONG.

Really? That might be the lamest attempt to explain/justify the "humans are fine with other supers, but inexplicably hate mutants" contradiction that I've ever heard. Just ridiculous. A much better explanation is that Marvel doesn't do subtly well anymore. Want to do the "oppressed minority" metaphor, well then EVERY human on the planet seemingly has to hate/fear mutants for dumb reasons. Because it's not like there are ever differing opinions of stuff like that, not it has to be universal across the board because that's how things work, ugh.
    I know right ? All the sapiens hate mutants on a cellular level, they just can't help it... Nevermind all the allies (even lovers!) Cyclops and the X-Men has had for years among them.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, you like it or not, it canon and its all we have for an explanation.
    It's canon that Cyclops has a racial theory about sapiens, we have no 616-science to prove it though. Richards could have work on this eventually, but he's busy hating his own son on a cellular level...

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Maybe being around telepaths all his life,(and having sex with several of them), made him immune.
    Nah, it was a mistake from the writer, and the editor decided to let if fly (if he noticed it).
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

I dont care what anyone says, Anka face is good face.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    That was awesome. Someone needs to necro that "shift in focus" thread and complain that the Avengers office is also part of the conspiracy.

Would've been funnier if they'd thrown in Cyclops' two sentinel buddies, though.
    So the X-Nation is just Cyclops and his pet sentinels? Because that would be pretty funny.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    So the X-Nation is just Cyclops and his pet sentinels? Because that would be pretty funny.
    I know, right? Not only that, but it would also provide for a perfect explanation as to why Cyclops would survive the inevitable purge that will lead to the dystopian future from the Uncanny Annual.

The baddies just couldn't believe the guy was for real and never bothered to check if there actually was a crazy dude living in an empty bunker, spending his days standing around in the snow and chatting it up with decommissioned Sentinels.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 11-19-2014 at 11:17 PM.

BANNED

Honestly, writers try to hard to provide an explanation on why humans hate mutants but really it aint that hard. Humans throughout history have had no problem hating each other for a wide variety of reasons and not all those reason are genetic (see numerous religious wars). Stick to they hate mutants because they might be a replacement or at least a challenge to humans being the sole dominant species on the planet.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Decent issue, I hate how Anka always draws little crosses on people's faces when theyre a certain distance away from view.... he keeps doing it and it's like a weird artistic tic and he can't help himself or what? He has to know it looks terrible

Prefer Bacchalo by quite a lot.

In any event, Beast prostrating and humiliating himself before the All-Knowing of Cyclops was fascinating I suppose. "One Down, More To Go" or something like that (in particular, Iceman is still resistant to confessing the superior philosophy of The Cy who Clops).

I was kind of surprised how child-like Malloy still is, and how hard it was for Cyclops to talk any sense into him (beyond the first few pages when he agreed to be teleported away from SHIELD).

Magik again playing up on Cyclops "descent into madness" by point out he uses the term "brother" for a new potential teammate, suggesting they are in a "Brotherhood [of Evil Mutants, presumably]".

Magneto showing up at the very end to be the "Heroic Voice of Reason" was meh to me but we'll find out how that actually goes next issue, could be ok.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    It seems a bit confusing but I suspect that's intentional to keep some things in the bag for next year. From the previous Avengers issue, we know spoilers:
    Cyclops' faction consists of at least him, Beast, and Psylocke since their faces were on screen when Danvers was briefing Rogers about the X-Nation. Their resources and personnel must be far greater than those 3 since Rogers can't afford to spare the resources to take them on and abduct Psylocke. Considering the bleak and totalitarian nature of Rogers' future command of SHIELD, I doubt the former Illuminati member, Beast, could be safe from him without anything less than the full force of X-Men standing in SHIELD's way.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The humans (i.e. sapiens) still hated mutants, despite said efforts (anti-mutant strike in front of the Capitol to illustrate). They hated mutants on a cellular level even (second frown-inducing remark from Summers). Why are the Avengers adored for saving the world when the X-Men are loathed for it? Yet, because they were taught to rise above this kind of comportment, the X-Men kept fighting the good fights (as in Magneto wrecking into havoc earlier anti-mutant strike). Fighting other mutants if necessary (illustrated with the Utopia team). At the end of the day though, Cyclops thinks Xavier may have been WRONG.

Really? That might be the lamest attempt to explain/justify the "humans are fine with other supers, but inexplicably hate mutants" contradiction that I've ever heard. Just ridiculous. A much better explanation is that Marvel doesn't do subtly well anymore. Want to do the "oppressed minority" metaphor, well then EVERY human on the planet seemingly has to hate/fear mutants for dumb reasons. Because it's not like there are ever differing opinions of stuff like that, not it has to be universal across the board because that's how things work, ugh.
    That's not supposed to be an explaination or a justification. That's how Scott is feeling about those things currently. It's a fact that the X-Men fought for human/mutants peacefull cohabitation all their life but aren't nearer of that goal. It's a fact that mutants are, at best, tolerated. It's also a fact that the X-Men were nearly never acknowledged and thanked for all they did. But that the Avengers are acclaimed and are considered heroes by the government and general population. (enough people talk about that on the forums)

So yes, Scott is losing faith and is starting to feel that if, whatever they do, they can't make any progress it's useless to continue that way and that maybe they should try other methods. I am not saying he is right or wrong. Just that it's understandable.

This issue was a disappointment. This whole "Last Will of Charles Xavier" arc is really starting to drag as well. It was supposed to be a tie-in with Original Sin. That event is long since over and we're already onto the next event with AXIS. So this arc is already going too long and on top of that, not much really happened here. It was just Cyclops and Matthew Malloy talking for most of the issue and that's it. And all that talking really didn't accomplish much. No matter what Cyclops told him, Matthew was still all angsty and unstable. I really didn't see much point to this issue beyond letting Cyclops stand on a soap box so to speak.

Now with respect to Cyclops' revolutionary attitudes, I'm not sure what to make of them. It's really not too different than the things he said in the beginning of Uncanny X-men. But now he's talking less about the humans that support his cause and focusing more on mutants. He gives the impression that he's done with humanity even though there have been those who supported him. He even went to a rally with them a few arcs back. I think Magik's point about using words like "brother" were telling. He really is sounding too much like Magneto used to sound. But I don't see this as something that's permanent. I see this as a reflection of his current situation. A few issues ago, he found out some uncomfortable revelations about Charles Xavier. He even called him a hypocrite. I think some of that anger has found its way into his words. I also think this is completely intentional because it's continued a trend that began way back during Fear Itself. I still remember that teaser with Cyclops dressed as Magneto. I think he's been on this road for a while now and he's finally getting to a point where he's fallen too far. I think Marvel's plan is break him down and build him back up again. They want a big redemption story with him and I think that's either going to play out in Secret Wars or some other major X-men event after that. It still doesn't make his rhetoric any more valid. But I can see where some of it is coming from.

I'm ready for this arc to be over. I'm ready to see the after-effects of an event like AXIS. This story has had its moments, but it's just dragging too much right now. It's not bad, but it's not very good either. I did a full review on my blog. If anyone is interested, here's a link:

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Now with respect to Cyclops' revolutionary attitudes, I'm not sure what to make of them. It's really not too different than the things he said in the beginning of Uncanny X-men.
    Planning to scare government into giving mutants their place in the world by threatening them with god-like power is no different ?

Cyclops is written a bit off I n this issue

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Emma is Jeen's teacher now.
    Sure 'yer riiiigght! Emma was quite the mentor during "The Trial of Jean Grey" (the sequel)... Oh, wait that was the Shi'ar, Oracle.

If Jeen gets her own series, Emma should be in the book much like Corsair was effectively the co-lead in Tyke's solo book.
    "Should" doesn't necessary equate to "would"... Has the Emma Frost fan base become so disenfranchised by her direction (broken powers and all) that they are eager to watch her live vicariously through a younger Jean Grey?

More like they want to see her.....used in some fashion at all.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Has the Emma Frost fan base become so disenfranchised by her direction (broken powers and all) that they are eager to watch her live vicariously through a younger Jean Grey?
    If so then they aren't the only fans completely tired of this broken powers bit. I'm so over it. I wish they'd either do something with it or let them heal because it's a pointless complication.