Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LittlePriest View Post
    If so then they aren't the only fans completely tired of this broken powers bit. I'm so over it. I wish they'd either do something with it or let them heal because it's a pointless complication.
    And exactly how is it affecting anyone in the comics ? The worse effects we saw are for Magneto who is a lot weaker. That still doesn't prevent him to do what he want to do. (and use mutant growth hormone when he need his former power level)

You are sick of a non-existant issue that only make things a little bit more complicated for the characters every so often ?

Fantastic Member

The cellular level thing was an obvious figure of speech. It means most humans are predisposed to hating mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Quillero View Post
    The cellular level thing was an obvious figure of speech. It means most humans are predisposed to hating mutants.
    Yes, something like humans have a "visceral fear of mutants" (ie a visceral fear of change)

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    And exactly how is it affecting anyone in the comics ? The worse effects we saw are for Magneto who is a lot weaker. That still doesn't prevent him to do what he want to do. (and use mutant growth hormone when he need his former power level)

You are sick of a non-existant issue that only make things a little bit more complicated for the characters every so often ?
    Emma Frost got affected the most and as a result she has no role at the school.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post

she has a role, support scott by standing by his side and give witless banter to those who oppose him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    she has a role, support scott by standing by his side and give witless banter to those who oppose him.
    She doesn't even have banter. At this stage I'll take a line of dialogue an issue at the very least.

I'd totally be down to see a done-in-one issue revolving around a day in the (current) life of Emma.

Wake up.
    Don her impossibly clingy uniform.
    Round up the students and teach, teach, teach.
    Internal monologue about her fellow X-Men -- Scott, Illyana, Dazzler, Magneto, etc.
    Question her purpose, the revolution and whether she should stay.
    Have a breakthrough with one of the students in the use of their powers.
    Realize its all worth it.

Or something.

How so ? She broadcasted her thought for about 2 issues. She is still a telepath but need the Cuckoos around to be as powerful. Didn't had any real effect in the story. Not that we had much opportunities to witness her use her powers. But that's another problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'd totally be down to see a done-in-one issue revolving around a day in the (current) life of Emma.

Wake up.
    Don her impossibly clingy uniform.
    Round up the students and teach, teach, teach.
    Internal monologue about her fellow X-Men -- Scott, Illyana, Dazzler, Magneto, etc.
    Question her purpose, the revolution and whether she should stay.
    Have a breakthrough with one of the students in the use of their powers.
    Realize its all worth it.

Or something.
    I'd rather her actually do something worthwhile then be an invisible conduit to show that the students are improving in the use of their powers. Even teaching doesn't serve as character development, Bendis has yet to address even a sliver of what happened to Emma in AvX. He's done Magneto, Cyclops and Magik.

How so ? She broadcasted her thought for about 2 issues. She is still a telepath but need the Cuckoos around to be as powerful. Didn't had any real effect in the story. Not that we had much opportunities to witness her use her powers. But that's another problem.
    And he dropped it straight after. In the issue where Kitty arrived she said she doesn't have any telepathy. It has an effect on her story because she plays no role whatsoever. Not in any of the stories Bendis has told. Even in the fight scenes she can't do anything. It would be more understandable if she fell back on her intelligence like when she was at the hellfire club and built machines but Bendis hasn't even done that much. The Cuckoos are used as the telepathic hotline.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 11-20-2014 at 07:50 AM.

And he dropped it straight after. In the issue where Kitty arrived she said she doesn't have any telepathy. It has an effect on her story because she plays no role whatsoever. Not in any of the stories Bendis has told. Even in the fight scenes she can't do anything. It would be more understandable if she fell back on her intelligence like when she was at the hellfire club and built machines but Bendis hasn't even done that much. The Cuckoos are used as the telepathic hotline.
    She fought against Xorna, with the Cuckoos and Jeen, during BotA.

Bendis never said they lost their powers. He said that their powers were changed and that they needed to retrain to use them effectively. Emma has nothing to do but train so it shouldn't be a problem

Do you really believe that Bendis is not using Emma (currently) because her power is "broken" ? What I am saying is that if you didn't know that their power are broken, you wouldn't really realize it by reading the books. Except for Magneto because he frequently mentions it in his book.

Two thoughts:

1- I originally thought that when Beast mentioned the Avengers all being off-planet, that he was tying this series to Infinity (that maybe this book took place while the Avengers were all away fighting the Builders). This would jave also maybe explained why Mags still had his white costume (because it took place before Magneto 1). But sadly that doesn't make sense when comparing it to Trial of Jean Grey (which was after Infinity, and I'm reasonably confident was before this).

2- Quick question for people who have been X-fans longer than I have: in the montage of really powerful X-villains, I recognized 6/7. In the top half, there's Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix, and Madelyne Pryor, but who is the fourth?

She fought against Xorna, with the Cuckoos and Jeen, during BotA.

Bendis never said they lost their powers. He said that their powers were changed and that they needed to retrain to use them effectively. Emma has nothing to do but train so it shouldn't be a problem

Do you really believe that Bendis is not using Emma (currently) because her power is "broken" ? What I am saying is that if you didn't know that their power are broken, you wouldn't really realize it by reading the books. Except for Magneto because he frequently mentions it in his book.
    Oh right I know what you mean now.

That was Aaron who wrote that. And in the issue where Kitty ends up at the NXS he said she doesn't have her telepathy.

I definitely believe Emma is not being used by Bendis because she's broken. At the moment she serves no purpose as her telepathy is covered by the Stepford Cuckoos. They don't even require guidance. In terms of teaching, well so far we've actually seen Cyclops teach more then Emma, that role is also filled. And the last thing is in a fight her diamond form is more protective then offensive so it's kind of useless. I definitely think the fact that she's wallpaper is for two reasons. The first is Bendis doesn't know what to do with her and the second is Bendis can't even use her indirectly in his Cyclops plots because she doesn't have her powers, he just has the Cuckoos fill in.

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    Two thoughts:

1- I originally thought that when Beast mentioned the Avengers all being off-planet, that he was tying this series to Infinity (that maybe this book took place while the Avengers were all away fighting the Builders). This would jave also maybe explained why Mags still had his white costume (because it took place before Magneto 1). But sadly that doesn't make sense when comparing it to Trial of Jean Grey (which was after Infinity, and I'm reasonably confident was before this).

2- Quick question for people who have been X-fans longer than I have: in the montage of really powerful X-villains, I recognized 6/7. In the top half, there's Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix, and Madelyne Pryor, but who is the fourth?
    Legion, Wanda, Dark Cyclops.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 11-20-2014 at 08:18 AM.

Fantastic Member

Oh right I know what you mean now.

That was Aaron who wrote that. And in the issue where Kitty ends up at the NXS he said she doesn't have her telepathy.

I definitely believe Emma is not being used by Bendis because she's broken. At the moment she serves no purpose as her telepathy is covered by the Stepford Cuckoos. They don't even require guidance. In terms of teaching, well so far we've actually seen Cyclops teach more then Emma, that role is also filled. And the last thing is in a fight her diamond form is more protective then offensive so it's kind of useless. I definitely think the fact that she's wallpaper is for two reasons. The first is Bendis doesn't know what to do with her and the second is Bendis can't even use her indirectly in his Cyclops plots because she doesn't have her powers, he just has the Cuckoos fill in.

Legion, Wanda, Dark Cyclops.
    She did plentu of teaching during the Ben issue

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Much better than being randomly inverted, I say.

Poor Storm's character was assassinated before the Inversion and Rachel's character has been digressed a great deal due to random Inversion.

I shudder to think that RR or the Deadpool writer would do to Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Quillero View Post
    She did plentu of teaching during the Ben issue
    Cyclops has been showing training the new students more times though even though her "role" is meant to be teaching.

Even that whole thing with Cyclops having a devil and angel (Magneto and Emma) on his shoulder has been dropped.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...eries/1912997/

While there's no right or wrong answer for Cyclops in terms of being the leader of a race of people, there are people with different points of view on the situation like Magneto and Emma. "He's got a little angel and a little devil expressing ideas," Bendis says, "but at the end of the day it's going to be up to him to decide how he goes about it."
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 11-20-2014 at 08:27 AM.