Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    I think you want a waif for Jessica Jones she'd make Luke Cage look bigger. It's what they used to do with Buffy.

If you have a girl that looks like a superhero it becomes harder and harder to buy them as a broken person...for example

The other three could end up as female Cavill's, we don't want a Jewel TV series we want an Alias TV series.
    It's not about her looking like a super-hero it's about her looking like she has spent years drinking too much and has the body weight to show it. I don't want her to be fit I want her to be pudgy.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorDoom View Post
    Why is Luke Cage appearing here first? It should be the other way around.
    Because jessica jones is coming first and since she is romanticly linked with cage he has to appear in her series.

Quote Originally Posted by marcotheblerd View Post
    Henry Simmons should have been cast as Luke Cage, but he is getting wasted in his role as Mack on Agents of SHIELD as the team's mechanic. I ido like Lance Gross, for he was one of my picks to be Black Panther. Also Mike Colter looks the part. I havent watched him on that new Halo series, but he could definitely pull this part off.
    He would've been my pick for Panther also. I think he'd make a better Panther than Cage but what can ya do.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    Oh god please do not cast Arrow Huntress as Jessica Jones.

Out of those listed, I'm pulling for Ritter.
    This. Though I liked the Huntress storyline, De Gouw struck me as a weak actress.

landothedead

Does anyone remember Isiah Mustafa's bid for the part of Luke Cage?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQd2dWui2vw

Tell me that wouldn't be awesome

Not De Gouw, she was horrible as the Huntress.

Don't know either of the Cage guys but I'm glad it's not Terry Crews.

My vote is for Daddario.

Quote Originally Posted by landothedead View Post
    Does anyone remember Isiah Mustafa's bid for the part of Luke Cage?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQd2dWui2vw

Tell me that wouldn't be awesome
    It wouldn't be awsome. Sorry the "actor" is a cocktail party joke and in no way qualified to lead a series.

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Daddario is fine as well, really all good choices imo.

I wasn't excited for this series but after seeing the ideas for their casting, now i am.
    Don't get hopes too high. This is still being run by a Twilight screenwriter. Good cast doesn't mean crap with a bad script.

I'm not cool with Krysten Ritter for Jones, seems too skinny. Alexandra Daddario would be pretty cool. I liked Palmer enough in Warm Bodies but I don't want Huntress as Jones either.

Not that familiar with either actor for Cage. I sort of like the idea of both of their series featuring both of them, that would be cool. I rather, if Cage is going to have a co-star, it be Iron Fist. Iron Fist and Cage should be in each other's shows too!
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    I'm not cool with Krysten Ritter for Jones, seems too skinny. Alexandra Daddario would be pretty cool. I liked Palmer enough in Warm Bodies but I don't want Huntress as Jones either.

Not that familiar with either actor for Cage. I sort of like the idea of both of their series featuring both of them, that would be cool. I rather, if Cage is going to have a co-star, it be Iron Fist. Iron Fist and Cage should be in each other's shows too!
    If everyone's already in each other's shows than Defenders probably won't have as much impact.

Don't get hopes too high. This is still being run by a Twilight screenwriter. Good cast doesn't mean crap with a bad script.
    Depends.

For me, the actors are the most important variable of the movie/series and so if that part is locked up the rest can be tolerable enough for me to at least stick with the series. I've stayed with numerous series or movies that i didn't care much for overall because of the actors involved. Also, the opposite can hold true in my experience to where it could be an amazing movie or series but if i don't have a connection to any of the actors it's kind of lost for me [Life of Pi for example]. It's not always definite that this will be true but more times than not it is.
    Last edited by SXVA; 11-19-2014 at 03:32 PM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

I'm expecting Iron Fist to be based of of Fraction's run with no other characters from the other series in it. I dunno what they will do with luke cage.

Which Twilight? They got prgressively better.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Like the idea of Luke Cage appearing in Jessica Jones in advance (though seven episodes of thirteen, wow). Also like the suggestion that Iron Fist could do the same in the Luke Cage show.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Which Twilight? They got prgressively better.
    All of them.