0 0%
  • THIEF OF THIEVES #25

1 3.23%
  • WITCHBLADE #179

0 0%
  • ZERO #12

7 22.58%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Image Comic of the Week Nov 19/14 - Intersect #1, Deadly Class #9, Zero #12, Invincible #115

Last Week's Winner

The Fade Out continues to remain strong picking 10 votes as our top title for 3 straight months. Other titles with strong showings were Wytches picking up 8 votes and Death Vigil with 7. Ray Fawkes fully painted debut issue of Intersect is out this week as well Sinergy #1 from the creators of Powers, Michael Avon Oeming and Taki Soma. Also big day for waiters of collected editions. Deluxe editions of two of Image's best titles are out, Saga and Lazarus. I'm grabbing mine to see what the commotion is all about with Lazarus. Should be good, hehe.

Deluxe Editions This Week

Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    I'm grabbing mine to see what the commotion is all about with Lazarus. Should be good, hehe.
    Prepare to crap your pants in joy then because Lazarus is one of Image's best series. Enjoy!
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Prepare to crap your pants in joy then because Lazarus is one of Image's best series. Enjoy!
    Yep should be good, can't wait.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

It's new Invincible week which means it is the best comic of the week.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Only Deadly Class for me this week, so that gets my vote. The build up to the showdown between Marcus and Chester is certainly getting the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Only Deadly Class for me this week, so that gets my vote. The build up to the showdown between Marcus and Chester is certainly getting the job done.
    Same here, and yes, yes it is.

Has anyone had a chance to check out Intersect? I'd love to hear thoughts on it.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Incredible Member

Only Invincible and Zero for me this week...I went Invincible

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Has anyone had a chance to check out Intersect? I'd love to hear thoughts on it.
    Read a bit of it but didn't review. It's ah... it's.... it's something. That much I say certainly say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Read a bit of it but didn't review. It's ah... it's.... it's something. That much I say certainly say about it.
    What's that even suppose to mean? Lol. At least let us know if we should pick it up or not.

Only getting Revival #25, so kind of a de facto vote. But Revival's been rock-solid for over 2 years now, recently did some unexpectedly funny stuff with the Jesus issue and the Chew cross-over... Of course it all ended terribly, because this is Revival and nothing can ever go right, but still. Last issue the snow started disappearing which should be interesting, if only to see the landscape in a whole new light. Also I imagine Mike Norton is sick to (living) death of drawing snow everywhere haha. Curious to see where we meander off to this time! (Just checked some future solicits, and one of them says "But can she trust a guy who she once ran into an eighteen-wheeler?" -- that's it. That's the series in one sentence right there.)

Yes curious to hear about this too! Artwork looks incredible, can the story back it up? I didn't go for this since I've never read anything by Fawkes. One Soul and the other OGN look good, he's also done some stuff at DC but just never really read anything he did yet.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    What's that even suppose to mean? Lol. At least let us know if we should pick it up or not.
    The artwork is interesting... but the story and narrative are severely lacking. Not as bad as Drumhellar, but still not worth your time at this point I would say.

The reviews on this book from other places seem very split, though they seem to say the same thing about the narrative and art.

Spectacular Member

I read Intersect. I have no idea what the fuck was going on. At all. It was pretty to look at, but super incoherent. I mainly picked it up for the Lemire variant, and I'll probably get the next issue for the Kindt one, but I won't continue after that until I know what is actually going on.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post
    I read Intersect. I have no idea what the fuck was going on. At all. It was pretty to look at, but super incoherent.
    Looks like my kind of book then, I'll have to search it out!
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

I voted Deadly Class and it was not close. This was one of the most bizarre weeks of comics I've ever had. Pax Americana was a once-in-a-decade achievement and Deadly Class and Loki were solid, while Sinergy was pretty bad and Intersect and Wonder Woman were completely terrible. I read the latter three first (I typically save the best for last) and it was on track to be the worst comics week ever for me until things were mostly redeemed. With that said, I would go:

Deadly Class - 4/5. Good but not as strong as the series' last few issues.
    Sinergy - 2/5. Sort of enjoyable in a so-bad-it's-good way, but not worth returning to.
    Intersect - 0.5/5. Incomprehensible. I want a refund.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman