Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default CASTING CALL: Villainous Possibilities for Daniel Bruhl in "Captain America: Civil War"

Daniel Bruhl has been cast a mystery villain in 2016's "Captain America: Civil War," but which Marvel antagonist will the accomplished actor portray?

Full article here.

I really hope no one comes with the stupid idea of killing Frank's family during the civil war event.

I would love for Zemo to be brought to life on the big screen. He was the one that I wanted pulling the strings on Bucky when it was first announced that Cap 2 would be the Winter Soldier. An on screen fight between Cap and Zemo would be great. Love the sword vs shield dynamic of a potential fight. Zemo is also a great mastermind. It does suck that he doesn't have the history in the MCU like he does in comics by being the son of the Zemo that 'killed' Bucky and froze Steve.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

BANNED

I can see a few of these being possibilities -- Zemo is still the one I'm hoping for most. He's a great character and Bruhl is the perfect actor to play him -- but I wouldn't look to Agents Of SHIELD for references. I haven't seen any evidence that it has any bearing on the MCU.

Amazing Member

A resurrected Red Skull makes the most sense to me, since Frank Grillo is supposed to be back as Brock Rumlow and he's supposed to be assuming the "Crossbones" identity. The code name doesn't make that much sense unless it's attached to "Skull".

Bringing in the Red Skull as the big bad again would make Cap's rouges gallery feel small. Save him for Cap 4 or 5. Bring on Zemo! Faustus! John Walker! And bring back Crossbones and Batroc the Leaper!

Show that Cap has a wonderful, diverse rogues gallery and that the MCU can do great villains!

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Cap10nate View Post
    I would love for Zemo to be brought to life on the big screen. He was the one that I wanted pulling the strings on Bucky when it was first announced that Cap 2 would be the Winter Soldier. An on screen fight between Cap and Zemo would be great. Love the sword vs shield dynamic of a potential fight. Zemo is also a great mastermind. It does suck that he doesn't have the history in the MCU like he does in comics by being the son of the Zemo that 'killed' Bucky and froze Steve.
    Well, they could introduce the elder Zemo in the Agent Carter show and bring in his descendant for the movie. The show and movies both have the same writers after all.

Just a thought.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Zemo or Faustus from that list.

Faustus with his mind-control and such might be an interesting mid-level villain for Doctor Strange, but the main big bad, no.

I will say, I do like the idea of The Punisher's birth as a result of Civil War. Cannot see Bruhl playing him though.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

I'm really hoping for Zemo. It could be a good way to eventually build up to a Thunderbolts movie down the line or even just the Masters of Evil in a future Avengers sequel.

Incredible Member

Helmut Zemo/Baron Zemo II would be on the top of my wish list. Although according to Marvel's Kevin Feige, the Punisher had a hidden cameo in THE WINTER SOLDIER. So he might be in line to pop up in CIVIL WAR. Showing up to pull Cap's fat from the fire at the climax of the flick. Although after Dirty Laundry with Tom Jane reprising the roll of Frank Castle in the short. Many a fan would love to see him show up again as the Punisher on the big screen.

Fictional Computer Hacker August_Gorman's Avatar

If Franks family dies during the Civil War, it'll change his motivation. His beef will be with Superheroes, not criminals.
    ____

Currently Reading: The Amazing Spider-Man, Attack On Titan, Fight Club 2, On Guard We Stand, Ultimate End
    ____

Gus Gorman: "Hey, man!"
    Lorelei Ambrosia: "That's his last name. He likes to be called Superman."

macguffinstv

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    I can see a few of these being possibilities -- Zemo is still the one I'm hoping for most. He's a great character and Bruhl is the perfect actor to play him -- but I wouldn't look to Agents Of SHIELD for references. I haven't seen any evidence that it has any bearing on the MCU.
    The main reason for this is because Agents of SHIELD is introducing The Inhumans, which has no real place in the MCU yet. It will, because of AoS. They have already confirmed they share universes, as well as Sam Jackson's Nick Fury showing up, so both the show and the movies will interact with each other. I am sure there will be mention of Coulson being the new Director in Avengers and whatnot.

If I had to put money on this, I would go with Baron Zemo. I think he would make a great villain on the big screen. I would also like to see the Red Skull return, but only if Hugo Weaving plays him. He really stole the show in the first movie. He captured the charisma beautifully and I can't imagine anyone else matching it. Besides, it's not like there was a dead body to confirm he's dead. Like the article said, the Red Skull is really good at cheating death.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Helmut Zemo/Baron Zemo II would be on the top of my wish list. Although according to Marvel's Kevin Feige, the Punisher had a hidden cameo in THE WINTER SOLDIER. So he might be in line to pop up in CIVIL WAR. Showing up to pull Cap's fat from the fire at the climax of the flick. Although after Dirty Laundry with Tom Jane reprising the roll of Frank Castle in the short. Many a fan would love to see him show up again as the Punisher on the big screen.
    That wasn't Fiege that was the directors Joe and Anthony Russo and they weren't serious, they were joking. The interviewer asked about the appearance of a yellow pensive in two scenes and they joked about it's importance. In reality it was just a random truck that crashed into those two Hydra vehicles and later killed Sitwell.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    If I had to put money on this, I would go with Baron Zemo. I think he would make a great villain on the big screen. I would also like to see the Red Skull return, but only if Hugo Weaving plays him. He really stole the show in the first movie. He captured the charisma beautifully and I can't imagine anyone else matching it. Besides, it's not like there was a dead body to confirm he's dead. Like the article said, the Red Skull is really good at cheating death.
    I concur, I feel there isn't much point to bringing back Red Skull if Weaving doesn't return, you might as well wait until you recast Steve Rogers to recast him too when reestablishing both characters.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That wasn't Fiege that was the directors Joe and Anthony Russo and they weren't serious, they were joking. The interviewer asked about the appearance of a yellow pensive in two scenes and they joked about it's importance. In reality it was just a random truck that crashed into those two Hydra vehicles and later killed Sitwell.
    You never know, the Russos may well have written in Frank Castle. His conflict with Steve was one of the most memorable parts of the Civil War comic. If you'd told me earlier this year Tony Stark and T'Challa were in TWS's follow-up I'd have rolled my eyes at an apparent fanboy fantasy. But the Russos are fanboys!