Default Lethal Magnetic Attraction (Storm Week)

I've posted this in the CV forums and decided to bring it here in wake of Storm week.
    2789433-untitled.jpg
    Funny words coming from someone who embodies Xavier dream of coexistence. Just like the weather she commands, Ororo has gone through many transitions in her years as an X-man. We've seen her go from a gentle motherly figure to the edgy fierce woman who wasn't afraid to defy even Xavier himself. But what if her life had a different direction? Magneto has shown much interest in Ororo and her power. He even admitted to her being a major threat to him as villain. Her only weakness being her morality. In her early days in Africa, Storm has been a victim of unintentional homicide and has vowed since then to never take another human life. But being a part of the X-men can make one question their morality and stance in the fight of good and evil.

Perfect Storm
    We got a glimpse of what Ororo is capable of as a villain in Claremon'ts X-men Forever arc. She killed Wolverine, blinded Sabertooth and battled the X-men in a bedlam. She even later went on to murder Black Panther and expropriate her position as Queen of Wakanda. This arc has a much more ruthless Storm willing to do anything and kill anyone to get to her paramount.(All while sporting a beastly scar) Claremont did a wonderful job making Storm a predominate villain in this arc. It showed that she has more than enough power and intellect to be considered a team buster.Something Magneto definietly needed in his Brotherhood. He would have definitely embraced this Ororo is his plan for world domination.

Things would have definitely diverted in the opposite direction. Mystique would not have been in the position she was accustomed. The Brotherhood might have been much closer due to Storm's motherly nature and most of Magneto's plans would have become fruition. The X-men would have a lot of trouble on their hands considering the fact that Magneto and Storm's powers complement each other so well. Having these two on the same team brings much potential, both great and terrible. But the most considerable thing is the dialogue between these two. Storm and Erik has had some of the best dialogue between a hero and villain mainly due to their opposing nature. Imagine what But as a team it would be interesting to see them work against our favorite heroes. This dawns the question, What if Storm had joined Magneto's Brotherhood of Mutants?

I feel as though Storm would be the member to keep Mags in check (much like her role in the extinction team). She would be the only one to challenge him verbally and physically with their powers. Knowing Storm should probably would eventually have her own fixation on how things are done.and should be handled. She's definitely give the X-men hell as well as anyone else who opposes her.
    I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.

So no one has an opinion on this?
    I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.

BANNED

If Storm would have accepted the path of mutant superiority she would have obliterated Magneto and taken his place. There is, however, a Storm that was part of Magneto's brotherhood in the limited series FF: Big Town. I'll get scans later after work

Quote Originally Posted by Valeficent View Post
    If Storm would have accepted the path of mutant superiority she would have obliterated Magneto and taken his place. There is, however, a Storm that was part of Magneto's brotherhood in the limited series FF: Big Town. I'll get scans later after work
    Lol looking forward to them. I loved Claremonts portrayal with Perfect Storm and found it interesting how quickly she came into power after leaving the X-men (taking a few lives with her). Magneto would have definitely had his hands full with her. She would be killing members left and right lol. But do you think Magneto would have succeeded with his plans faster with Storm on his side? Or would the X-men have found a way to take her out?

Such a great scene from X-Men Unlimited (they need to bring this book back). I think this would have been an EPIC team up if she had joined the Brotherhood instead of the X-Men. With all of their power, especially since they do compliment each other in quite a few ways, and strong personalities, I think they would be a very devastating force for pushing the pro-mutant agenda forward. Considering Storm's experience with being worshipped as a goddess and that she had not experienced mutant persecution up until she joined the X-Men it makes me wonder what would Magneto do or say to convince Storm to join him?

Cool. That sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    Such a great scene from X-Men Unlimited (they need to bring this book back). I think this would have been an EPIC team up if she had joined the Brotherhood instead of the X-Men. With all of their power, especially since they do compliment each other in quite a few ways, and strong personalities, I think they would be a very devastating force for pushing the pro-mutant agenda forward. Considering Storm's experience with being worshipped as a goddess and that she had not experienced mutant persecution up until she joined the X-Men it makes me wonder what would Magneto do or say to convince Storm to join him?
    I can honestly see Magneto approaching her first and seduce her with knowledge of her mutant heritage much like Xavier did but he would offer her more of a title which would feed her ego even more so. That's where I see the crossroad in her character. Xavier didn't boost her ego but her morale which led her to join his team. Magneto would have gave her a superiority complex which would lead to a life with the Brotherhood. Her powers would have definitely been used in more deadly ways.

BANNED

As promised!

BANNED

As promised!

Weird. I don't know what to do with this alt mess.

o

Vice High Priest ~ CTT

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy010 View Post
    I can honestly see Magneto approaching her first and seduce her with knowledge of her mutant heritage much like Xavier did but he would offer her more of a title which would feed her ego even more so. That's where I see the crossroad in her character. Xavier didn't boost her ego but her morale which led her to join his team. Magneto would have gave her a superiority complex which would lead to a life with the Brotherhood. Her powers would have definitely been used in more deadly ways.
    I like this idea and find that it could work. It reminds me a bit of Storm Phoenix from the What If tale. She was so wrapped up in her god complex that she didn't realize what she was doing wrong, or did, and thought that she had the right to be, as the sole protector of the planet. There is that no killing rule that would have to be somehow removed, or she could just freeze people in place(as she did as SP), which would technically not be killing them.

Just as Val described it, she would probably even obliterate Magneto if it goes too far.

As promised!

Very nice find, HP! I had no idea these were around.
    Last edited by The Weather God; 05-12-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    I like this idea and find that it could work. It reminds me a bit of Storm Phoenix from the What If tale. She was so wrapped up in her god complex that she didn't realize what she was doing wrong, or did, and thought that she had the right to be, as the sole protector of the planet. There is that no killing rule that would have to be somehow removed, or she could just freeze people in place(as she did as SP), which would technically not be killing them.

Just as Val described it, she would probably even obliterate Magneto if it goes too far.

Very nice find, HP! I had no idea these were around.
    Yes StormPhoenix is a good example of what I'm talking about. I do think she would have given Mags and the Brotherhood hell tho lol. Who do you think she would have "killed" first?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Im going to have to agree with this. I would only add that if she did embrace the idea of superiority this would see her then embracing the idea of being a true goddess. In that she wouldnt hold back the use of her powers as she currently tends to do in the hopes of not harming human life; in this new perspective of being she would view humans as beneath her. As time progress she would begin yearning for more (as she did with rogue'storm) and this desire to obtain her ultimate power would result in her ascending to and beyond rpguestoem where we saw an infantile version of her on the brink of obtaining ultimate power: a being that breathed both fire and ice. Her ascension into this form and her new power would surely eclipse that of magneto and her fellow brother hood of mutants and it would end with her deciding she had no use for the team.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-12-2014 at 10:50 PM.

Any more opinions on this subject?