Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: Dark Circle Dawns with Francavilla and Chaykin's "Black Hood" #1 Variants

Archie's superhero/crime noir imprint is set to launch in February, and CBR has the first look at covers by Francesco Francavill and Howard Chaykin.

Full article here.

Okay . . . I'm definitely planning to check this out.

Just hope it won't be another attempt by Archie where we get several issues and then nothing else happens.

All-New Member

I'm just getting back into comics and I'm a huge fan of Duane Swierczynski. I've missed out on all the comic work he's done, so looking forward to this series very much!

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Pretty excited for this, huge Duane fan! I am also excited and can't wait for The Shield to show up.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Definitely looking forward to this. I'll definitely be checking out the other titles as well.

Yes. Swierczynski is killing it on X and I'll follow him over here.

Big kudos to Dark Circle for getting loose.
    Engaging discussion of comics 10 years old or older http://classiccomics.boards.net

IDK, i may try this out since im planning on picking up the Shield, but Swierczynski kinda left me cold with X and IDWs Judge Dredd. Plus i think his Bloodshot was the weakest of the work on the character at Valiant.

>tfw at first glance I thought Chaykin and Francavilla were doing a book together but nope, Swierczynski.
    BB

Francovilla's cover kicks ass. And I'm a fan of Duane's from way back before he even started doing comics, so I'm definitely looking forward to this!

All-New Member

++ I'm enjoying Duane's work on X and this looks a lot like it. I'll check it out.

Never bought from Archie before and never planned to.
    Last edited by Socrato; 11-20-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Duane's work on X is the stuff of legend, if this is even half as good I'm in for the long haul!

Great covers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    Duane's work on X is the stuff of legend, if this is even half as good I'm in for the long haul!

Great covers!
    +1

10char
    #MagnetoWasRight

BANNED

This is a no-brainer for me. I'm picking this up simply because this is the same guy writing X.

Ditto. Duane has been hitting on all cylinders since about issue 7 or 8 on X. Phenomenal stuff. Also like Waid's stuff on Green Hornet. Curious if anyone has read The Fox? From what I know there were 5 issues printed under the Red Circle banner in 2013-14.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    IDK, i may try this out since im planning on picking up the Shield, but Swierczynski kinda left me cold with X and IDWs Judge Dredd. Plus i think his Bloodshot was the weakest of the work on the character at Valiant.
    I read the first tpb collection of his Birds of Prey for DC and it wasn't bad, but when I later read an issue of Judge Dredd for IDW he wrote (#13) and a couple of issues of his X (#10 - 11), I wasn't all that impressed. So, we'll see how this works out.