Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Maxima Appreciation

The fiery headed Monarch came to Earth to make Superman her mate. After having her advances rejected countless times she has been both friend and enemy to the mighty Superman. A fierce warrior yet a loving queen Maxima's motives were always for the betterment of her people, the proud citizens of Almerac. Sadly, she would meet her demise defending the planet Earth after her ship exploded from the destructive beams of Brainiac 13's warworld.

Pre New-52 Stats.
    Height: 6' 2"
    Weight: 140 lbs (64 kg)
    Eyes: Brown
    Hair: Red
    Citizenship: Almeracian
    Place of Birth: Almerac

Pre New52 Powerset.
    Being descended from the Blood Royal of Almerac, Maxima was the most powerful being on her planet. Her immense powers were attributed to generations of selective breeding and gene therapy.
    Her vast powerset included:

Superstrength-Under normal conditions, allowed her to hurt superman himself in combat.

Enhanced Stamina-Maxima was able to continue fighting on nothing but sheer willpower.

Superspeed-Maxima was able to catch up with Kyle Rayner and Superman who were doing a quick run around the solar system. She was also able to observe Jay Garrick as he fought at superspeed

Teleportation- She could teleport people or objects over interstellar distances with a thought.

Forcefields- Her forcefields were powerful enough to keep PowerGirl at bay.

Ferrokinesis-She had complete control over metals on the molecular level.

Matter Manipulation-She had control over inorganic materials. Her costumes were a combination of this power and her control over metals.

Optical Force Beams-Maxima could fire her molecular telekinesis out of her eyes or emulate searing heat vision.

Almeracian Mindbolts-Maxima was able to harness her telepathy to fire off deadly bolts of psychic energy which could bypass the telepathic immunity granted by the motherbox. This particular application was so feared that another species had to create technology specifically for it.

Telepathy-Maxima was an extraordinarily powerful telepath.

Empathy-Maxima's empathy was enhanced to the point that she could literally hear emotions. She used this tactic when she came into contact with a mind that lacks coherent thought.

Hypnotic Gaze- Maxima could leave her foes paralyzed with nothing but a stare if they looked into her eyes.

Suspended Animation-Maxima could suspend her vital functions temporarily to appear dead. A tactic which she used against Superman so she could use her Hypnotic gaze on him.

Invulnerability-Being an Almeracian, Maxima was impervious to most types of harm. If her normal durability wasn't enough, she could channel her telekinesis inwards to boost it.

Duplication-Maxima could create doubles that were slightly less powerful than she was, and as Superman noted, more restrained. These doubles were mere vessels for her consciousness.

Flight-By applying her telekinesis for flight she was able to hit speeds of escape velocity.

Telekinesis-Maxima's telekinesis was extremely powerful. Powerful enough to fix her world by closing fissures as it was dying. She also began overloading Captain Atom with this power who noted himself that her energy would cause him to leap through time if she didn't stop. She also carried her people over interstellar distances by creating a highway of psionic energy.

New 52 Maxima.

History-Currently Unknown.

Height-Unknown

Weight-Unknown

Age-Unknown, presumably she is within the age range of Supergirl

Haircolor-

Eye color-

Skin-Maxima appears to be oddly colored, somewhere along the lines of orange,red or pink, more of a sunset looking skin tone.

Powers:

Superstrength-Maxima was able to trade blows with Supergirl in their first encounter. Managing to knock her into the air with a single blow,indicating that she is indeed within the Class 100 range.

Superhuman Durability- Maxima is able to survive blows from Supergirl. She was also able to withstand heat "hotter than the lava lakes of Krypton" where Kara could not.

Teleportation- Maxima is able to open portals to teleport herself and others over lightyears distance .

Telekinesis- Maxima is able to create glowing purple telekinetic daggers which she can throw with deadly accuracy.A tactic she used to kill Rendll, a former student of crucible by puncturing her neck with a single throw and finally kicking it fully through her neck to finish their battle.

Note: After their encounter, the teacher let it be known that Maxima was only using a FRACTION of her power agains't Supergirl.

First New 52 Appearance : Supergirl #36. November,19th,2014. Maxima made her new 52 debut after being gone for a lengthy thirteen years.
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 02-01-2015 at 04:44 PM.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Side shot of New 52 Maxima I'm loving this new look.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Kara's outfit finally covers her legs and we're introduced to Maxima who sports the free legs. It's getting your cake and eating it, no?

She goes back to that thing at the end ........ so the cake is burnt.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    She goes back to that thing at the end ........ so the cake is burnt.
    Who, Kara? I hope not. Her New 52 design was always lame with her exposed legs/kneecaps even though it's supposed to be "Armor". Other than the visor her new outfit looks far better than the original New 52 one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Who, Kara? I hope not. Her New 52 design was always lame with her exposed legs/kneecaps even though it's supposed to be "Armor". Other than the visor her new outfit looks far better than the original New 52 one.

Apparently it changed back after they were done testing her.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

team shot!
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post

Apparently it changed back after they were done testing her.
    That's horrible, hopefully she at least uses it again after her training is over or before big fights start.

The insinuation is that the new armor she wore in this issue is a "heavy combat" mode her usual uniform can access. So in theory, we'll see her activate it when sh*t hits the fan. Though that raises the question; if Kara can access the upgraded armor, why hasnt she done so before now? Her costume was a reward for her right of passage and becoming a legal adult right? If she still couldnt use the better armor, how could the Crucible access it? Oh well, questions for later Im sure.

This is a Maxima thread!

Love me some Maxima! I hope she has a long stint in this book, and grows to a much larger role in the DCU. I'd love to see her back on the League, and without J'onn they're missing a telepath (assuming Maxima still has those abilities).

Love the new look. Love it all!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Prefer her as an Superverse antagonist. If not primarily to Superman, then to either Supergirl/Power Gal/Superboy/Mon-El.

Still remember picking up her debut issue way back in 1989 (yes, I'm old)

Dug her appearances on SUPERMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES:

And her one-time guest shot on SMALLVILLE:

I think Smallville really whiffed on a lot of the guest stars they had, but Maxima I thought they pulled off fairly well. Whoever the actress was, she had the right amount of "crazy eye" to make me believe the character.

I would say the costume was horrendous, but given what she wears in the comics, this could be considered an upgrade.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think Smallville really whiffed on a lot of the guest stars they had, but Maxima I thought they pulled off fairly well. Whoever the actress was, she had the right amount of "crazy eye" to make me believe the character.

I would say the costume was horrendous, but given what she wears in the comics, this could be considered an upgrade.
    Yeah I didn't like it either, then I remembered that she's known for leaving little for the imagination. And the actress was really good lol. If Maxima is ever in a movie I want her!
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Let me just say, I was worried when I first heard they were bringing her back. Remembering what she wore (looking at you red battle suit!) I was honestly expecting her to pull a starfire with a cape. I just love this new look so much I pretty much have it as everything, phone wallpaper,desktop background, my chat wallpaper lol. I didn't like the black bits before but they really grew on me considering if you took off that she'd basically be covering her chest and hips and arms. But yeah, I love that it's simple. In Maxima's case, less is more.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    That's horrible, hopefully she at least uses it again after her training is over or before big fights start.
    I dare say Maxima is hotter than Kara in her own book..
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Transformation Thursday? Because I like .... a lot.

Just gimme back that Almeracian hair ......
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡