Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by friendly-fire-press View Post
    Very nice find, FRIENDLY-FIRE-PRESS . This is one of my favorite looks for comic Maxima (seeing as my introduction to this wonderful character was through the superman animated series).

Thoughts on New 52 Maxima so far?

To all others how strong was Maxima? More accurately, did her telekinesis contribute to her strength? Or was it a physical power?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

You know, I dont recall ever reading anything that clarified how much of her strength and physical abilities were derived from her psychic powers.

If I had to guess, I'd say there's at least a correlation. Perhaps its like what Bryne (and others) have said about Superman; his powers manifest as physical prowess but are actually latent psychic ability; that's why he can lift a building without the building crumbling under its own weight, and do all those other things that physics would never actually allow.

Also, I adore the idea that Maxima's mother could be a relative copy of Max from post-Crisis. That's just brilliant right there, and a nice nod to the past while keeping options open. Maybe Maxima's entire family could become players in the DCU; Max herself could adventure with Kara, join the League or Titans or whatever, and her mother could fill in the old "babies for duty" role and chase Superman.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Very nice find, FRIENDLY-FIRE-PRESS . This is one of my favorite looks for comic Maxima (seeing as my introduction to this wonderful character was through the superman animated series).

Thoughts on New 52 Maxima so far?

To all others how strong was Maxima? More accurately, did her telekinesis contribute to her strength? Or was it a physical power?
    So far I'm really liking what I'm seeing of the New 52 Maxima, and am hoping to be seeing a lot more of her in future stories ...

She's always had vast superhuman strength and was trained at an early age in various forms of hand-to-hand combat (often in rather brutal, life-or-death fashion) ... so she's always been a force to be reckoned with, just on that note alone ... her telepathy is a bonus, making it much easier to anticipate her opponents attacks (amongst other handy uses, of course) but even without it, she's incredibly tough, not to be trifled with

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Also, I adore the idea that Maxima's mother could be a relative copy of Max from post-Crisis. That's just brilliant right there, and a nice nod to the past while keeping options open. Maybe Maxima's entire family could become players in the DCU; Max herself could adventure with Kara, join the League or Titans or whatever, and her mother could fill in the old "babies for duty" role and chase Superman.
    Plus, its not like DC hasn't done this approach before... I believe in the New 52 Suicide Squad, there's an issue where slim Amanda Waller meets her mother or someone and mother look like pre-reboot Waller But anyway, would love it if we see New 52 Maxima's mother who looks like old school Maxima being the one who says 'when are you giving me grandkids?' type of thing. Did Maxima's parents ever get explored before? I don't think they have but I haven't read all her appearances so it might be in a book that I never read.

Thoughts on Maxima this past issue?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Maxima seems conflicted about what's expected of her, what she wants, and she seems to have a thing for the overly flirtatious Comet who doesn't seem to notice her jealousy.

If Supergirl and Comet dated I can see Maxima and Tsavo not being happy at all.

as i said i'm liking her she hasn't gotten her arrogance i'm the best there is and ever will be personality (well at least yet ) but i like what i see. Confident yet seems to want more other than being a breeding mare.

Interesting points Angel. I love the fact that she wants more for herself yet, should the need arise, she would do what must be done for her people.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Just a reminder . Supergirl #38 will be out January 21st, which would be this coming Wednesday. I can't wait to see how Maxima is used!
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    And the answer is... It depends. The comics themselves never asked the question, nevermind answer it. However, the folks at Mayfair Games (who put out the DC HEROES RPG) did ask, and got answers - two different sets of them:

In the Justice League adventure, World in the Balance, Max's STR is listed as 6APs (which means she can bench a bit over 3000 lbs, making her twice as strong as Batman) but says that she can use her 20 APs of Telekinesis in place of her STR when making a hand to hand attack. Later in the DC HEROES Who's Who her STR is listed at 20APs (meaning she can now lift 25,000 tons - for comparison, Wonder Woman had a STR of 16 APs (1,500 tons) and Supes himself had a STR of 25 for a whopping 800,000 tons). Her BODY score of 16 never changed though, so even without her force field, nothing short of a bunker buster would so much as raise a bruise.

Thanks for the explanation Oron! How many of you got issue 38? Maxima kicked serious a**!!(my avatar is a hint of what happened)
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

What are Maxima's current powers and abilities? Does she still have her telepathic and telekinetic abilities like she did before the reboot?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    What are Maxima's current powers and abilities? Does she still have her telepathic and telekinetic abilities like she did before the reboot?
    Currently, she's only displayed Super strength, telekinetic daggers and possibly teleportation (in #37 when she opened that portal the pose made it seem plausible that it could be a natural ability). The only thing she has riding for her power wise is that she's able to knock around Kara while holding back.

She also seems to be the most powerful of the group seeing as she took down Rendll(who was immune to Kara's heat vision) and managed to save Comet from Helkon or whatever.
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 03-07-2015 at 06:56 PM.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

New 52 Maxima is a lesbian. I LOVE IT
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡