Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Her Publisher said there was no story and she did too. That is where I am getting that assumption. her own account. Can a person change their account multiple times?

sure they can.

But it leaves said person open to be perceived as a less trustworthy narrator.
    Do you have a link to where they said there no story? I've seen Cosby's lawyer claim that, but I've seen no statement from them that there was no story.

What I've seen is that she originally told one story, hinted that she'd covered up the truth on Howard Stern because HarperCollins was afraid of getting sued, and that when the other women came forward she was emboldened to finally tell the truth. That's definitely changing her story, but it's more consistent than Cosby's camp is trying to paint it.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 11-20-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Since you're already assuming there was no rape story, there's no point in asking who you should believe. You've already made up your mind. But I have worked in media, I can tell you that a book publisher squashing a negative story about a powerful and beloved figure because they fear his lawyers is not a farfetched concept at all. No one is saying that Cosby's lawyers threatened them, just that they held back the story because they knew they'd face legal action if they published it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Her Publisher said there was no story and she did too. That is where I am getting that assumption. her own account. Can a person change their account multiple times?

sure they can.

But it leaves said person open to be perceived as a less trustworthy narrator.
    Do you have a link to where they said there no story? I've seen Cosby's lawyer claim that, but I've seen no statement from them that there was no story.

What I've seen is that she originally told one story, hinted that she'd covered up the truth on Howard Stern because HarperCollins was afraid of getting sued, and that when the other women came forward she was emboldened to finally tell the truth. That's definitely changing her story, but it's more consistent than Cosby's camp is trying to paint it.

It reminds me of the "Non Stop , the Story of Lance Armstrong" where it was detailed the best way to deflect accusations made that Armstrong was doping for years and people knew , was to make the people seem like crap. That they would muddy them. Greg LeMond was painted as a dangerous alcoholic , heroin druggie. A woman married to a cyclist on the US Post Team was painted as a crazy delusional woman who blamed him for her husband's exit off the team and so on.

It was a great strategy....who could believe these people next to American hero and cancer survivor Lance Armstrong. Who would believe crazy Janice Dickinson ? Cosby's lawyers are doing what Armstrong's did.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It reminds me of the "Non Stop , the Story of Lance Armstrong" where it was detailed the best way to deflect accusations made that Armstrong was doping for years and people knew , was to make the people seem like crap. That they would muddy them. Greg LeMond was painted as a dangerous alcoholic , heroin druggie. A woman married to a cyclist on the US Post Team was painted as a crazy delusional woman who blamed him for her husband's exit off the team and so on.

It was a great strategy....who could believe these people next to American hero and cancer survivor Lance Armstrong. Who would believe crazy Janice Dickinson ? Cosby's lawyers are doing what Armstrong's did.
    That's rape culture in action. Discredit the alleged victims using any means necessary. Accuse them of lying. Accuse them of "just being after money." Blame them for "putting themselves in compromising positions." Query why they never reported it, all the while heaping accusations and smears and victim-blaming on them for reporting it. This thread is a perfect example of it.
    Last edited by Spike-X; 11-20-2014 at 09:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    That's rape culture in action. Discredit the alleged victims using any means necessary. Accuse them of lying. Accuse them of "just being after money." Query why they never reported it, all the while heaping accusations and smears and victim-blaming on them for reporting it. Blame them for "putting themselves in compromising positions." This thread is a perfect example of it.
    Now that is real talk.

That's rape culture in action. Discredit the alleged victims using any means necessary. Accuse them of lying. Accuse them of "just being after money." Blame them for "putting themselves in compromising positions." Query why they never reported it, all the while heaping accusations and smears and victim-blaming on them for reporting it. This thread is a perfect example of it.
    Armstrong's stance was ...a reason nothing happened for years as he competed and everyone believed he was great , was his lawyers would destroy anyone who came out about things. One journalist wrote a book in France but the US Publishers were told to stay the **** away or Lance Armstrong's lawyers would destroy them. This continued for years til it all exploded and he couldn't stop it.

Cosby's lawyers will try the same stance. Destroy the people and keep it silent.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

BANNED

A little healthy skepticism is a far cry from apologizing for rapists. Please forgive some of us for wanting more evidence than a story told years after the fact, almost live, on national tv, with flashbulbs blazing and microphones aimed. Anybody can say anything, it doesn't make us wrong, complacent, culpable or cold hearted for not automatically believing it, without asking questions. I mean, you'd think out of umpteen women, one of them would have gone to the police and gotten a rape kit. They can't all live in mortal fear of Mr. Jello Pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    A little healthy skepticism is a far cry from apologizing for rapists. Please forgive some of us for wanting more evidence than a story told years after the fact, almost live, on national tv, with flashbulbs blazing and microphones aimed. Anybody can say anything, it doesn't make us wrong, complacent, culpable or cold hearted for not automatically believing it, without asking questions. I mean, you'd think out of umpteen women, one of them would have gone to the police and gotten a rape kit. They can't all live in mortal fear of Mr. Jello Pudding.
    It was explained awhile back that women likely didn't want themselves in the media over it. Because Cosby was a powerful guy and had money. I'm sure a stance was , take this money and shut up. Or we will discuss your life and turn over anything bad to discredit you and get nothing. I'm sure a good many did just that.

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

Me and my brother were discussing the situation today and he completely could not comprehend this.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

Cosby's case reminds me in a way of former NFL player Darren Sharper. Sharper won a NFL Man of the Year award at one point and was considered a great man. The type people could look up to for what he did on and off the field. Today Sharper is accused of raping 8 women across 5 states.

http://*******************/articles/...ious-questions

Sharper's friends and people who knew him couldn't believe it. When 1 case came out people debated it and said , maybe its wrong. But once it became 8 women all claiming to be date raped ...it was hard to justify his innocence.

BANNED

Cosby's case reminds me in a way of former NFL player Darren Sharper. Sharper won a NFL Man of the Year award at one point and was considered a great man. The type people could look up to for what he did on and off the field. Today Sharper is accused of raping 8 women across 5 states.

http://*******************/articles/...ious-questions

Sharper's friends and people who knew him couldn't believe it. When 1 case came out people debated it and said , maybe its wrong. But once it became 8 women all claiming to be date raped ...it was hard to justify his innocence.
    That site is banned here, apparently.

That site is banned here, apparently.
    I guess its the site name which would spark anyone from taking it serious. The site is called "Bleacher Report" . I get the feeling it likely has CBR sensors thinking something else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    I think calling him Mr. Jello Pudding minimizes how powerful, respected and litigious he is. Cosby is not the lovable character he plays on TV, he's a colder, more complex person in real life. Add to it that all of these women would have faced "healthy skepticism" that we've seen in this thread and I can understand not coming forward then.

Anyway, two more women have come forward now.

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-pa...ing-raping-her

"He asked me, 'would you like to come see my show?' Of course I would." said Serignese.

She said she ended up at an after party.

Therese said hours later it was just her and Cosby and that's when she says he offered her some pills.

She said, "I took them, didn't know what they were didn't even ask. I just was intimidated I guess and I took them. Then my next memory is feeling drugged and him having sex with me."

Therese said she didn't know how she got home but remembers telling her mother the next day.

"She just looked at me and said 'maybe he'll take care of you,' " Sherignese said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...left-room.html

She and her date and Bill started to play pool and in the middle of the game, she looks up and asked where Camille [Cosby's wife] was.

She's probably gone to bed,' Cosby told her.

'Things are starting to feel odd now. I'm from the South and you always say good night to your guests so I asked, "Why didn't she say goodnight?"'

'He said she was probably tired so I kept watching them play. And then Bill won, so Bill and I played. And pretty soon I noticed that the guy disappeared and I asked where he went,

'He told me 'probably to the bathroom'.

'Things really seemed odder now. We kept playing. Bill beat me. And just as I was ready to put the pool cue down he came forward at me. I thought he was reaching for the pool cue. But he came at me and grabbed me in such a powerful way. Grabbing me.

'He was much bigger than me. Much bigger and he pulled me so hard and so rough. I had never been treated so roughly and he pulled me hard to him so hard.

'And then kissed me so hard, right in the mouth. No one has ever been that physically violent with me.

'I was stunned. I was frozen. I took all my body strength and used both of my arms to stop him and push him away from me. He was so forceful.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

spacegoatpurrp is incredulous:

I dont believe it, why he aint never do nothin with Denise or Vanessa? And the first allegation was in 1969. Back then Bill Cosby would have been buried if America found out he allegedly raped a white woman. Guilty or not.
    CliffHanger2 agrees:

This. That's part of why it seems suspect to me, I mean going all the way back to 1969. And white women were scared to say he raped them? It just doesn't add up to me.
    Again, I have to point out that black male celebrities were on a higher social strata than white female nobodies back then, and they'd have been marginalized or outright ignored, like most women in those days claiming rape.

I hope you guys are my age, because I'm getting tired of people who weren't there telling me how things were back then.
    Last edited by Paradox; 11-20-2014 at 11:08 PM.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

BANNED

It was explained awhile back that women likely didn't want themselves in the media over it. Because Cosby was a powerful guy and had money. I'm sure a stance was , take this money and shut up. Or we will discuss your life and turn over anything bad to discredit you and get nothing. I'm sure a good many did just that.
    I read that explanation, I just don't accept it. They didn't want to be in the media then, but now a press conference is okay? Nope, that doesn't sound right.

Like I said before, where's the evidence? Any evidence. There has to be more proof than your word, decades later.
    Last edited by Razor Tiara; 11-20-2014 at 10:59 PM.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

ed2962 goes regional:

I think it depends. A cop in Alabama might've wanted to hang him, but a New York cop might've been more sympathetic, especially under these kind of circumstances.
    And a cop in California, with the TV and movie industry in his back yard would probably try to sweep it under the rug (and possibly tried to get paid for doing so). Bill was a "non-threatening Negro actor" to most white people, similar to how a younger Will Smith was seen (although not nearly as popular).
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)