Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    It'd surprise me more if they weren't.

And if some of the guys posting on this thread spent less time trying to prove their street cred to each other and more time reading up on why victims of sexual assault are reluctant to come forward, they might learn a goddamn thing or two.
    Victims of sexual assault are filing reports now more than ever. (page 2) People who are arrested for rape have between a 50-54% chance of being convicted. (page 10.) The reason so many people are reluctant to step forward is that apparently, 50% of people who meet the legal criteria of having been sexually assaulted don't consider their experiences to have been rape. (pages 2-3).

There's no catch-all explanation for why some people don't report this stuff. Some people are embarrassed, some people don't feel they're victims, and some people fear being humiliated. It's waaaaaay complex.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Yeah we know that. All we are saying is not every allegation is true. With exhibit A.

And Miss Dickinson makes it harder for those with legitimate claims.
    Why should she? That's the point. Even if her allegation is untrue, it proves nothing about the other claims. It's not an exhibit for any rational argument.

Not that I'm saying her allegation is untrue, it might be true. Even people you don't like can be raped.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 11-20-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The thing with Dickinson is , she came forward years ago and mentioned it some with Howard Stern. Before this broke big lately. So its not like Dickinson is jumping that soon on band wagon.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    No you get to be a successful drug dealer by being a sell out. Free way Rick wasn't that bright just a sell out in the right place at the right time.
    I disagree. That's a lot of plates to keep spinning. You have to simultaneously watch out for rivals attempting usurp your territory, your bosses that want their money, the clientele that would gladly steal your product, as well as the constant threat from law enforcement. Freeway Rick Ross wasn't all that successful, his decades long sentence confirms this. Hell he didn't even win his lawsuit against the other arguably more famous Rick Ross that stole his name.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The thing with Dickinson is , she came forward years ago and mentioned it some with Howard Stern. Before this broke big lately. So its not like Dickinson is jumping that soon on band wagon.
    Did not know that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    But she wrote in her book, nothing happened.

Which Dickinson should we believe? the one who wrote a book..saying nothing happened. bragged that she flipped Bill off in interviews for 5 years..or a half-way mention on Stern?

if I said I was beat up by the Klan. but In a book 7 years prior I said i got in a fight with 5 guys but no race was involved. and continued to say it for 8 years..then come back and mentioned Klan on 1 radio program without pressing charges what would people say?

BANNED

But she wrote in her book, nothing happened.

Which Dickinson should we believe? the one who wrote a book..saying nothing happened. bragged that she flipped Bill off in interviews for 5 years..or a half-way mention on Stern?

if I said I was beat up by the Klan. but In a book 7 years prior I said i got in a fight with 5 guys but no race was involved. and continued to say it for 8 years..then come back and mentioned Klan on 1 radio program without pressing charges what would people say?
    http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...rview-20141911

Her story is that HarperCollins made her leave the rape out of the book because of Cosby's lawyers. Considering that Cosby's lawyers have been threatening to destroy journalists for reporting on the story, that makes sense. What she said on Stern is consistent with what she's saying now.

"Bill Cosby was the only guy I couldn't write about in the book, because HarperCollins is afraid of lawsuits," the supermodel said at the time. "Truly."

Stern, unaware of Dickinson's hesitation to speak about the topic, pressed for more. "So what happened?" the longtime SiriusXM host asked. "He got you? So he nailed you? You had sex with Bill Cosby?"

"He was married [to Camille O. Cosby]," Dickinson trailed, adding that the publisher was "too afraid" to publish parts of the memoir involving him. "Wouldn't touch that one," she revealed. "And I don't want to get near that because I don't have the shekels that you do or that Cosby does."

Dickinson continued, "The guy's a bad guy, he's not a nice guy. He preys on women who just come out of rehab. I'll say that."

Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 11-20-2014 at 06:45 PM.

Invincible Member

This. That's part of why it seems suspect to me, I mean going all the way back to 1969. And white women were scared to say he raped them? It just doesn't add up to me.
    It could have gone either way. Racism was still pervasive during that time, but so was sexism. Rape and domestic violence just weren't treated as seriously as they are today. And America was WAY more afraid of black men like say Huey Newton or Jimi Hendrix ( who had more than a couple of white girlfriends) than they were of Bill Cosby.

It not hard to imagine a scenario where a cop/lawyer/DA says, " Are you sure you were really raped? Sure you aren't just embarrassed that your mom will find out you were out drinking wine with a negro? You should be glad it was him, he's one of the good ones!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...rview-20141911

Her story is that HarperCollins made her leave the rape out of the book because of Cosby's lawyers. Considering that Cosby's lawyers have been threatening to destroy journalists for reporting on the story, that makes sense. What she said on Stern is consistent with what she's saying now.

"Bill Cosby was the only guy I couldn't write about in the book, because HarperCollins is afraid of lawsuits," the supermodel said at the time. "Truly."

Stern, unaware of Dickinson's hesitation to speak about the topic, pressed for more. "So what happened?" the longtime SiriusXM host asked. "He got you? So he nailed you? You had sex with Bill Cosby?"

"He was married [to Camille O. Cosby]," Dickinson trailed, adding that the publisher was "too afraid" to publish parts of the memoir involving him. "Wouldn't touch that one," she revealed. "And I don't want to get near that because I don't have the shekels that you do or that Cosby does."

Dickinson continued, "The guy's a bad guy, he's not a nice guy. He preys on women who just come out of rehab. I'll say that."

Ms. Dickinson did an interview with the New York Observer in September 2002 entitled “Interview With a Vamp” completely contradicting her new story about Mr. Cosby. That interview a dozen years ago said “she didn’t want to go to bed with him and he blew her off.” Her publisher Harper Collins can confirm that no attorney representing Mr. Cosby tried to kill the alleged rape story (since there was no such story)

Should I believer her or her publisher?
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 11-20-2014 at 07:01 PM.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Shawn Hopkins, there have been a few times I've wanted to jump in on this thread to make a point and each time I already found you've made it better than I could. Thanks.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    I disagree. That's a lot of plates to keep spinning. You have to simultaneously watch out for rivals attempting usurp your territory, your bosses that want their money, the clientele that would gladly steal your product, as well as the constant threat from law enforcement. Freeway Rick Ross wasn't all that successful, his decades long sentence confirms this. Hell he didn't even win his lawsuit against the other arguably more famous Rick Ross that stole his name.
    Even still they're still sellouts regardless, nothing to admire or put on a pedestal.

BANNED

Ms. Dickinson did an interview with the New York Observer in September 2002 entitled “Interview With a Vamp” completely contradicting her new story about Mr. Cosby. That interview a dozen years ago said “she didn’t want to go to bed with him and he blew her off.” Her publisher Harper Collins can confirm that no attorney representing Mr. Cosby tried to kill the alleged rape story (since there was no such story)

Should I believer her or her publisher?
    I have worked in media, I can tell you that a book publisher squashing a negative story about a powerful and beloved figure because they fear his lawyers is not a farfetched concept at all. No one is saying that Cosby's lawyers threatened them, just that they held back the story because they knew they'd face legal action if they published it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It could have gone either way. Racism was still pervasive during that time, but so was sexism. Rape and domestic violence just weren't treated as seriously as they are today. And America was WAY more afraid of black men like say Huey Newton or Jimi Hendrix ( who had more than a couple of white girlfriends) than they were of Bill Cosby.

It not hard to imagine a scenario where a cop/lawyer/DA says, " Are you sure you were really raped? Sure you aren't just embarrassed that your mom will find out you were out drinking wine with a negro? You should be glad it was him, he's one of the good ones!"
    Well that's the thing did anyone ever report it to the police? And still I can't see a cop in 1969 siding with Bill Cosby over a young white woman. If anything they'd be looking to make an example of him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    I have worked in media, I can tell you that a book publisher squashing a negative story about a powerful and beloved figure because they fear his lawyers is not a farfetched concept at all. No one is saying that Cosby's lawyers threatened them, just that they held back the story because they knew they'd face legal action if they published it.
    Her Publisher said there was no story and she did too. That is where I am getting that assumption. her own account. Can a person change their account multiple times?

sure they can.

But it leaves said person open to be perceived as a less trustworthy narrator.

Invincible Member

Well that's the thing did anyone ever report it to the police? And still I can't see a cop in 1969 siding with Bill Cosby over a young white woman. If anything they'd be looking to make an example of him.
    I think it depends. A cop in Alabama might've wanted to hang him, but a New York cop might've been more sympathetic, especially under these kind of circumstances.

Though for what it's worth, they did try to make an example of men like Jack Johnson and Chuck Berry, but...