Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Say it isn't so COS !

I will make this short and sweet , I always admired Bill Cosby the comedian and the attitude he always had. Cosby to me was one of those great TV dads in an era where its true , Al Bundy emerged. Where as Al Bundy was brutally real in ways and reflected a lot of what parents were at times , Bill Cosby was the dream father. He believed in his children getting an education and achieving the dreams they laid out.

The thing that made me a fan of Bill Cosby was the aspect that when people blasted the show for being far fetched , Cosby didn't back down. He felt that everyone had a chance at achieving success and that it wasn't wrong that the Cosby's were a successful black family . It also didn't hurt the man was great comedy and had this interaction with children that sold him. He just knew how to get laughs with kids. He went on to do those Jello Puddin ads and Kids Say the Darnest Things show due to how he interacted onscreen with children.

I also enjoyed his stand up. There was 3-4 comedians I enjoyed watching do stand up . Robin Williams , Richard Pryor , Dave Chappelle and ...Bill Cosby. While the other guys pushed the envelope and had fun doing it , Cosby could sit down and do an hour stand up without one swear word. People would laugh as he discussed his family . How his children were , how his grand kids were. Cosby could get laughs in his 70's and 80's just being the silly grandfather.

So imagine my shock one day when I click on news articles detailing that COS , the dude who really sold family to me in the 1980's was revealed to be a sexual predator. I was stunned....NO WAY. Not the COS. He's ...he's Bill F'N Cosby. He's Cliff Huxtable. I didn't wanna believe it and thought at 1st it was some lie some were telling.

Then more women came forward....and more. Finally in reading , Janice Dickerson herself discussed in 2006 that Cosby raped her in 1981. Dickerson wanted to write about it in 2 books she wrote , but was told by her publisher Harper Collins that Cosby's lawyers would crush them. She told Howard Stern then in an interview she couldn't write about Bill Cosby . She revealed today what happened as more women came forward.

Its like learning Santa Claus is a serial killer in his off days. Not the COS. Its a big blow to a childhood In a way. Bill Cosby , a sexual predator. So sad...
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

It's just a bad situation all around. Either he's a monster who preyed on women, or you have a group of opportunists trying to shatter a man's reputation.

I don't want to pass judgment because some of the accounts sound iffy, and not for nothing but Janice Dickinson proved herself a loon many times before, but I don't want to strawman the other women because of it.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I was stunned when I heard about this. Stunned. Goes to show that you really don't know a person behind closed doors.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BANNED

My grandmother always gave me this solid life advice.Before you tell me to clean up around my doorstep.You better make damn sure yours is clean.Cosby's doorstep is not as clean as we thought it was.There is a little dirt on it now.Infidelities in his marriage and rape accusations.When you sit on high and give life advice you should definitely be the role model you seem to be.
    Last edited by doodledude; 11-20-2014 at 12:17 AM.

BANNED

Nobody knows where the nose goes behind closed doors.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

"Hey, don't be draggin' me into this!"

'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

BANNED

Dammit bring back the malt liqour and saggy baggy jeans!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I grew up watching Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids, then the Cosby Show as an adult, so I'm a fan of Bill. I should be shocked at these revelations, sadly, I'm not since even the biggest celebrities are flawed and imperfect with feet of clay the rest of us. However, I'm not going to pass judgment on Cosby until all the facts come out in the wash.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I grew up watching Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids, then the Cosby Show as an adult, so I'm a fan of Bill. I should be shocked at these revelations, sadly, I'm not since even the biggest celebrities are flawed and imperfect with feet of clay the rest of us. However, I'm not going to pass judgment on Cosby until all the facts come out in the wash.
    yeah.. i do appreciate celebrities,comedians in this case for their ability to move us. make us cry,laugh, inspire us.
    however, i don't look up to them as role models..and i'm definitely not interested in their personal lives.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I will make this short and sweet , I always admired Bill Cosby the comedian and the attitude he always had. Cosby to me was one of those great TV dads in an era where its true , Al Bundy emerged. Where as Al Bundy was brutally real in ways and reflected a lot of what parents were at times , Bill Cosby was the dream father. He believed in his children getting an education and achieving the dreams they laid out.

The thing that made me a fan of Bill Cosby was the aspect that when people blasted the show for being far fetched , Cosby didn't back down. He felt that everyone had a chance at achieving success and that it wasn't wrong that the Cosby's were a successful black family . It also didn't hurt the man was great comedy and had this interaction with children that sold him. He just knew how to get laughs with kids. He went on to do those Jello Puddin ads and Kids Say the Darnest Things show due to how he interacted onscreen with children.

I also enjoyed his stand up. There was 3-4 comedians I enjoyed watching do stand up . Robin Williams , Richard Pryor , Dave Chappelle and ...Bill Cosby. While the other guys pushed the envelope and had fun doing it , Cosby could sit down and do an hour stand up without one swear word. People would laugh as he discussed his family . How his children were , how his grand kids were. Cosby could get laughs in his 70's and 80's just being the silly grandfather.

So imagine my shock one day when I click on news articles detailing that COS , the dude who really sold family to me in the 1980's was revealed to be a sexual predator. I was stunned....NO WAY. Not the COS. He's ...he's Bill F'N Cosby. He's Cliff Huxtable. I didn't wanna believe it and thought at 1st it was some lie some were telling.

Then more women came forward....and more. Finally in reading , Janice Dickerson herself discussed in 2006 that Cosby raped her in 1981. Dickerson wanted to write about it in 2 books she wrote , but was told by her publisher Harper Collins that Cosby's lawyers would crush them. She told Howard Stern then in an interview she couldn't write about Bill Cosby . She revealed today what happened as more women came forward.

Its like learning Santa Claus is a serial killer in his off days. Not the COS. Its a big blow to a childhood In a way. Bill Cosby , a sexual predator. So sad...
    As someone that comes from a long line of Black professionals, I must say there's nothing "far fetched" about the Cosby Show.

I haven't liked Cosby ever since he fired Cockroach for having a high top fade, but allowed Theo to grow one the very next season, plus dye it red and have a rat tail. He's a judgmental hypocrite that changes the rules a he sees fit.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Errr... possible multiple counts of rape is a little more than "feet of clay". I've never heard anyone call a rapist a "character flaw".

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Errr... possible multiple counts of rape is a little more than "feet of clay". I've never heard anyone call a rapist a "character flaw".
    Oh, I'm sure somebody has, probably some arrogant, know-it-all headshrinker with enough letters after his name to fill half the alphabet. Hell, maybe there's even something in the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) that might categorize being a rapist as a "flaw" in one's character. There are apologists out there for every sort of abhorrent behavior these days.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Rape is about power and control. A man like Cosby is about power and control. Not to say he's definitely a rapist, but damn. that's a lot of claims.

Think about it like this, most men are not accused of rape. What does it say when a man is accused several times?
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So yesterday , The Cos confirmed it in 2005 he would ply women with pills and all. SAY IT ISN'T SO , COS !

Least we still have you Al Bundy. You shall be our hero as a father. A man who scored 4 TD's in a single game and never raped any women.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Few things in the world I hate more than hypocrites, but arrogant hypocrites are up there. I can barely even fathom the breathtaking level of arrogant self-delusion that would allow a guy who's done the things that it's becoming increasing apparent Cosby has done to publicly moralize at and chastise other people for their "unacceptable" behavior.