Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tom Cruise in talks to star in the Highlander for Summit

Cedric Nicolas Troyan's Highlander reboot is eyeing Tom Cruise for the role of Juan Sancehz Villa-Lobos Ramirez (presumably). I've never been a big fan of the Highlander movies or series but I can imagine this will piss a lot of fans off.

Edit I suppose that should say co-star not star.

I would be surprised to see Cruise do a Highlander reboot. It doesn't strike me as the sort of role he would be interested in.

Fantastic Member

This is funny. Just a week ago or so, I was looking for word of the Highlander reboot that I've been hearing bits about for years. Tom Cruise is the last person I expected to possibly be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    I would be surprised to see Cruise do a Highlander reboot. It doesn't strike me as the sort of role he would be interested in.
    One thing I've learned about Cruise since 2000 is that I've no idea what precisely interests him; I don't say that to bash him, but even just a cursory look at his filmography on imdb shows that his projects are all over the place, which is pretty cool I think.

But yeah, Highlander + Tom Cruise are two things I never would've put together in a million years.

BANNED

I agree, but like Cyke said if you look at the films he's done it's not that surprising. Take his role in Tropic Thunder for example.

Tom Cruise studies and commits to his roles, and gives an A1 performance every time. Such a wonderful actor....I would not mind seeing him in this role, but since he's already a part of 2 big franchises (Mission Impossible and Jack Reacher) I doubt it will happen.

It would have been nice to have someone who actually looks eqyptian in the role.

BANNED

Maybe it could deal with the emotional aspects of being an immortal a bit more.

I don't mind him in that secondary role. But it means the lead role will go to somebody younger and I'm not too pleased about it. We should all hope they don't get Jay Courtney for Conner McLoud.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    I don't mind him in that secondary role. But it means the lead role will go to somebody younger and I'm not too pleased about it. We should all hope they don't get Jay Courtney for Conner McLoud.
    Well, it would be hard to cast age-appropriate for the role seeing as how Conner's over 500 years old.

*silence and tumbleweed*

...Ahem, anyway, Lambert was 29 in the first movie, and Cruise is currently 52 (!), so surely there must be room for someone between those ages.

The character is actually supposed to be eternally, irrc, 21. He was killed during his first battle as an adult. I'm glad they casted older originally, as most actors that age are horrible.

If he does do it would Ramirez be in the movie longer this time around? This is Tom cruise we're talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    If he does do it would Ramirez be in the movie longer this time around? This is Tom cruise we're talking about...
    How much was he in tropic thunder? Or goldmember for that matter

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Surprising rumor, but I actually think it is a good fit. Sir Sean was a big name star that played the memorable supporting role the first go around. Seems like Cruise is in a similar situation for this generation's Highlander reboot. He could let loose, be flashy & flamboyant. He is entertaining when he plays non-Tom parts and breaks our expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Well, it would be hard to cast age-appropriate for the role seeing as how Conner's over 500 years old.

*silence and tumbleweed*

...Ahem, anyway, Lambert was 29 in the first movie, and Cruise is currently 52 (!), so surely there must be room for someone between those ages.
    Yea but Tom looks 35. I'm saying if they cast him for the supporting role and not the lead, knowing current Hollywood, they'll use the opportunity to put on their of their favorite vapid hunks to play Conner. Again I hope I'm wrong.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Surprising rumor, but I actually think it is a good fit. Sir Sean was a big name star that played the memorable supporting role the first go around. Seems like Cruise is in a similar situation for this generation's Highlander reboot. He could let loose, be flashy & flamboyant. He is entertaining when he plays non-Tom parts and breaks our expectations.
    Agreed. I can see him in the Ramirez role.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy