Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Korean Superhero White Fox To Join Marvel's Avengers

The hero debuted in Korea's "Avengers Electric Rain" webtoon and will make her way into the main Marvel continuity.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    "The character has proven to be so popular that we’ve decided to take it from Korea," said Cebulski in the translated article. "She’ll be joining the Avengers characters in the U.S. comic series..."
    So exciting! I can't wait to see how Marvel adapts her to render her more palatable to American audiences! Instead of being from Korea, she should be from Manhattan's Koreatown . . . and she should be only half Korean . . . or maybe half Chinese.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kpop View Post
    So exciting! I can't wait to see how Marvel adapts her to render her more palatable to American audiences! Instead of being from Korea, she should be from Manhattan's Koreatown . . . and she should be only half Korean . . . or maybe half Chinese.
    Nooooo. Let foreign characters be foreign. Don't pull a Disney Big Hero 6 with her. I don't even know this character but I don't want to see an Americanized version of her.

Cool. I hope they keep her Korean heritage. It'd be nice to see a character that actually originated from another culture make her way into the mainstream 616.

Fantastic Member

I'm cool with all of this, as long as they remove the "F" from the front of her costume. Put a white fox head silhouette there or something. But a stenciled "F" looks pretty cheesy.
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.

Is she the yet-to-be-named-Korean-woman shown in the Age of Ultron preview beside Thor ??

Nah, just kidding.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Is she the yet-to-be-named-Korean-woman shown in the Age of Ultron preview beside Thor ??

Nah, just kidding.
    O_o

I hope this turns out to be true.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kpop View Post
    You do realize that Marvel had virtually nothing to do with the production of Big Hero 6 right besides the initial comics that inspired it?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So doesn't look Korean... Also she has very odd anime proportions.

i'd love to see a sub of this

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    You do realize that Marvel had virtually nothing to do with the production of Big Hero 6 right besides the initial comics that inspired it?
    Indeed. Marvel isn't even making the tie-in comic for Big Hero 6.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    So doesn't look Korean... Also she has very odd anime proportions.
    The art shown is from the Korean webcomic which is probably anime. This isn't artwork from Marvel. I would say she wont debut in the Avengers comic until after the current storyline runs it's course, so later this spring or early summer at best?

BANNED

So, and this is a legitimate question, not sarcasm, since I know absolutely nothing about the character; what exactly qualifies her to be in the Marvel universe?

Which Avengers book? I mean, I don't see Hickman or Remender adding her to their books.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Sound cool, but she desperately needs a redesign. Hopefully, whatever writer brings her in is actually interested in using the character.
    Cyclops was right