Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kpop View Post
    Indeed. And yet, in this enlightened new age of seeking diversity in comics, Marvel is also making the decision not to reprint any of the initial comics that inspired it, let alone feature the original Japanese team that inspired it in any future comics. Weird, huh?
    That's because Marvel and DC focuses so much on their movies so much that they don't want their comics to contradict what is produced on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    she might be a bit redundant with white tiger though, i do think she'd be a cool addition though and al ewing loves playing up characters' powers. i'm interested in seeing the full extent of her powers, i'm hoping she's not just a female sabretooth.
    When two white makes are on a team is one of them usually considered redundant?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disco_Magic View Post
    I'm cool with all of this, as long as they remove the "F" from the front of her costume. Put a white fox head silhouette there or something. But a stenciled "F" looks pretty cheesy.
    I don't know about cheesy, but the 'F' has to go. It immediately screams 'Failure.'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    It's just the way people have been conditioned.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    i don't see how your comment is relevant seeing as white tiger and white fox aren't the same race. however, yes, usually teams try not to have characters with the same power set.

take that F on her abdomen the F off

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    On the other side, making her Korean-American is again making the USA the center of the world. It is what Disney/Hollywood keep doing: ignore the foreign coutries. Everything must happen in USA, everybody must be american.
    Cars 2 ignored other countries?

BANNED

Anyone know what her powers are?

i'm sorry but this seems like an absolutely terrible idea. from concept to design, she looks completely awful.

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    I don't agree that it's "always treated" that way, but i do agree that Asian-Americans could use a more prominent representation.

Naming a few Asian-American actor's who have solid work... there's John Cho, Daniel Dae Kim, Booboo Stewart, Ryan Potter, Steven Yeun, Ian Anthony Dale, Justin Chon, Aaron Yoo, Grace Park, Lucy Liu, Maggie Q (born in Hawaii but lives and works in the US), Masi Oki (born in Japan but working in the US), Celina Jade, Jamie Chung, Arden Cho, Malese Jow, Nikki SooHoo (up and coming), Pisay Pao. In doing some brief research.
    ...but being born in Hawaii would still make her an American.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

yeah, ask Barack Obama about that...
    I surrender to the Contest

like you said, those characters are already established. meanwhile this is marvel integrating a character into the main marvel universe, that's usually worthy of press whenever they do it. also, that's not the best marketing strategy. you can't bring in a new character then make them unimportant. if you want to bring in a new character and have them fit, they need to be worthy of reading.
    Exactly right. We had the same complaints when Ms. Marvel got all this press over people like Dust or Faiza Hussain, and people argued if Marvel wanted a high profile Muslim hero they could've just used those two instead. It seems to ignore that chances are recycling already created characters rarely brings that sort of press.

Yeah guys we can actually have more than one asian character in the marvel u. Just because white fox is here doesn't mean Amadeus cho and sunfire won't be

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    I don't agree that it's "always treated" that way,
    Heh. Asian American Performers Action Coalition did a survey of characters Asian actors played in New York, and it's actually 80-90% of the time that the characters are non-American. And there's a similar study for California.

So it's not an unjustified complaint.

i really got excited about her character, unique and looks so badass, cool character bring from korean, marvel never put a character from that country, this is amazing!!
    white fox!!