Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

It's a masterpiece, it's complex and at the same time very straight forward. I will say it again a must have for all comic book fans.

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    So, any philosophy motivated by "selfishness" is invalid, while other philosophies motivated by altruism is valid? .
    That is an oversimplification, but maybe-kinda? In this case, yeah Rand was full of shit.

Are we to say that liberalism is "rubbish"
    I tend to. Not as much as I say it about conservatism, but frequently enough,

because of its tendencies towards "Orientalism"?
    Or the promotion of Western values vis-a-vis "The White Man's Burden"?
    Those are some of the reasons, yeah. But to be fair, conservatism does the same.
    They're such a false dichotomy that you almost forget they're two sides to the same
    coin.

How about "Collectivism"?
    Collectivism pre-dates history. It's not fair to put it up there with those other things.

Again, it's all rubbish,
    Those examples... Yeah, more or less.

since all philosophical and theological studies are designed to explore avenues towards a utopian dream that cannot and does not exist in reality, which judges present circumstances as flawed while attempting change Man.
    The famous anarchist Emma Goldman never wrote a plan of action. She understood
    that any sort of list of demands or goals would come up short since our own views are
    limited to our own present perspective. I don't say this to advocate anarchist
    philosophy so much as that attitude. Things are flawed, things have been flawed,
    things have not always been flawed in the same exact way but in many ways it has
    and the world is a huge complicated mess. It's our place to sort through this mess and
    try to make it better by virtue of being here, being part of it, being aware and being able
    to do so. Maybe utopia is an unreachable goal but it's the path there that will reap the
    rewards.

And while I am not a fan of Objectivism (I am into Daoism, myself), I don't see why it is an invalid philosophy simply because of its moral and political overtones. I certainly do not see Marxism, Conservatism or any other political-philosophy to be unworthy of study. But, it's not my place to judge, lest I be judge, on the merits of a movement, or its adherents and critics alike.
    It is your place to judge... and be judged... philosophically at least. Some ideas are
    good, some are bad; ask questions and do your research. Just as, we should not be
    above having our own ideas be questioned if they're done so reasonably. This sort of
    dialogue is how ideas progress.

All-New Member

Hello, i just registered to ask some questions. Sorry for my English also if i write something wrong. English is not my mother language.

So the thing is that i understand, vice presedent harley have a plan. He will make Peacemaker kill (vice president) and then Captain Atom will resurrect him and he will be something like Jesus. So if i am right what was the point of killing Captain Atom from the universe? I understood that it was commanded by president Harley.

Spectacular Member

My understanding was that it was the vice president (acting according to the Gentry) who had Captain Atom removed from the universe, so that Harley's plan couldn't happen and the corruption of the Gentry wouldn't be removed.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    My understanding was that it was the vice president (acting according to the Gentry) who had Captain Atom removed from the universe, so that Harley's plan couldn't happen and the corruption of the Gentry wouldn't be removed.
    Yes i understood it also after reading it once more. It is the vice president (nightshade's father) who removed the Atom from the universe. And i think also President Hurley know that something will happen to Atom. Because when they talk over the bridge, Atom was saying that they will trying to kill him. But he also knows that Atom will come back.

So i'm really excited for the next issue of pax americana.

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by galeme View Post
    Yes i understood it also after reading it once more. It is the vice president (nightshade's father) who removed the Atom from the universe. And i think also President Hurley know that something will happen to Atom. Because when they talk over the bridge, Atom was saying that they will trying to kill him. But he also knows that Atom will come back.

So i'm really excited for the next issue of pax americana.
    I'm sorry but it doesn't quite work like that. Pax Americana isn't a series unto its self, but rather part of a nine issue series involving multiple Earths. The books involved in the story are; Multiverity #1 ,Society of Superheroes, The Just, Pax Americana, Thunderworld, Multiversity Guidebook, Mastermen, Ultraa Comics& Multiversity #2. The first five are out.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner 6655321 View Post
    I'm sorry but it doesn't quite work like that. Pax Americana isn't a series unto its self, but rather part of a nine issue series involving multiple Earths. The books involved in the story are; Multiverity #1 ,Society of Superheroes, The Just, Pax Americana, Thunderworld, Multiversity Guidebook, Mastermen, Ultraa Comics& Multiversity #2. The first five are out.
    Yes i know that. I mean the next issue Multiversity Guidebook is the one i'm excited. But i didn't know the other incoming issues' name. Thanks for that.