Default A Thai Cinema Chain Pulls Mockingjay: Part 1

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/11/2...thai-theaters/

According to this article, a Thai cinema chain has pulled The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1. It's due to a three finger salute within the film, or films, and what it's brought about, seemingly. Thai protesters seemingly have taken to using it, in relation to their objection to the coup.

I don't exactly know what coup, haven't been following such political movements, or goings on in Thailand, but felt I still had to post this, somewhere here, or out there.

Apparently, pulling the film isn't to do with the protests, but to do with politics.

Of course, I can't help but think consenting adults should be able to see what films they like, whatever politicial sides, or neautrality, or sexual, violent, or profane content.

That teenagers should be able to see a film rated 12 A like this one, even if a bit, likely, scary, hard to watch and emotionally affecting. It's hopefully a good one, even if a half of one, or one in its' own right, depending on ones' views therein. When it comes to split films, you see.

Culmination of a trilogy, another YA adap, see how it does the book, or the various actors, or a late actor like the late, great Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

And, lean towards feeling like these people should be able to see it if they want to, even if it's bringing about change, anger, certain salutes and all that. For better or worse. Long as it doesn't result in kidnapping, murder, or torture, should be okay, and a right, perhaps a need.

Though, as I said in the title, it is a Thai cinema chain, with other, non-Apex chains showing the films regardless, so that is something.

What does everyone here think of this news? Good publicity, for the film?

Good attention for Thailand, what's happening? Or, simply, a poor choice, regardless?

Saw someone compare this to nick at nite and nbc pulling cosby. It's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Saw someone compare this to nick at nite and nbc pulling cosby. It's not even close.
    Indeed. Very different reasons, situations, implications and consequences.