Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default ALL AXIS PASS: Remender on Inverted Mutants, Doom, & Daredevil Vs. Tony Stark

Rick Remender discusses "AXIS" #6, which saw inverted mutants wreak havoc, Doctor Doom embrace democracy, and Sabretooth on the side of the angels!

Full article here.

This is the worst event Marvel has done in a while. I wish the majority of the books I get weren't tied into it. Hopefully Secret Wars reboots the universe making it easier for me to drop most of these incredibly overpriced comics.
    Far out.

I hope this is not building up to the death of Wasp and Havok. (both still missing from the solicits)

Mystique? Caring? Fat chance

I recall it mentioned by Xavier that Mystique's powers protect her from his and other forms of psychic influence (not that he would even want to read her mind), so I'm betting that she's not really inverted at all and is just faking niceness until she can make a power-play and backstab everybody in her usual fashion.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kanbe View Post
    This is the worst event Marvel has done in a while.
    Someone says this about every single event.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    [...]
    I'm betting that she's not really inverted at all and is just faking niceness
    I think she was on Genosha, I'd have to check again, but if memory serves she was so she's genuinely inverted.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kanbe View Post
    This is the worst event Marvel has done in a while. I wish the majority of the books I get weren't tied into it. Hopefully Secret Wars reboots the universe making it easier for me to drop most of these incredibly overpriced comics.
    While I don't agree on the reboot idea, I wholeheartedly agree that this is easily the worst event I've read since Fear Itself, but at least FI seemed to have an internal logic. This just seems to be haphazard nonsense.

However, I can't lie: I am perversely interested in seeing where Remender takes Sabretooth, both in this series and in the new Uncanny Avengers. I've always loved the character, and it's nice to see him in the spotlight, even if he's had a slight change of allegiances.

Another thing, I don't want to hear any variation on the word "inversion" for at least 6 months after this event wraps. It's been said so often (both in the book and in interviews) that it has no meaning for me anymore.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by VJ. View Post
    I think she was on Genosha, I'd have to check again, but if memory serves she was so she's genuinely inverted.
    And again, Mystique is supposedly immune to psychic powers according to Xavier. The inversion effect is psychic-based from what I'm understanding about it.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

That's not Polaris, Dave Richards.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

And again, Mystique is supposedly immune to psychic powers according to Xavier. The inversion effect is psychic-based from what I'm understanding about it.
    Considering Scarlet Witch and Dr. Doom cast the spell (keyword), it doesn't have to be psychic in nature.

Fantastic Member

As I understand it it's it's a magic thing, not psychic one.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Mystique is inverted because Scarlet witch and Dr Doom cast a SPELL that inverted everyone present on Genosha. This has nothing to do with phychic power
    X-Men Forever

I recall it mentioned by Xavier that Mystique's powers protect her from his and other forms of psychic influence (not that he would even want to read her mind), so I'm betting that she's not really inverted at all and is just faking niceness until she can make a power-play and backstab everybody in her usual fashion.
    Except that this is magical, not psychic.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

*fake enthusiasm* Whoooo!!! Wanda and Pietro's parentage shall be retconned for movie rights!

Amazing Member

There are far too many complaints to be levelled at this stupid book, but I'm going to stick with one:
    Since when were "ALL" Marvel heroes shrunk to sub-atomic size?

Y'see, I remember something from ages ago, aka last issue, wherein reference was made to "all Avengers" being called in. Even though, y'know, only a couple dozen were shown and it didn't come close to matching the numbers shown in either Heroes Return or Disassembled, I accepted it for the plot device it was. But how did that turn into "ALL heroes" by issue #6? Come on, Remender, at least get your own lazy plotting straight.

Spectacular Member Sad Superman's Avatar

The story's been okay so far.

What really bothers me is the constant swapping of artists. One artist an Act makes sense and fits the demands of an event schedule but they haven't managed to even do that.

They've just been swapping artists on the fly and it feels like they're just using whatever artist is around at the time.

Infinity was an event that spun out of an ongoing storyline and it worked. I don't think this is at all.