Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    And again, Mystique is supposedly immune to psychic powers according to Xavier. The inversion effect is psychic-based from what I'm understanding about it.
    so is supposed to be Loki. And i remember that alos Carnage and Sabretooth were at times said to be immune to mind control that with symbiosis and wolverine-claw-to-the-head thing.
    BUT
    A possilbe explanation could be:
    a) it was't just a psionic attack but a form of exorcism made up on the moment combining different types of magic to affect a powerfull purely psychic entity like it is onslaught(remember in the old times not even ALL the heroes of MU werent able to do much against him and mutants and reality warpers just made him more powerful. Only Chaos magic seemed to work a little)
    b) The inversion is not as complete change as much as an axis change. Loki is still Loki and seem to be the only one realizing something is wrong, and Sabretooth seem more like his AoA coutnerpart in behaviour(doubt he will be allowed to redeem himself...fandom is cruel superstitious lot..). So Mystique could feel more compelled to act like a decent person but still be Mistique....After all there ha dbeen times where she acted like a more three dimensional character rather than the flat psychovillain she had been portraied in latest years.

Ultimate Member

Except that the inversions are MAGICAL in nature. So being immune to psychic influence doesn't mean a darn thing in this case. And yes, this IS the worst Marvel event in awhile. It feels rushed, poorly planned, they cannot keep the continuity straight between the books, there are numerous plot-holes, and the whole concept is just so unappealing and frankly boring.

The worst Marvel crossovers I've read this decade are

BOTA
    Age of Ultron
    AXIS

And that's not even from a characterisation POV. Just poorly scripted and organised in general.

Mighty Member

I think AXIS is a really good Event.I love the Idea of Inversions good people are bad and bad people are good.The Tie-ins are Great While this is not the best Event.It ranks higher then Fear Itself and Original Sin.The oney good Change that came out of that Event is Thor is Unworthy and the New Thor
    So Far AXIS is a fun Event

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    I agree, this is a fun read.
    Agreed. This event has been a very fun read for me. My only complaint so far tho is the random artists. Kubert, Yu and Dodson are all great artists but their styles are so unique and different from each other that its unnecessarily distracting. Woulda been awesome if they got Yu to draw the whole thing.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    He still stepped up for it so he shares responsibility ... I stand corrected, than he IS at fault. This event is so poorly planned and the Tie-Ins and Main Issues literally contradict each other. Where is the Quality Control? Where's the Oversight? Where's the Good Writing?
    Don't get me wrong, Remender's totally at fault for the poor writing and plotting of the book. It just seemed to me that it might have been someone else's idea to make it an "event," which has since been disproven. So yeah, Remender's totally at fault, though editorial enabling him didn't help, either.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetoWasRight View Post
    ...It's a fun to read and if ya don't like it... why buy it?
    I can't speak for anyone else, but my reason's for buying it are two-fold.

A) Despite its quality, it will affect the X-Line going forward, and I want to be in the know in regards to what happened.
    B) Call me diseased, but I have this condition that forces me to buy an entire miniseries once I've gotten the first couple parts. It's probably because I don't like seeing incomplete minis in my bins. This is the only reason I finished Final Crisis, ugh.
    Last edited by Sam Robards, Comic Fan; 11-20-2014 at 04:38 PM. Reason: typo
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but my reason's for buying it are two-fold.

A) Despite its quality, it will affect the X-Line going forward, and I want to be in the know in regards to what happened.
    B) Call me diseased, but I have this condition that forces me to buy an entire miniseries once I've gotten the first couple parts. It's probably because I don't like seeing incomplete minis in my bins. This is the only reason I finished Final Crisis, ugh.
    Not sure if this form of "intervention" will help, but I usually buy the first issue and the last of these ridiculously long and padded "events" and find out everything I need to know about them. Age of Ulton, BOTA and Original Sin were 3 of the worst offenders.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The worst Marvel crossovers I've read this decade are

BOTA
    Age of Ultron
    AXIS

And that's not even from a characterisation POV. Just poorly scripted and organised in general.
    At least Age of Ultron was clearly a finished event that was rejiggered for the post-AvX world and used as a set up for many of the problems that plague the MU today.

All-New Member

rifles on the various mantle places
    ... mantlepieces

BANNED

This event is a hot piece of crap and it's plain to see. It's going to all be undone like every other poorly thought Remender arc.

Spectacular Member

This "event" is pretty good to me so far. So many good guys acting bad (and vice versa) all at once is a thin concept that's been done before, but it presents some interesting character moments. For instance, in the past when Rogue or Nightcrawler would confront their mother about her shitty upbringing, the reader knew what they would be in for - existential hand-wringing by Nightcrawler/Rogue followed by a flippant "c'est la vie" by Raven. Now they callous, murderous thugs out to commit matricide, with Mystique's pleas for understanding falling on deaf ears.

Axis is feels very retro to me. A simple concept that affects a large group of heroes and villains for a couple of months before everything is set back to the status quo. Sure, there will be ramifications - will Tony's drinking habit return for awhile? When the spell is undone, will anyone be missed? Will anti-mutant sentiment reach higher levels than ever before? - but it's just a money-driven plot by Marvel that can easily be skipped by readers if they don't want to read it. Just like most events.

Lol, CBR asks 3 questions on inverted Wanda and ZERO about inverted Rogue. SMH
    Last edited by jen; 11-20-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Lol, CBR asks 3 questions on inverted Wanda and ZERO about inverted Rogue. SMH
    Speaking of which, we haven't heard a peep from he presumeably inverted passenger, Simon. Wonder what the deal is there? To come I'm sure.
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Speaking of which, we haven't heard a peep from he presumeably inverted passenger, Simon. Wonder what the deal is there? To come I'm sure.
    Exactly. I bet there is something to inverted Rogue and her ionic passenger, Wonderman.