Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    This event is a hot piece of crap and it's plain to see. It's going to all be undone like every other poorly thought Remender arc.
    The event itself was pretty good.....until the end of issue 3. Then it just avoided the slippery slope and jumped off the bridge into crap. The only good part of the event at this point is the inverted villains since they actually have depth. The inverted heroes are so one-dimensional that they might as well tie someone to railroad track before stroking their mustache.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Exactly. I bet there is something to inverted Rogue and her ionic passenger, Wonderman.
    Mweheheheeeeee! Hopefully LOVE!

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    Adding... what happened to Ahab?

What happened to Evan? Is Evan Apocalypse? Did Evan die? Where did all that Apocalypse Tech come from? Why do I need a message board to answer these questions for me?
    Nightcrawler is now cosplaying as Ahab and is Rachel's Hound Master because the Deadpool writer felt that he wasn't being disrespectful enough to the characters and had to outdo himself.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 11-21-2014 at 01:21 AM.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Nightcrawler is now cosplaying as Ahab and is Rachel's Hound Master because the Deadpool writer felt he wasn't being disrespectful enough to the characters.
    There was a random panel with Rachel as hound in the Poccy twins backstory in Uncanny Avengers. Possibly related? It might be a Remender mandated inclusion.
    "Self has no time for this."

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    There was a random panel with Rachel as hound in the Poccy twins backstory in Uncanny Avengers. Possibly related? It might be a Remender mandated inclusion.
    That was in a far future and even than I didn't like it but I overlooked it as it wasn't the Rachel we know.

Seems to me that RR REALLY hates Rachel's character as she's either absent or she's a Hound. I'm sure he bought the Deadpool writer a beer after this conversion.

Deadpool Writer (He isn't worthy of being named): "I want Rachel as a Hound again with her old hair-style/costume, even if it makes zero sense, and Nightcrawler cosplaying as Ahab and holding her "chain" on her "not collar"!
    RR: I didn't invert her though. Heck, I forgot she even existed and does Nightcrawler even remember what regular Ahab even looks like when he's only in a lap coat?
    Deadpool Writer: Really? Huh... Oh! I know! Storm is why Rachel and everyone at the school is Inverted!
    RR: How?
    Deadpool Writer: RO is a big threat, right?
    RR: Yes....?
    Deadpool Writer: So Storm has all the Staff and kids shipped off to fight him!
    RR: Even Nature Girl?
    Deadpool Writer: Especially Nature Girl.
    RR: But I never had Storm mention this, this goes against her entire character, and this isn't shown or brought up anywhere else. At all.
    Deadpool Writer: Hey.
    RR: What?
    Deadpool Writer: It's a Deadpool book. They wont question it, they'll accept it because it means Zenpool gets to randomly fight Inverted X-Men at the school and make puns and dirty remarks about Nightcrawler and Rachel being into "that" stuff despite their close non-blood family relationship that they share. Very kinky, right?
    RR: I'm sold, ship it.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 11-21-2014 at 01:36 AM.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Seems to me everyone that is inverted are doing things for seperate reasons. However the X-men all are inverted to human hating hench men for Apocalypse. Even worse Jean is from the past and has not gone thru the same things the other X-men have so why does she exhibit the same inversion as them? Also everyone else seem to realize something is wrong with them but the X-men. Finally if the entire school was at Genosha why did Magneto have to fly away by himself? Why didn't he just have Rachael contact Magik?

Amazing Member

The most important part of the event... was so vague... the READER wasn't even sure the inversion happened?
    Exactly how I felt. It was particularly bizarre, because I read it alongside AXIS: Hobgoblin, which actually starts with a fourth-wall-breaking appeal to "Read AXIS first so you can see why villains are acting like heroes now". I did, and I still had no idea. It took something like three more issues for Remender to finally explicitly describe this as having happened.

What happened to Evan? Is Evan Apocalypse? Did Evan die? Where did all that Apocalypse Tech come from? Why do I need a message board to answer these questions for me?
    I feel so bad for poor lil Evan. He was such an interesting character, another one of these Victor Mancha-like "heroes with a doomed future", where you can't help rooting for them the whole time. And then Remender just throws it all out the window by flipping an off-screen switch, bringing Apocalypse back, and abandoning all Genesis character development from the past several years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    At least Age of Ultron was clearly a finished event that was rejiggered for the post-AvX world and used as a set up for many of the problems that plague the MU today.
    AoU is the prelude to everything that leads up to the Incursions happening in Avengers and NA, X-Men (aka BOTA), some sprinkling of Hickmans FF run and the upcoming SW which ties up all the knots.

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I think AXIS is a really good Event.I love the Idea of Inversions good people are bad and bad people are good.The Tie-ins are Great While this is not the best Event.It ranks higher then Fear Itself and Original Sin.The oney good Change that came out of that Event is Thor is Unworthy and the New Thor
    So Far AXIS is a fun Event
    Yeah, I'm liking this much better thant BotA, Original Sin, Fear Itself, and Age of Ultron. And everything Remender said about Sabretooth and why he'll be interesting to explore in Uncanny Avengers is spot on IMO.

It's like having the Wolverine of old back, in the sense that everyone was wary of him because he was kind of a psycho and extremely unpredictable. Back in the 80s many of the heroes even referred to him as a "psycho" or "Shorty Psycho", things like that. I seem to remember a lot of that in the original Secret War, for example.

Yes, Creed is worse than Logan for a lot of reasons, but that same general sense of mystery and wariness around the character is what I'm referring to here.

Mighty Member

I think by the end,Most will go back to where they where before the Inverted spell begane and some like Sabertooth will stay the same hence the new Uncanny Avengers Cover

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I think by the end,Most will go back to where they where before the Inverted spell begane and some like Sabertooth will stay the same hence the new Uncanny Avengers Cover
    why wouldn't they cure him instead?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, I'm liking this much better thant BotA, Original Sin, Fear Itself, and Age of Ultron. And everything Remender said about Sabretooth and why he'll be interesting to explore in Uncanny Avengers is spot on IMO.

It's like having the Wolverine of old back, in the sense that everyone was wary of him because he was kind of a psycho and extremely unpredictable. Back in the 80s many of the heroes even referred to him as a "psycho" or "Shorty Psycho", things like that. I seem to remember a lot of that in the original Secret War, for example.

Yes, Creed is worse than Logan for a lot of reasons, but that same general sense of mystery and wariness around the character is what I'm referring to here.
    Yeah, he's basically Wolverine before he got his balls removed.

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

I have no idea what is going on right now. There should really be two books, Axis: Avengers and Axis: X-Men. Launch one every other week. It just feels incredibly rushed. I want to know the motivations behind the heroes right now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
    I have no idea what is going on right now. There should really be two books, Axis: Avengers and Axis: X-Men. Launch one every other week. It just feels incredibly rushed. I want to know the motivations behind the heroes right now.
    No no no. No motivations. Just fighting! Think Transformers movies.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSpin View Post
    Not sure if this form of "intervention" will help, but I usually buy the first issue and the last of these ridiculously long and padded "events" and find out everything I need to know about them. Age of Ulton, BOTA and Original Sin were 3 of the worst offenders.
    This is so true. I think House of M was the grand daddy of this.
    Game Over man! Game Over!