Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vonter Voman View Post
    I'd say they shouldn't consider Adam Hughes since he only did covers and those origin pages, but they included Garcia Lopez and Bolland...

When Paquette drew some issues (or one issue) of WW, it was quite bad. Now he's awesome.
    I disagree. It's true his style has evolved, but he was awesome then too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    I was looking at Paquette's earlier work and he wasnt this good at first. He's come a long, long way. Apart from all the panel work that he manages to do even on monthly books like Swamp Thing, i just admire the realism of the poses and the movement they convey. With all due respect, but all these artists of the Jim Lee school, artists like Daniel, Finch, etc, they just draw a person posing like how Schwargenegger would pose for his muscle tournaments. You never feel that they're actually moving, more like standing mid air pumping their muscles. It's 2014 and Daniel cant draw a proper crotch, and like Liefeld, he cant draw a proper hand holding an object.

Here's a Tony S. Daniel proper crotch and a proper hand holding an object, all in one.

BANNED

Paquette is going to blow everyone out of the water when All-Star comes out. I mean look at that panel work!

Nothing special. All I see is copycating JH Williams and not living up to it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    the layouts, but the pencils are very different

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I can't believe Byrne is so high on the list!?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I can't believe Byrne is so high on the list!?
    He has 2.9% of the vote I'd hardly consider that high.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    That's high considering his Wonder Woman run.

BANNED

Jimenez made me run out and actually buy back issues of a comic for the first and last time in my life when I saw his first Wonder Woman work in tje gods of Gotham mini-collection. Stories in the run were horrible but the art...wow. He had to get my vote.

Even if he is copying Williams, he's doing a marvelous job at it. Not many people can draw like that. And i dont mean the panels, i mean the shapes, the movement, the "fluidity" of the scenes.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    He's high in that there are way too many better artists below him.

And if this were a writer's poll, he should be dead last.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Maybe he is getting votes by people who actually didn't see his work on the WW book, and are basing their votes on his other works.

Amazing Member

It's Pérez all the way. Just look at the cover gallery of the post-Crisis Wonder Woman series for most of the first 60 issues. Issue 7 with the Olympian gods viewing a Wonder Woman surrounded in water (while Olympus itself is an Escheresque marvel). Issue 10 with its wraparound/gatefold cover. Issue 14 with Diana in a jubilant flight over Paradise Island while the other Amazons (who don't resemble each other) look on. Issue 15, introducing the new Silver Swan--the cover is a masterpiece of blue and white (with Diana in agony from the Swan's scream). Issue 20's newspaper mock-up (the black-and-white "photo" of Diana, obviously distraught at her publicist's death). Issue 29 with Diana lying on the floor unconscious while the Cheetah, behind a massive tangle of vines looks on. Issue 32 with a torso shot of Diana and heads galore (and each face is unique).

Not that I have anything against most of the other artists in the poll but Pérez was the first to draw a REAL WONDER Woman.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Daniel cant draw a proper crotch, and like Liefeld, he cant draw a proper hand holding an object.
    I noticed the poorly drawn crotch before you even pointed it out lol

not sure if...

Anyway, I voted for Drew Johnson.

If Doug Mahnke was an option, I'd vote for him. Loved his WW since JLA. Pretty much everyone mentioned in this thread - on the poll or not - I think are good WW artists... It's hard for me to not like pictures of WW after all!
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

I really think that Perez and Jimenez are the definitive WW artists of the modern era, but...

I have to vote for Adam Hughes. That character design was so strong and made such a big impact. When you bought the comic there were two events. What was going on with the character inside the book and then whatever this character (who was obviously not the WW in the comic, but was so much a Wonder Woman) was doing on the cover. And it has to be noted that she is the only Wonder Woman who has never actually "said" anything.

There were honestly times I just bought the comic for the cover.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Much as I love Perez and Jiminez and Chiang and Hughes, I voted for Garcia Lopez. It was his Diana in the early 80's that I fell in love with (he did mostly covers and DC promo stuff).

He also did do some covers later on during Byrne's run.