Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default Poll: Who is Your All-Time Favorite Wonder Woman Artist?

Who is Your All-Time Favorite Wonder Woman Artist?

With David Finch taking over art duties on DC Comics' "Wonder Woman" this week, who stands as your all-time favorite Wonder Woman artist?

Vote on the poll here.

BANNED

Cliff Chiang

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'll probably vote for Phil Jimenez but Terry Dodson and Nicola Scott are both close runner-ups.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Man, this is a tough one. I like Chiang's style, but Perez, Jimenez, and Scott are all awesome.

I'd have to go with Phil overall.

Definitely George Perez.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Ross Andru and Mike Esposito
    Last edited by My Two Cents; 11-20-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Ugh, there are so many great ones, all for different reasons!

I love Perez, Jimenez, Scott, Hughes, Johnson, Dodson... even Deodato and Moder make my list!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Paquette is going to blow everyone out of the water when All-Star comes out. I mean look at that panel work!

Last edited by Dr. Hurt; 11-20-2014 at 09:07 PM.

BANNED

1. Adam Hughes
    2. Yanick Paquette
    3. Drew Johnson
    4. Amanda Conner
    5. Nicola Scott

BANNED

^3.5 Tony S. Daniel

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Paquette is going to blow everyone out of the water when All-Star comes out. I mean look at that panel work!

*drools* The one of (what I assume is) the Invisible Plane flying over Paradise Island is great too. Paquette is already one of my favorite WW artists just from these sneak peaks. The more I learn of Earth One, the more I wish Morrison had been in charge of the New 52 Wonder Woman.

Perez, Jimenez, Chiang and Dodson are favorites as well. Dodson is the only reason I even hold on to the Heinberg run. That image of WW surrounded by all her foes is one of my favorites.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    *drools* The one of (what I assume is) the Invisible Plane flying over Paradise Island is great too. Paquette is already one of my favorite WW artists just from these sneak peaks. The more I learn of Earth One, the more I wish Morrison had been in charge of the New 52 Wonder Woman.

Perez, Jimenez, Chiang and Dodson are favorites as well. Dodson is the only reason I even hold on to the Heinberg run. That image of WW surrounded by all her foes is one of my favorites.
    The main reason I like Paquette is he was totally overlooked during his run on the book. He carved out his own unique niche that seemed completely unnoticed at the time. I noticed it and loved it and that's why he goes down as one of my favorites.

I was looking at Paquette's earlier work and he wasnt this good at first. He's come a long, long way. Apart from all the panel work that he manages to do even on monthly books like Swamp Thing, i just admire the realism of the poses and the movement they convey. With all due respect, but all these artists of the Jim Lee school, artists like Daniel, Finch, etc, they just draw a person posing like how Schwargenegger would pose for his muscle tournaments. You never feel that they're actually moving, more like standing mid air pumping their muscles. It's 2014 and Daniel cant draw a proper crotch, and like Liefeld, he cant draw a proper hand holding an object.

I guess i didnt need to go on this rant, but it grinds my gears when DC keeps calling these guys "superstar artists". If they are superstar artists, then people like Paquette and Williams are Michelangelo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post

Nothing special. All I see is copycating JH Williams and not living up to it.