Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I miss the pants suit though.

Fantastic Member

I voted for Hughes. If we'd had two votes, would have added Dodson.

I really didn't like Chiang's style, but I know a ton of people (a) loved that recent run and (b) probably like the art style too.

This poll has been interesting ... I have been going back and looking over the various artists work on WW over the years, I find that for me there are maybe 4 buckets/types of WW art

1. Perez influenced (for lack of a better descriptor) ... curly haired, feminine and powerful, but not necessarily "sexy" ... Byrne (at least some of his work), Jiminez and Thompson fit here for me
    2. Cheesecake ... I'm talking about you Deodato
    3. DC House influenced ... a lot of really standard stuff out there really ... some excellent work, but lacks defining character from one artist to the next ... a lot of the Pre-Crisis work would fit here for me, pretty consistent actually, which isn't a bad thing!
    4. Highly stylized ... Chiang and Peter really own these beautiful and unique artistic takes on WW

Anyway ... just a bit of fun looking back at old images

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by santino27 View Post

I really didn't like Chiang's style, but I know a ton of people (a) loved that recent run and (b) probably like the art style too.
    Ditto! ITA

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    Much as I love Perez and Jiminez and Chiang and Hughes, I voted for Garcia Lopez. It was his Diana in the early 80's that I fell in love with (he did mostly covers and DC promo stuff).
    If not for Dodson's work I probably would have gone for Garcia-Lopez as well. He's already the best Superman artist of all-time in my book, and his WW was fantastic as well.

Spectacular Member

Mike Deodato. He should come back.

Quote Originally Posted by santino27 View Post

I very slowly grew to like Chiang's work although he's still a long way from being my favorite WW artist. That would be Perez--who's probably my all-time favorite comics artist period--although I'm always onboard for Terry Dodson and wish Aaron Lopresti got more kudos for his gorgeous work during that otherwise-meh Gail Simone run.

Adam Hughes no contest! Followed by Bolland & Garcia-Lopez. All 3 are Masters of the craft.

I hate very curly haired wonder woman, too much hair.

Garcia-Lopez is one of DC's best artists ever, I love just about everything he renders! Lopresti was very underrated as a WW artist. Other top WW aritsts for me would be Dodson, Hughes, Chiang and Deodato Jr.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post

Garcia-Lopez is one of DC's best artists ever, I love just about everything he renders! Lopresti was very underrated as a WW artist. Other top WW aritsts for me would be Dodson, Hughes, Chiang and Deodato Jr.

Lopresti is a underrated penciller. Bernard chang did some solid issues too

I voted for H.G. Peter, Chang comes in second, then Perez.

Those are really the only stand out ones too, in my opinion. There have been a lot of great covers though
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

None of the above. My choice would be Doug Mahnke. If I had to choose someone on the list it would be Hughes.

Perez is a master but I've never been a fan of the 1980s Dolly Parton hair he gives all the women he draws.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Much as Perez's WW art is amazeballs, I preferred his JLA Diana from the early 80's to his post-Crisis one.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    Much as Perez's WW art is amazeballs, I preferred his JLA Diana from the early 80's to his post-Crisis one.

I'd have to agree based solely on the way Perez drew her hair. I prefer Diana with straight hair instead of curly. I know the curly hair looks more Greek but I like the sleek, smooth look for her better.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.