Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Double post opps
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 11-21-2014 at 01:55 AM.
    X-Men Forever

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    No, Nova is to blame. He messed up Wanda/Strange plan which lead them to get captured and then when Quentin passed out Red Onslaught's TP caused it to affect everyone.

So yep, Nova as usual screws up.
    I agree on the last part, but nova cant ruin a spell he cant cast.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    No, Nova is to blame. He messed up Wanda/Strange plan which lead them to get captured and then when Quentin passed out Red Onslaught's TP caused it to affect everyone.

So yep, Nova as usual screws up.
    Sure, let's blame the nice kid that wasn't told the plan. Wanda and Havok's poor leadership ruined the mutants again.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

If Storm brought kids into battle, than what was Schism for? Wasn't that the whole reason they broke the X-Men? Not to bring kids into fights?
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Obviously, it's Wanda's fault. It was Wanda Strange, and then it went to Wanda Doom, so clearly, its the Wanda part to blame.
    Where is the logic in this ? Lord.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    If Storm brought kids into battle, than what was Schism for? Wasn't that the whole reason they broke the X-Men? Not to bring kids into fights?
    Exactly, Storm messed up here, at the moment if this is what it seems like she looks like a hypocrite.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Exactly, Storm messed up here, at the moment if this is what it seems like she looks like a hypocrite.
    Well lets be fair here, "No students fighting, never, ever never!" was never Storm's byline, it (somehow) was Wolverine's. You can, by implication extend it to the other original Jean Grey staff, Beast, Iceman, Rachel (etc) who went along with it. Storm though, stayed in Utopia and only joined the JGS after AvX. She was also not really shown to be much of an adherent to that philosophy. She did at times spout off some truly abominable lines, but it can honestly be held up more as writer error than her actual stance.

She's also already mobilized all of the students to fight in Woods X-Men. This of course means that she has massively eclipsed Cyclops for the number of students she's ordered into life or death battles and the number of times that she's done so. This is not meant as a criticism of her but more evidence that the whole schism was stupid beyond belief and unsustainable from the outset. Hopefully though, this means we will never be subjected to "For the Children!" arguments ever again
    Last edited by Kisinith; 11-20-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    So assuming they ARE inverted, (and feel free to argue otherwise) who do you blame?
    The Inversion Spell was magic.

Magic is crafted from the 'life force' and consciousness of all living things.

There are no living things in the Marvel Universe because it's fiction.

Ergo its magic comes from the nearest universe containing actual life - ours.

Wanda, Strange and Doom all tapped the magic created by true humanity and it backfired.

Conclusion: something makes the magic from our universe unhealthy, full of spite and bitter rage, and a need to demand instant changes without thinking of consequence.

Where am I going with this? Oh yeah, it's basically all the fault of the negativity spewed forth from this board infecting the comics we read. Or to put it another way, in my best pro wrestling voice:

I BLAME EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!

Here endeth the lesson.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

BANNED

people just saying "bad writing" doesn't really help. These are the cards we've been dealt, now we have to play with them.
    Or .. and this is a radical idea i know .. but maybe stop sinking money in low-quality crappily-written books.

Maybe Storm and the kids were affected by the World War Hate, so that's why they acted irracionally and went war against the Red Skull and his minions!?
    Last edited by ETMike1988; 11-21-2014 at 01:57 AM.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Deadpool's issue randomly has all X-Men at the X-School being at Genosha, despite no mention or showing of this, and thus inverted. The explanation being that it's Storm's fault... Yeah.

What's been done to poor Rachel is criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Well lets be fair here, "No students fighting, never, ever never!" was never Storm's byline, it (somehow) was Wolverine's. You can, by implication extend it to the other original Jean Grey staff, Beast, Iceman, Rachel (etc) who went along with it. Storm though, stayed in Utopia and only joined the JGS after AvX. She was also not really shown to be much of an adherent to that philosophy. She did at times spout off some truly abominable lines, but it can honestly be held up more as writer error than her actual stance.

She's also already mobilized all of the students to fight in Woods X-Men. This of course means that she has massively eclipsed Cyclops for the number of students she's ordered into life or death battles and the number of times that she's done so. This is not meant as a criticism of her but more evidence that the whole schism was stupid beyond belief and unsustainable from the outset. Hopefully though, this means we will never be subjected to "For the Children!" arguments ever again
    Storm let students, who were trained, fight (and they WERE supervised by a Veteran team leader like Psylocke) and she let them defend themselves when the school was attacked at times. However, her sending characters like Nature Girl to war? Her being the reason everyone at the school is inverted? What's been done to Rachel is HER fault?

Seriously?!
    Last edited by Sardorim; 11-21-2014 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Storm let students, who were trained, fight (and they WERE supervised by a Veteran team leader like Psylocke) and she let them defend themselves when the school was attacked at times. However, her sending characters like Nature Girl to war? Her being the reason everyone at the school is inverted? What's been done to Rachel is HER fault?
    Storm : "And remember students, that will count toward your final grade!"

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Maybe Storm and the kids were affected by the World War Hate, so that's why they acted irracionally and went war against the Red Skull and his minions!?
    I could live with that theory. They'd have to show it on panel though.
    "Self has no time for this."

I could live with that theory. They'd have to show it on panel though.
    You know how modern comics work.
    Half of the information is provided by the writer in interviews instead of being shown.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Deadpool's issue randomly has all X-Men at the X-School being at Genosha, despite no mention or showing of this, and thus inverted. The explanation being that it's Storm's fault... Yeah.

What's been done to poor Rachel is criminal.

Seriously?!
    No, I never blamed Rachel, nor did I say that what happened was her fault. I said that the schism line about never letting children fight was never really Storms line thus she shouldn't be considered hypocritical (in this case) for not holding to it. I made no comment at all about blame over the children fighting. I haven't read the issue and prefer not to comment on what I don't know.

I also wasn't defending the decision to dump all of the x-kids into battle either. I condemned the plan when it was Wanda's in Uncanny Avengers and it's just as dumb now.

The only thing I said that could be applied to Rachel was that the rule of children not fighting could only be attributed to Wolverine and by extension the xmen who joined him after schism. The implication of my post was that this is yet another example of how the gold side narrative was dumb and unsustainable.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 11-21-2014 at 04:15 AM.