Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Starlin Theorizes the "Relativity" of Thanos and Annihilus

Writer/artist Jim Starlin discusses pitting the Mad Titan and a team of cosmic heroes against Annihilus in his new graphic novel, "Thanos: The Infinity Relativity."

Full article here.

" I really like Drax's new look, but I'm not crazy about Gamora's. I'm not sure why she'd be wearing all that white armor, so I made some temporary adjustments to her look about midway through the story."

Hell yeah

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

so Thanos vs Hulk comes out now but it's set before Infinity Revelation...
    confusing
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post
    " I really like Drax's new look, but I'm not crazy about Gamora's. I'm not sure why she'd be wearing all that white armor, so I made some temporary adjustments to her look about midway through the story."

Hell yeah
    BAM!!! I've been saying that since this Bendys era NuGotG launched! There it goes from her very creator!
    Whether people liked the white storm-trooper armor or not was inconsequential, it was never and will never be fitting of her personality (it was the same for Star Lord), no matter how much Bendys says "she's changed". It was liking seeing a politician dressing up in a full hip hop outfit, it's just wrong and boarders on the edge of parody.

They FINALLY changed her to the more appropriate movie look literally just this month, but it just goes to show everyone ONCE AGAIN how wrong and clueless the current series' direction has been since it first relaunched and how they have been in a mad-dash to try to fix what they originally thought they were making "better" (aka more generic).

I'm loving what Starlin is saying. I know Revelation's trippiness wasn't everyone's cup of tea but it was VERY Warlock era Starlin and YES very ego driven, which he clearly states within the pages of the book itself. I took it all as a meta message about how his and other creator's ego's are constantly at odds with each other and how those ego's were literally defining who these characters (Adam and Thanos) now were and are going to be. Another plus is that in this interview alone Starlin has acknowledged more of Marvel's cosmic continuity (including that which he himself was not a part of) then the entirety of the current 2 "cosmic flagship books" (NuNova and NuGotG) ever have combined.

I'm looking forward to this as a return to what made Cosmic Marvel the hot property it has become today. No uber marketing pushes and super glossy art, those gimmicks just create fads that run out of steam quickly and only benefit the bank accounts of those who are currently on those books. Just focus on solid and consistent storytelling that rewards those who stick with it and blows the minds of those who are just discovering it. That may not give the guys in charge the immediate cash they crave but as the Annihilation era has proven with the GotG film very recently it will lead to bigger better things for Marvel and all their fans new and old .

Amazing Member

It would be great if Starlin gets to play around a bit more in the Cosmic U, and maybe even picks up on some dangling threads from DnA's run. Obviously, I'd love to see The Raptors explored more fully, but no matter what, it's always nice to have Starlin back.

Quote Originally Posted by Superkreep View Post
    Starlin has acknowledged more of Marvel's cosmic continuity (including that which he himself was not a part of) then the entirety of the current 2 "cosmic flagship books" (NuNova and NuGotG) ever have combined.
    No friggin' kidding! I wonder what Starlin made of Bendis!'s horrendous Avengers Assemble run, when he wrote it as if no Earth-based heroes had ever heard of Thanos before. Urgh that was so aggravating!
    Last edited by Darkhawk; 11-21-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Spectacular Member Gladiator7117's Avatar

Gladiator is in it....SOLD!

As always, I'm having a great time writing and drawing this latest installment of Thanos' mad existence. To be honest, I'm getting on in years, and I've made some commitments which may mean that this set of graphic novels might well be my last time at the helm with the Mad Titan. I'm putting everything I have into the stories -- I hope the readers enjoy. - Starlin

Damn, I can just imagine him saying that in person lol brings a tear to my eye. I definitely get the feeling that Starlin immensely enjoyed the Annihilation stuff, he mentions it all the time lol

I am SO STOKED for this. Gladiator, Surfer, Pip!!!!!!!! Every actual sci-fi writer and reader hates what marvel is currently muddling around with. I;m definitely expecting a reunion for the infinity watch.

BANNED

Wasn't a big fan of Revelation. Hopefully this is better.

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    This can only be better. After Revelation there is nowhere to go but up.

Starlin and Thanos are always a good combination.

"In the summer of 2015"? Talk about advance notice. I'll go let my retailer know to hold one for me, hopefully he'll still be in business then.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator7117 View Post
    Gladiator is in it....SOLD!
    He seemed to have a soft spot for Gladiator too. He frankly was the only Annihilator that was sparred in his last book. Makes sense though... if he's going to use Gladiator again, might as well make him look strong.

Spectacular Member Gladiator7117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    He seemed to have a soft spot for Gladiator too. He frankly was the only Annihilator that was sparred in his last book. Makes sense though... if he's going to use Gladiator again, might as well make him look strong.
    Imperative? I might have to pick it up

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    It can only be better...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuTreachery View Post
    It can only be better...
    Haha I would hope so.