Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii U

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Honestly the reason I think Nintendo have so many issues is due to a lot of internal miscommunications or maybe even a power struggle between old guard and the new guard. Fanboys don't like it when you say that iwata or myamoto might be a problem, or at the very least part of the problem.
    I don't see how Miyamoto could be a problem. The games they make are still great. But the management is horrible, so yes they need new leaders. Someone that actually understands how advertising works. The Wii-U is a great console, but it has a horrible, horrible image.
    Life is but a dream

Astonishing Member

I have every Nintendo console from SNES to Wii, but not really seeing the appeal of the Wii U. I mean yeah it has Nintendo games like Donkey Kong, but that's basically it right now. The hardware itself is blah, and even then there aren't enough good games that make it feel worth it.
    Last edited by Kid A; 05-04-2014 at 01:06 PM.

I've never seen Donkey Kong used as a "that's it" game for Nintendo...

Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, and Super Smash Bros. Wii U are the shining stars of the Wii U, IMO. Two of them aren't even out yet, but I have a feeling Wii U sales will go way up when they do.

Astonishing Member

Meant to say games like Donkey Kong, alluding to other Nintendo franchises.

But yeah that's still not very impressive, especially since Nintendo's better 3DS will be cannibalizing Smash Bros.
    Last edited by Kid A; 05-04-2014 at 01:08 PM.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    I don't see how Miyamoto could be a problem. The games they make are still great. But the management is horrible, so yes they need new leaders. Someone that actually understands how advertising works. The Wii-U is a great console, but it has a horrible, horrible image.
    yeah but miyamoto doesn't just make games though. He has input when it comes to other things as well, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I have every Nintendo console from SNES to Wii, but not really seeing the appeal of the Wii U. I mean yeah it has Nintendo games like Donkey Kong, but that's basically it right now. The hardware itself is blah, and even then there aren't enough good games that make it feel worth it.
    The hardware is fine. We are already at the point where the specs no longer matter. Some developers might complain about hardware, but its pretty much a cover for them saying they don't want to risk putting a game on the Wii U.
    Life is but a dream

Default Nintendo $457 MILLION loss!

Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    yeah but miyamoto doesn't just make games though. He has input when it comes to other things as well, apparently.
    AFAIK, his input is entirely centered on the development aspect and not the business side of Nintendo. The games are still solid, but nobody is buying.
    Life is but a dream

Default Nintendo spends $100 million on mystery acquisition

Spider-Prime's Only Fan Spider-Prime's Avatar

They could have bought the rights to the NFC Tech that is in Skylanders and Disney Infinity.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/05/0...mario-figurine

They say both of these on the same day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    posting a huge loss and then announce new initiatives

comes off like a scramble for the next quarter

I cant wait for this game!

Comes out next week

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Nintendo really should invest in 2nd party games and western studios. They really should have bought Atlus. Or at least platinum games.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    AFAIK, his input is entirely centered on the development aspect and not the business side of Nintendo. The games are still solid, but nobody is buying.
    I'm thinking nobody wants the console, that and the need more western appealing games whether Nintendo fans like it or not. They need to appeal to the west more.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdragon6 View Post
    Nintendo really should invest in 2nd party games and western studios. They really should have bought Atlus. Or at least platinum games.
    This I agree with. I think Nintendo should also start catering and grooming indie developers, making their console the cheapest to host indie games. Also, Nintendo should 100% embrace digital downloads, and their new system should have a very large HD in order to hold all their games. Telling their customers to they have to purchase an external HD isn't acceptable.
    Life is but a dream