Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii U

Registered and linked my account. My copy of nintendo land also had a pin to be redeemed so when when the Wii U survey gets in I will have well over the 200 points to get Metroid!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    I didn't see any Megaman sales going on but I might have missed them. I bought Darksiders II ($7.99 sale) and The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II and The Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past. I also picked up Kid Icarus, Super Mario 2 and Super Mario World.

Most likely I will eventually get all the Zela/Mario games as well as the other older NES,GBA and SNES classics such as the Megaman/Castlevania/Metroid series since I love the retro games.

Will probably pick up Armillo game this weekend if it's still on sale
    If you like retro games you should get Shovel Knight when it does on sale next week, it's being considered as a game of the year by a lot of sites despite being a retro style indie title and for very good reason.

Today is the last day for the Nintendo Network Premium so make a last min scramble for extra credit if you haven't done so already. I really recommend Scram Kitty, Armillo, Nano Neo Assault, Resident Evil Revelations, Stick It To The Man, Darksiders 2, ZombiU, Steamworld Dig, Rayman Legends and Art Of Balance that all on sale at the moment.

I was thinking of making one last splurge but I've got enough games to play at the moment and I'd be better off waiting for a sale for the titles I would get.
    Last edited by jump; 12-31-2014 at 05:02 AM.

For VC titles
    I recommend

Castlevania aria of sorrow
    super castlevania 4
    might final fight
    gargoyle's quest 2
    demon's crest
    mega man x 3
    fire emblem
    wild guns
    golden sun
    advance wars
    Metroid fusion
    ice hockey
    Contra 3 the alien wars
    Kirby super star
    and of course
    earthbound

Fantastic Member

I’m really annoyed with the “Must Haves” thing. Apparently its just a spotlight, not a sale. It would have made more sense for NoA to do that in December when people were trying to decide how to earn Deluxe Digital points. I don’t see how this benefits anyone in January. In fact, I expect even more backlash over the quality of Club Nintendo offerings if I don’t see a good chunk of these games as rewards on the 20th.

On the bright side, Shovel Knight currently is on sale for both systems. Unfortunately I had just bought the Wii U one for last-minute Deluxe Digital points because I was becoming convinced NoA would never put this on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    Registered and linked my account. My copy of nintendo land also had a pin to be redeemed so when when the Wii U survey gets in I will have well over the 200 points to get Metroid!
    The surveys usually take a few days to appear and vanish within a week or so. I’d check frequently.

I found out about that Club Nintendo thing too late OTL so I didn't really buy much online, but I did manage to get £15! I got Super Metroid, Hyrule Warriors Skyward Sword DLC and Scram Kitty, still have £5 more! IDK if I should use it to buy Megaman Battle Network or Fire Emblem for £1.29 or A Link to the Past for 49p

And now I see the Sacred Stone is now also available? Gah!
    Last edited by Step; 01-01-2015 at 10:54 PM.

I may give in and buy a WIIU just for Bayonetta 2. Perhaps when I have the money for it

I never got a Wii U because we still play the Wii and the controller never struck me as being functional.

Had Nintendo better explained what the controller does and how it works, and had they more 3rd party support on release, this could have rivalled the other two consoles on the market, but even for the Wii, sometimes I did - and still do - wonder if a games would be easier with a more conventional controller (I'm a big Samurai Warriors fan, see?).

I actually felt that X-box and Playstation never needed updating just yet, but at least Wii U allows players to play Wii games, which is something that Microsoft and Sony should take note of.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaChiba View Post
    I never got a Wii U because we still play the Wii and the controller never struck me as being functional.

Had Nintendo better explained what the controller does and how it works, and had they more 3rd party support on release, this could have rivalled the other two consoles on the market, but even for the Wii, sometimes I did - and still do - wonder if a games would be easier with a more conventional controller (I'm a big Samurai Warriors fan, see?).

I actually felt that X-box and Playstation never needed updating just yet, but at least Wii U allows players to play Wii games, which is something that Microsoft and Sony should take note of.
    The Wii U has plenty of 3rd party support on release from the multi-format AAA titles to exclusives, it was a year later when they stopped supporting it.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaChiba View Post
    Wii U does have a conventional controller, the Wii U Pro Controller, it's actually really nice!
    Last edited by Step; 01-04-2015 at 12:40 PM.

I haven't bought a a Pro controller yet but I simply love the Mario themed classic controller that I bought which resembles a Gamecube controller. It works well with the virtual console games.

Spider-Prime's Only Fan Spider-Prime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mari View Post
    I may give in and buy a WIIU just for Bayonetta 2. Perhaps when I have the money for it
    You won't regret it, it's awesome! and it's worth playing the first game again with the added new costumes They have neat new things that change up her play style.

Any word on a rerelease of OoT or Majora's Mask for WiiU? I know you can get them via Wii mode but I'm lazy and would like something more like the versions that were released on 3DS.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Spider-Prime's Only Fan Spider-Prime's Avatar

They haven't put any N64 games on the wii u yet, probably trying to get it scale so it looks better is probably hard for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Any word on a rerelease of OoT or Majora's Mask for WiiU? I know you can get them via Wii mode but I'm lazy and would like something more like the versions that were released on 3DS.
    Well Ninty have confirmed that N64 virtual consoles games are coming but not when they are coming or if the Zeldas will be apart of it. If you want special edition remasters then you will have to get the 3DS versions as Ninty wants the virtual console to be pure emulations of the orginal games for nostalgia purposes.