Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii U

Quote Originally Posted by gobSIDES View Post
    The smash bro's and Mario Karts just don't excite me at all. They did on the Wii and just had to get it for them, but after 2-3 days never put them back on. They played almost exactly like the iterations I played all summer on the game cube many a year ago.
    I disagree about Mario Kart Double Dash & Mario Kart Wii being the same, the two feel like very different games with the two driver mechanic and arcade racer feel of DD to the more straight up Wii.

Smash Melee & Brawl are similar enough but gameplay wise Melee is more for the hardcore games whilst brawl being more fun for everyone.

^^I just feel the racing was very similar, and even th DS version wasn't much different imo. Great if it's your first one, or you're a hardcore fan of the series.

Yeah Brawl was fun and all, but when I went around to my bud's house, about 2 years after it's release and played Melee on GC for the first time, I knew I needed a GC, and saved until I had one. It turned out to be my 2nd fav' console I've ever owned. So I felt it may be the same with the Wii and got after Brawl came out. It turned out to be my least fav' console I have ever owned.

No joke, and not hating on it, but I've maybe played about 150hrs total on the thing since 2008. I just feel, considering the price right now the Wii U is too big a risk, maybe next year when they beef up the library and more good reviews are coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by gobSIDES View Post
    ^^I just feel the racing was very similar, and even th DS version wasn't much different imo. Great if it's your first one, or you're a hardcore fan of the series.
    Are you sure you're thinking of Double Dash? It's easily the Mario Kart game that stands out the most for being different.

There will be a new Smash Bros character announced on Monday. I just looked for a Smash Bros thread and I'm shocked there wasn't one.

Fantastic Member

There is. It just slipped a bit because we hadn't had any news in a while.

http://community.comicbookresources....736#post201736

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/07/1..._medium=social

Fatal Frame Wii U Reveal Coming This Week

Cool. Seems a game perfectly suited to the WiiU gamepad.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Anyone else think that an HD compilation of the Baten Kaitos games would be awesome on the WiiU, especially if the gamepad is used for selecting your cards? Maybe a sequel to the Lost Kingdoms series, with that same gimmick.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 07-16-2014 at 10:05 AM.

BANNED

Fatal Frame still around and kicking?

remember when that came out for XBox

Spider-Prime's Only Fan Spider-Prime's Avatar

Awesome, I had to import Fatal Frame 4 for the wii and use the fan subs for it to play it, while the controls weren't great, they weren't game breaking and it was a fantastic game, I loved playing it still and enjoyed the story.

Hopefully, the new FF comes out over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Fatal Frame still around and kicking?

remember when that came out for XBox
    Nintendo acquired a partial ownership of the series a few years ago. The last 2 games were not released in North America though

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Anyone else think that an HD compilation of the Baten Kaitos games would be awesome on the WiiU, especially if the gamepad is used for selecting your cards? Maybe a sequel to the Lost Kingdoms series, with that same gimmick.
    I've been yelling for more Baten Kaitos for years. And hey, tri-Crescendo is in the HD compilation business now, so it might happen.

I need to get 9 points to get a freebie vocuher from the Premium Network so anyone get any recommendations for eShop games?

I’ve already got Nes Remix 1&2, Scram Kitty, Armillo, Ducktales Remastered, Stick It To The Man, Gucemelee & Nano Assault Neo. Shovel Knight hasn’t got an UK release and I’m tempted by Pusho World but it seems too similar to the 3DS versions.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    I need to get 9 points to get a freebie vocuher from the Premium Network so anyone get any recommendations for eShop games?

I’ve already got Nes Remix 1&2, Scram Kitty, Armillo, Ducktales Remastered, Stick It To The Man, Gucemelee & Nano Assault Neo. Shovel Knight hasn’t got an UK release and I’m tempted by Pusho World but it seems too similar to the 3DS versions.
    Zacisa's last stand or blok drop u