Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii U

The Ultimate Spider-Man MilesMorales's Avatar

The Wii U is in desperate need of third party support. There is absolutely no reason why GTAV, for example, couldn't have been released for it.

Also, I think one of Nintendo's biggest mistakes with the Wii U was getting rid of GameCube compatibility.
    Last edited by MilesMorales; 05-10-2014 at 02:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MilesMorales View Post
    The Wii U is in desperate need of third party support. There is absolutely no reason why GTAV, for example, couldn't have been released for it.

Also, I think one of Nintendo's biggest mistakes with the Wii U was getting rid of GameCube compatibility.
    Apparently Nintendo is not that good with negotiating with developers. Maybe they still have the same bussiness model they had in the 80s-90s. Acting as if they were still the biggest name in video games.

Honestly, only a few care about GameCube compatibility. I would have appreciated it, but I'm not going to complain considering that GC is ten years old.

I'm just going to get a used GC. When I have the extra cash.
    Life is but a dream

Spider-Prime's Only Fan Spider-Prime's Avatar

Fatal Frame 5 is coming out on the wii u, now this is a instant hype game for me. I love the series. I have every game in the series and played them tons of times. My favorite survival horror games.

There is absolutely no reason why GTAV, for example, couldn't have been released for it.
    Maybe no technical reason, but it would have been a waste of time and money on Rockstar's part. As much as Nintendo fans gnash their teeth about being passed over by 3rd parties, they never put their money where their mouth is when they finally do get some third party support.

You know there's a problem when even Call of Duty can't move units on the Wii U.

I'm probably one of the few, but I loved the game cube and I bought all multi console games on the Gamecube. I do the same with the Wii U, I bought some of the wii u multi port games on the wii u, if it didn't have a multiplayer my friends would play.

BANNED

and now with Nintendo posting a HUGE loss, what incentive is there for 3rd parties to deal with Nintendo

it's a "why even bother?" situation at this point

So Nintendo is now making money on each Wii U sold and Mario kart 8 is already boosting Wii U sales.....that looks good for Nintendo

Life is but a dream

BANNED

is that going to make up for the 400+ million dollar loss?

how many units of Mario Kart 8 is that?

let me do the math

7,501,250 units of Mario Kart 8

Sounds like Nintendo hit a home-run with Mario Kart 8.

Eurogamer: 10/10
    IGN: 9/10
    CVG: 9/10
    Polygon: 9/10
    Videogamer: 9/10
    Destructoid: 9/10
    Joystiq: 4.5/5
    Telegraph: 4.5/5
    GamesRadar: 4/5
    Shacknews: 8/10
    Gamespot: 8/10

Awesome, I'm getting my copy right away. I can't wait to play Mario Kart games again. I played the Wii Mario Kart for years before I finally got bored of it haha.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this but Ninty are making their own version of Skylanders with Mario etc figures.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned this but Ninty are making their own version of Skylanders with Mario etc figures.
    Im not sure what to make of this announcement. I dont really understand what Skylanders figures do? But I do know it has sold well, and Nintendo is wise for putting their deep stable of characters to work as figurines. If Pokemon gets involved I bet things will get even more interesting.