Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii U

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    and on a personal level, Nintendo promised the people a proper Zelda years ago when the N64 came out, and ever since Ocarina of Time...I personally have been waiting for a proper Zelda and am now getting it

so yay

that's happening now
    Wow, no love even for Majora, Oracles, or Minish Cap.

The only Zelda entry I thought was subpar was Skyward Sword. I felt it was too "constructed", in that every area felt like a dungeon instead of a living world. But then, I didn't get a chance to properly play it, since I had to stop halfway through. I'm planning on having another go at it soon.
    Last edited by MikeP; 06-22-2014 at 11:52 PM.
    Life is but a dream

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    The only Zelda entry I thought was subpar was Skyward Sword. It felt it was too "constructed", in that every area felt like a dungeon instead of a living world. But then, I didn't get a chance to properly play it, since I had to stop halfway through. I'm planning on having another go at it soon.
    It's so worth finishing.

Spider-Prime's Only Fan Spider-Prime's Avatar

Anyone read the Hyrule Historia book? It shows what really matters throughout each of the games and all of the lore and history to the series. It's pretty awesome book if you're a big fan of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless_Legend View Post
    The point I was making is that Nintendo should never have listened to or counted on Third-party developers anyway. They always do better when they go it alone.
    Tradtionaly Ninty don't listen to or encourage 3rd party developers enough which is part of the problem.

I disagree...Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword were just entries in the Zelda universe...nothing terribly special about any of them

the 3DS titles were a touch better, but this new title looks to walk in the path of the truly GREAT Zelda entries like Link to the Past and Ocarina
    By 3DS do you mean Ocarina remake and A Link Between Worlds or the DS ones Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks?

Personally I thought if they just include an extra dungeon or two in Wind Waker to replace the horrible sail & fetch missions at the end It'd be perfect but it's still my favourite out of all the Zeldas.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Prime View Post

Anyone read the Hyrule Historia book? It shows what really matters throughout each of the games and all of the lore and history to the series. It's pretty awesome book if you're a big fan of the series.
    I bought it when it first came out and wrote a review on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3M3P2Z...wasThisHelpful

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    Tradtionaly Ninty don't listen to or encourage 3rd party developers enough which is part of the problem.
    No, that was the correct course of action. Going it alone is what always made them money. Nintendo fans don't buy third-party titles on Nintendo systems even when they're available.

The problem this time, which I already explained before, is that they actually left themselves vulnerable to what's happening now because they held off on developing First-party stuff for the Wii U so that Third-party developers could release their own games first.

Basically, they tried to be nice to third-party devs, and in response, the 3rd party companies cancelled their games.

Nintendo forgot that Nintendo-fans want Nintendo games. We don't want EA or 2K or Activision or Ubisoft games. I don't care about Batman or Assassin's Creed on Wii U. I care about Zelda and Metroid and Mario and Fire Emblem and Advance Wars on Wii U.

What Nintendo should have done is say "Screw 3rd parties, we don't need you", and then immediately begun developing and releasing 1st party games on Wii U. If they had done that, there never would have been an early weak-period of slow Wii U sales.

BANNED

posting a 400+ million dollar loss is a bit more than a "weak period", let's not understate the problem here

Quote Originally Posted by Endless_Legend View Post
    No, that was the correct course of action. Going it alone is what always made them money. Nintendo fans don't buy third-party titles on Nintendo systems even when they're available.

The problem this time, which I already explained before, is that they actually left themselves vulnerable to what's happening now because they held off on developing First-party stuff for the Wii U so that Third-party developers could release their own games first.

Basically, they tried to be nice to third-party devs, and in response, the 3rd party companies cancelled their games.

Nintendo forgot that Nintendo-fans want Nintendo games. We don't want EA or 2K or Activision or Ubisoft games. I don't care about Batman or Assassin's Creed on Wii U. I care about Zelda and Metroid and Mario and Fire Emblem and Advance Wars on Wii U.

What Nintendo should have done is say "Screw 3rd parties, we don't need you", and then immediately begun developing and releasing 1st party games on Wii U. If they had done that, there never would have been an early weak-period of slow Wii U sales.
    I'm not disagreeing with the statement Ninty fans don't buy 3rd party games but I don't believe Ninty ever told developers that they wouldn't develop games for Wii U so other companies can get their games out first. Ninty had a lot of problems adjusting for HD games with increased development times what they weren’t prepared for and also the 3DS was struggling so they needed to shift games out for that too plus they rushed the Wii U so it would beat the other new consoles.

Ninty have a long history of not working well with other companies, in the SNES/NES days they wouldn’t allow companies to publish more than 5 games a year and would insist they only use cartridges they supplied rather than the companies making their own. In the Gamecube era Ninty were charging twice as much than Sony & Microsoft for licenses and fees.

Ninty fans not buying COD, Battlefied is understandable but when the likes of Da Blob, Elebits aren’t selling is just plain confusing when they are just like Ninty games and Ninty fans don’t even buy Ninty games just look at Sin and Punishment 2, Metroid Other M, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Battalion Wars 2 selling poorly thanks to the lack of Mario attached.
    Last edited by jump; 06-23-2014 at 08:27 AM.

BANNED

wasn't 'The Wonderful 101' supposed to be one of their big sellers?

whatever happened with that?

I never heard that. I saw very few ads for it, so I doubt many people knew about it when it was released.
    Life is but a dream

It was more fan hype as there wasn't much else coming out at the time, Ninty didn't really push it that much (despite them paying for it to be made) and like all of Platinum Games it got good reviews and limited sales. Shame as it's great game once you get past the controls learning curve.
    Last edited by jump; 06-23-2014 at 09:16 AM.

It wasn't a Mario game, so nobody bought it.

A shame, since it's easily one of the best games on the Wii U and one of the most unique action games to come out in a long time. But...

Nintendo-fans want Nintendo games. We don't want EA or 2K or Activision or Ubisoft games
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 06-23-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    It wasn't a Mario game, so nobody bought it.

A shame, since it's easily one of the best games on the Wii U and one of the most unique action games to come out in a long time. But...
    Pretty much, the same thing happened on the Wii with Madworld, Deadly Creatures & No More Heroes all of them great action games. It does make me worry about Bayonetta 2 being a flop.