Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Dc All Access top 10 Wondrous Wonder Woman moments

Top 10 WW moments by Dc all acess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzbP-f7H5Dk

Perez Ares and Azzarello Minotaur being my favs.

All great highlights, imo. Ares, A Day in the Life, Genocide, the Green Lantern, the minotaur, Maxwell Lord, Medusa, League of One, Cheetah, abdicating the throne...don't think I could pick a favorite

Astonishing Member

This is good fun, and a pretty good list. Thanks for posting it, Borntohula.

"The Hiketeia" is the one story not mentioned that I think deserves a mention. I'd probably drop Genocide to make room for it.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

This is a great list of Diana's heroic deeds throughout the decades. As much as I love seeing Wonder Woman fight her villains, #2 is the most heart-warming IMO.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    All great highlights, imo. Ares, A Day in the Life, Genocide, the Green Lantern, the minotaur, Maxwell Lord, Medusa, League of One, Cheetah, abdicating the throne...don't think I could pick a favorite
    Haven't looked at the video, but Genocide was a top ten moment?!? Genocide?!? She is one of the worst created villains Wondy has had.

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Haven't looked at the video, but Genocide was a top ten moment?!? Genocide?!? She is one of the worst created villains Wondy has had.
    It is in the list because of what Diana does after having defeated her. She tries to save her.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFeath View Post
    It is in the list because of what Diana does after having defeated her. She tries to save her.
    Ahhh....I get it, although Wonder Woman not finding or going after Genocide after she gets dropped in the ocean is one of Wonder Woman's Top Ten Stupid Moments. It's like Gail Simone decided to go for the overused trope of 'let's assume the vicious villain is dead and not go after the body'. Because, if the villain was any good, we know he/she would come back in a later issue.

Ahhh....I get it, although Wonder Woman not finding or going after Genocide after she gets dropped in the ocean is one of Wonder Woman's Top Ten Stupid Moments. It's like Gail Simone decided to go for the overused trope of 'let's assume the vicious villain is dead and not go after the body'. Because, if the villain was any good, we know he/she would come back in a later issue.
    What do you mean? She went searching for her but didn't find her. The point of this list is not showing the best stories or the best villains, but the moments in which Diana was 'Wonder Woman', showing mercy, making sacrifies, ecc... That moment with Genocide is included because after everything she did, Diana decides to show mercy even to her and tries to save her, remaing true to herself by not wanting a revenge on Genocide.
    Last edited by BlackFeath; 11-22-2014 at 07:02 AM.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

I don't agree with #8 (John Byrne). Refusing the throne and giving it to Phillipus isn't something special or iconic.

And about the minotaur, they say Diana and him met again "centuries" later...

BANNED

What do you mean? She went searching for her but didn't find her. The point of this list is not showing the best stories or the best villains, but the moments in which Diana was 'Wonder Woman', showing mercy, making sacrifies, ecc... That moment with Genocide is included because after everything she did, Diana decides to show mercy even to her and tries to save her, remaing true to herself by not wanting a revenge on Genocide.
    This is going from memory, but didn't Diana try to go looking after Genocide right after getting dropped in the ocean, but somehow couldn't find her? I think this is more of what I meant by overused trope because a super being like Diana couldn't find the villains body seconds after falling? Shoddy storytelling, makes Diana look stupid not being able to find her.

But, it is off topic and I see the point that the video is trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonter Voman View Post
    I don't agree with #8 (John Byrne). Refusing the throne and giving it to Phillipus isn't something special or iconic.

Eh xD It seems they don't know much about new 52's Diana. How could she have met him 'centuries' later if she is only 23? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Vonter Voman View Post

Really, what's wrong with that?

This is going from memory, but didn't Diana try to go looking after Genocide right after getting dropped in the ocean, but somehow couldn't find her? I think this is more of what I meant by overused trope because a super being like Diana couldn't find the villains body seconds after falling? Shoddy storytelling, makes Diana look stupid not being able to find her.

But, it is off topic and I see the point that the video is trying to make.
    Ok, I now understand what you are saying. Personally I think Genocide actually disappeared and didn't really die. Probably Simone wanted to re-use her in the future (maybe involving also another villain who may have 'collected' her while she was underwater). That's why Diana didn't find her. Not because she wasn't able to, but because Genocide disappeared, she wasn't there anymore when Diana went looking for her. That's the impression I had.

I'm not sure I agree with Diana trying to save Genocide as Diana being compassionate. With the Minotaur and the Lantern, they were innocent victims but Genocide was a monster that took pleasure in the carnage she wrought. I'd have replaced this moment with Diana infusing a piece of her soul in Darkseid which made him feel a brief moment of kindness. It's one of the more creative ways Darkseid has been beaten and kind of adds a dangerous edge to Diana's nature.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with Diana trying to save Genocide as Diana being compassionate. With the Minotaur and the Lantern, they were innocent victims but Genocide was a monster that took pleasure in the carnage she wrought. I'd have replaced this moment with Diana infusing a piece of her soul in Darkseid which made him feel a brief moment of kindness. It's one of the more creative ways Darkseid has been beaten and kind of adds a dangerous edge to Diana's nature.
    Well, yeah, maybe Darkseid's one would have deserved to be in this list more than others, but I think the Genocide's one did as well. Genocide was a monster...that makes Diana even more 'wonderful' in a certain sense. For a moment she hesitated, because like everyone else she thought that someone like Genocide deserved to die, but then she decided that it wasn't right, that everyone, even a monster deserved a second chance, that it wasn't right of her to let someone, even someone like Genocide, die if she could have prevented that, if it wasn't necessary.