Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    Really, what's wrong with that?
    I just don't find it "wondrous" or iconic, or special. I didn't even remember that happened. And it was quickly changed again, as Hippolyta returned to be the queen, and then Phillipus and Artemis became the rulers when it became a republic.

There are other moments that could be there instead of this one. Maybe even in John Byrne's run.

I have to agree, messing up the facts on the most recently completed run, saying she met the minotaur hundreds of years later, is kind of a bad goof.

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Top 10 WW moments by Dc all acess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzbP-f7H5Dk

Perez Ares and Azzarello Minotaur being my favs.
    Regarding the No.1:
    Couldnt she have just kept her eyes closed?

Quote Originally Posted by Vonter Voman View Post
    I don't agree with #8 (John Byrne). Refusing the throne and giving it to Phillipus isn't something special or iconic.

And about the minotaur, they say Diana and him met again "centuries" later...
    Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Haven't looked at the video, but Genocide was a top ten moment?!? Genocide?!? She is one of the worst created villains Wondy has had.
    It feels to me like a very "diplomatic" video. They picked one moment out of as many runs in the last 20 years as they could.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Regarding the No.1:
    Couldnt she have just kept her eyes closed?
    Have you read Rucka's run? If not, I recommend it.

Earlier in the story, we learn that Medusa has the power to compel people to look at her. So, Diana didn't take any chances with just "not looking."

I love that list! There are a few that I feel deserve to be on there more than others (Hiketeia!), but all in all, pretty great. I also wish the Lucy Spears (or Myndi Mayer too actually) stuff was part of it... those stories were beyond heartbreaking with how WW handled it.

They came up with a really good list. I wouldn't have picked that John Byrne story because I don't feel like it rises to the level of the others, but otherwise, really good. I would have also included Wonder Woman freeing enslaved women across the galaxy from the Sangtee Empire during William Messner-Loebs' run instead.

I think they also made a mistake in regard to the chronology of the Minotaur story. They said that Diana first fought the Minotaur "centuries ago" and said that the recent rematch happened "hundreds of years later." I thought Azzarello confirmed that Diana is only 23 years old and the first Minotaur encounter happened 10 years ago. Ah well.
    Last edited by SonOfBaldwin; 11-23-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Great list! All of them were great showings of Wonder Woman, I don't really care much for her saving Genocide or something (It's actually the only showing I can't fully remember lol, oh and that Phillipus one, only cause I didn't read that run yet), but beyond that, they were amazing.

Wonder Woman blinding herself is still the first thing that pops into my mind when someone asks me to recall some of Wonder Woman's best moments.
    Last edited by Step; 11-23-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Sounds like a bunch of post Crisis stuff
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    This is going from memory, but didn't Diana try to go looking after Genocide right after getting dropped in the ocean, but somehow couldn't find her? I think this is more of what I meant by overused trope because a super being like Diana couldn't find the villains body seconds after falling? Shoddy storytelling, makes Diana look stupid not being able to find her.

But, it is off topic and I see the point that the video is trying to make.
    My problem with it was all along she'd been saying she'd kill Genocide and when the opportunity came she didn't. It made her look like a liar at worst and wishy washy at best.

My problem with the list is they didn't get certain facts straight and didn't include any moments from Marston's run. It was a nice attempt though and fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Have you read Rucka's run? If not, I recommend it.

Earlier in the story, we learn that Medusa has the power to compel people to look at her. So, Diana didn't take any chances with just "not looking."
    It was the first WW run i ever read. It was ages ago and dont remember most of it. I remember the Embassy stuff and Athena becoming the queen, but not much else.