Default Lorelai vs Venus vs Enchantress vs Jasmine

Four goddesses set off to Earth in a competition to try and enslave as many men as possible.

Lorelai of Asgard
    Enchantress of Asgard
    Venus of Agents of Atlas
    Jasmine of Angel

1. Who manages to enslave the most men by the end of 1 week?

2. Free-for-all catfight. No BFR. Who wins?
    Last edited by Sophicles; 05-11-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Jasmine could enthrall both men and women so I would think she has the advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    Jasmine could enthrall both men and women so I would think she has the advantage.
    Why would that be an advantage in scenario 1? Only the men count towards their final count. The person who wins has the most number of MEN enslaved.

Jasmine's powers worked over tv. All she has to do is get to a network studio and she wins the contest.

Fantastic Member

I think Jasmine due to being able to go on Tv and snare millions of viewers at once. I don't know anything about Venus.

Venus's power is similar to Lorelai's - any man who hears her voice is ensnared.

The difference is Venus sings sometimes... I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    Why would that be an advantage in scenario 1? Only the men count towards their final count. The person who wins has the most number of MEN enslaved.
    Oh right.

Though I'm wondering if the others abilities only affect straight men.

I wouldn't think Venus's does, since her voice/song is more Empathic emotion/mind control than sexual desire/seduction.

And similarly, Jasmine/Enchantress powers are more straight-up mind control, regardless of sexual orientation.

Venus' song affected Namora, so gender and sexual orientation might not be a factor. Venus affects mass groups in earshot. If her song broadcasts over media, then she pulls 2nd place. Jasmine only needs to smile and say a few words (if that much). Her power is an "Aura of Awe", going well beyond lust. Enchantress' motif is one-on-one, potent, but I've never seen her enthrall groups without extra effort. Lorelei from the TV show actually comes out better than the comic version, but not better than Jasmine or Venus.

In a fight, Enchantress. Magically, she's the biggest threat. If scenario 1 is legal as a resource in scenario 2, Enchantress gets around the usual forum rules-lawyering by enthralling Connor and siccing him on Jasmine. Venus was affected by the Ancient One's magic, and Amora has dangerous feats. Lorelei WISHES she had big sister's skills!
    Last edited by Tangent Man; 05-12-2014 at 01:52 AM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Here's the deal - by far the best fighter and the most dangerous here is Amora, and she's going to be totally immune to the mind-bending powers of the others (LOLnopeing Xavier, for example).

So in scenario 1, she simply hunts down the other three: she's got feats for finding specific people on midgard astrally and then teleporting to them effortlessly, so nothing is stopping her here. If she can't kill someone straight up, she can just dump them somewhere. And hunting down people who are building up a following of thralls isn't going to be challenging even without special abilities - simply turn on a TV or a computer.

In scenario 2, it's even easier - she stomps all over the other three, probably just dumping them into the sun or something. MAYBE her sister can resist for a minute or two, but she's eventually going down.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Here's the deal - by far the best fighter and the most dangerous here is Amora, and she's going to be totally immune to the mind-bending powers of the others (LOLnopeing Xavier, for example).

So in scenario 1, she simply hunts down the other three: she's got feats for finding specific people on midgard astrally and then teleporting to them effortlessly, so nothing is stopping her here. If she can't kill someone straight up, she can just dump them somewhere. And hunting down people who are building up a following of thralls isn't going to be challenging even without special abilities - simply turn on a TV or a computer.
    I don't know. Wouldn't Amora's bloodlust involve letting her rivals see her own wins? She's extremely competitive--I don't see the Enchantress sun-dumping her rivals at the onset. If she's obviously losing toward the end? Sure. Enchantress never loses gracefully.