• The 616 baby May

5 13.89%
  • Spider-Ham

1 2.78%
  • Somebody else!

8 22.22%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Who is the SCION, anyway?

That seems to be the big question on everybody's mind. There are 3 major totems. Such as Ezekiel told Peter and us. Kaine is the Other. Silk is the Bride. But the Scion is being left a mystery so far. I think it should be noted that the both of them are from the 616 universe. So is Peter, who's been appointed 'the chosen one' by the rest of the spiders due to him being the only one who had faced one of the Inheritors and survived. SpOck technically fits that bill since he's 616 Peter as well but from the past. There seems to be something special about the 616, I think.

Lets see, we've got a few popular theories about who our mystery player might be... But let's note what scion means: it's someone who is a descendant of an important family.

Karn is one of the Inheritors, but he's the outcast in his family. "He would rather create when the others would destroy" He hunts spider totems and kills them with a spear rather than taking their life force, and he doesn't take pleasure in it like the rest of them do. He does it because he hopes that one day he'll finally return home. There's no doubt he has an important role to play somewhere in all this. Is he the scion, though? He's from an influential family, sure.

Another one I've seen a lot of is Spider-Girl. Mayday Parker, she's got a role in all this. I'm a bit confused as to what it is, though. So far it's just been "rarh, revenge". Maybe that's as big as it gets, or maybe she's got a bigger role to play as things go on. She is Peter's daughter in the MC2 universe, always been fond of her character.

May's little baby brother, Benjy, he's been around. Cosmic Spider-Man's been making a point of keeping him safe. He's MC2 Peter's baby boy.

Then there's the Master Weaver himself. Don't know about him being the scion.

Bleeding Cool has a very interesting theory to consider.

Or could it be the 616 version of May Parker? There was all that suggestion that Normon Osborn arranged for her birth to be covered up as stillbirth and the child was taken by him, that seemed to be a tissue of lies.

What if someone else took her? And wouldn’t she, like, be two years old or something?

Could this really be a chance for Dan Slott to bring back a certain plotline we’d all but forgotten?
    This is something I didn't think of at all due to the complete disassociation from the fact that this was a thing. Yeah, Peter and MJ had a baby in the 616. We were told a bunch of different hooie, then it was gone and never talked about again. If it's the 616 baby May, where could she be? Again, the other 4 of our major players are from the 616.

But what do you think personally? One of these making sense to you or is it someone even further out of the left field?
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 11-22-2014 at 01:29 AM.

BANNED

If they go the route of 616 May being the scion, it would immediately make a lie out of OMIT's pages which established a baby was never conceived in the current timeline where no wedding took place, which would be fine with me, as I always believed Mephisto altered memories, not necessarily time.

Benjy has me curious, especially since his powers kicked in so soon (and he was once possessed by the Carnage symbiote too, which I think was what caused his powers to trigger early), and he's more than capable of holding his own in a fight even at that vulnerable age, so I'm waiting for a moment where he'll get to shine again. He's demonstrated his powers a few times, and even revealed them to some friends of his in nursery during a few comical back-up strips

It's never been established whether Baby May was born or not post-OMD. Quesada said that he didn't think it would happen, but commentary is not canon. Plus, a story dealing with multiple dimensions could bring in a kid from a dimension that was replaced by another.

I really doubt they're going in that direction, though.

The guy with the mask would be my guess. Presumably there's a reason we haven't seen his face.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

I'm going with Karn. He's probably the Peter Parker of the Dad Inheritor's world, adopted rather than consumed for some reason. Maybe just as a big ol' F--- You to the rest of the Spiders, having one of their own hunt and murder their kind.

BANNED

A close second is a hyper-aged Benjy, maybe he too turned into something like Karn after the Inheritors destroy the Spider-Hideout and kidnap the kid.

616 May doesn't exist anymore as per OMIT.

If the Other and the Bride had stronger readings, it's safe to assume the Scion does as well. So it can't be anyone between the Spiders we saw last issue meeting with Ock.

The guy with the mask would be my guess. Presumably there's a reason we haven't seen his face.
    Are you referring to Karn? or the Master Weaver? We saw Karn's face in the backup of SSM 33, so I don't think he's an alternate Peter. If he was, his face wouldn't have been shown. Doesn't rule him out being the Scion, though.
    If we assume the Spiders of the multiverse are metaphorically a family, the Weaver would not be the Scion, but the Father.

BANNED

Isn't there some big group-pic of the Inheritors that shows a young Karn with brown hair?

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Isn't there some big group-pic of the Inheritors that shows a young Karn with brown hair?
    What? Brown hair?!

He's definitely Peter Parker then! No one else in the multiverse could have such a distinct feature!

Seriously though, I went back to the ish in question and, yeah, he does have a vague resemblance to Parker. But if his identity was to be played out as mystery, I think showing the face is a terrible way of starting it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    What? Brown hair?!

He's definitely Peter Parker then! No one else in the multiverse could have such a distinct feature!

Seriously though, I went back to the ish in question and, yeah, he does have a vague resemblance to Parker. But if his identity was to be played out as mystery, I think showing the face is a terrible way of starting it.
    Heh.

I don't think any of the Inheritors have brown hair, all black. And the fact that he doesn't consume lifeforces, as mentioned above. As to his identity, it's a clue but not definitive. It's already clear he's not your usual Inheritor.

Or maybe the mystery is there to be figured out. There's plenty of questions that remain despite knowing who he is.

Amazing Member MJM Mystery Writer's Avatar

I think it's a real possibility that SCION is actually DARKDEVIL....Think about it. Darkdevil is seen in the previews for the upcoming Secret Wars series. Also, Darkdevil is the son of Ben Reilly...so, that means he has some sort of spider-powers, too. He also has the powers of a demon as well....which means he's very powerful, and can be a problem for the Inheritors. Darkdevil hasn't been mentioned in the Spider-verse story as of yet, but I can't imagine that the writers DON'T use him. After all, he has NEVER met his own father, and with Ben Reilly being back for this series, it seems like a perfect opportunity to introduce Darkdevil to Ben, AND bring him into the action!

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

Pretty sure it has to be someone from the 616 at this point.
    "This. Right here. This is where my life officially jumped the shark." Miles Morales
    "No, that was back on Cowboy world", Ultimate Cartoon Spidey
    ASM Vol 3, #12

My guess would be Karn, since in the side story in Superior Spider-Man 33, The Master Weaver referred to him as the chosen one.

iMan 42s

Karn makes sense. The brown hair doesn't mean anything really but him looking so different in general from the rest seems to indicate he might not be one of the family. Btw if alternate universes are anything to go by Peter can look slightly different in the facial features just look at Kaine.

Karn kills with a spear and wears red and blue and looks far different than his peers and his kill methods are noticeably different. What if he is an alternate spiderman? Like what should've been? If all these other worlds have spider men shouldn't the inheritors home dimension? Karn could've been adopted and was supposed to be that worlds spider totem. It might explain why he kills the way he does as he would naturally lack the life force absorbing power.

Also in Noirs spider verse issue he yelled he would devour superior and Noir. If he can't why would he yell that?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I think 616 Peter is the scion, but if it is baby May then Mephisto probably set up OMD so that he could get his hands on her power.

I think the little red haired girl from the "Renew Your Vows" teaser is from another dimension. One that may play a part in a future issue of Spider-Verse.

(Do we know how long the break will be between Spider-Verse and RYV?)